4.3

Price: $

Price: $

egg whites

on 8/18/2009 7:06:00 PM

This mask can be a mess and a hassle sometimes. The results don't last too long, but it's just a nice alternative. Nice to do once in a while.

on 7/20/2009 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

so im the second to review this fantastic gift of nature..egg whites makes great face mask..i like to use it alone on my nose or even the whole face..how do i do it?1st steam my face..then i apply it with a mask brush to get an even application,working on one part at one time..then i will put a ply of tissue paper..after it is a bit dry,i will layer another layer of egg whites all over and put another ply of tissue paper..wait till dry..once it dries,i will pull out the mask slowly from top to bottom..u will see a lot of dirt,blackheads,whiteheads being pulled off your skin..this will reduce breakouts,soothes the skin,brighten up your complexion..i do this at least once a week..the best inexpensive treatment..=)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This tightens my skin like nothing else! Zaps zits fast!

on 5/12/2009 1:04:00 PM

I use this (as recommended by MichellePhan) to tighten up my pores.
BUT, I also use it to extract whiteheads (like pore strips!)
Here's how I do it:

-put the egg white in a bowl, whisk it until it turns foamy with tiny bubbles. If it still looks like a clear jelly, keep whisking!
-i take my hot/warm shower. While my pores are still open from the hot water steam, i lather my face with the egg white foam. I put extra on my T-Zone and chin area.
-take some cosmetic cotton pads (not cotton balls! they have to have a flat surface). I put the cotton pads on top of the egg wash on my T-zone and chin.
-wait until the mask hardens and the cotton pads are dry (IMPORTANT: You have to wait until they are dry, like how you wait for the pore strips to dry before you take them off). Even if the pads are only a tad moist, they won't be able to take out the white/blackheads
-peel off the cotton pads slowly and wash your face with cool water to close the pores.

I immediately feel my skin is tighten and when I look at the pads, they do pick up some whiteheads!
I use it twice a month or else your skin will become immune to it.

This is a much cheaper alternative to BIORE and other pore strip brands :)

on 1/27/2009 1:47:00 AM

This luxurious mask is my HG! I cannot live without it! I did not realize that other people had even heard of it. I was looking into my beloved Mario Badescu products when I saw that their Temporary Lifting Mask that gets so many raves contains “Egg Albumin” (egg whites). I figured if they get such good results with this ingredient why not make my own.

Well the first time I tried it I took out the yolk and applied the rest to my skin. I did not notice much of a scent. I did however get weird red patches on my skin afterwards.

Well, I have perfected the formula now. It is VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU GET ALL THE YOLK AND GOOEY CLEAR STUFF OUT before applying it to your skin. This was the mistake I made the first time when I got red patches on my skin. The yolk and gooey clear stuff can irritate.

This is how I make my mask: I break open an egg and drop it into a small bowl. With my fingers I scoop out the YOLK AND ALL THE CLEAR GOOEY STUFF. What is left is ONLY A TABLESPOON OF CLEAR WATERY STUFF. I cannot stress how important it is to only put this runny clear stuff on your face. For an added treat I mash up ¼ of a strawberry and mix it into the runny egg whites. Yummy. It smells like a strawberry delight. During my shower or bath, after I have washed my face and hair (don’t want shampoo or conditioner touching my cleansed skin!) I apply the mask. I basically scoop it out and dump it onto my skin. I double layer it and apply it all the way up to my eyes (under the eye area) and into my hair line. I continue to shower/bath and I leave the mask on for up to an hour (20-60 minutes).

It will tighten tremendously while it dries, but it does not harden like clay masks. It tightens so much that when you open the bathroom door to let out the steam (from shower) you will feel your skin immediately tighten (with this stuff still on). When I rinse it off, I am left with beautiful, radiant, fresh, clean, soft, and glowing skin! It could even be used as a cleansing mask (without using a cleanser beforehand in the shower) for the same gentle but amazing results. I just can’t believe how clean and soft my skin feels. It seems like it has even helped with the redness that I usually have. It also controls acne. It can even be used practically daily.

on 1/8/2009 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I put it on and started gagging. The smell. NAAAAAASTY. Never again.

i've been using this years ago..but i stopped cuz i got "lazy"..well recently i stopped using bp, sa, glycolic products..anything products with chemicals or what not..horrible experience with all of them..anyways back to my review. started using egg white again. and thankfully reminded that this helped my skin with acne..and not just that too..made my skin soft..didn't feel dry after. also it's cheap and easy to use. just make sure you rinse it after it dries..it'll feel like it's sucking the air out of your face..=)

on 11/11/2008 3:07:00 PM

LOve this mask, it makes my skin soft, and it has helped my acne a little, but it does make my skin so soft, only remember people WASH IT AFTER 15 MINUTES OR SO or after it dries!!! i've heard of people that uses eggwhites as a mosturizer and leave it on all day long, and then complain about the itchiness, like...duh!

I've used this twice and love it. It tightens my pores, leaves my skin feeling baby smooth, and cuts any redness on my face from current breakouts by about 90%, in turn my makeup goes on so much smoother! I will continue to use this =)

on 6/9/2008 8:14:00 PM

i actuallly loooooooooove this mask..i have terrible acne..sudden flair up ...out of the blue..so i tried everything..zinc..jojoba oil (which broke me out)..asprin mask..which is okay..along w/ on the spot treatments..which include ur typical OTC(ONLY DAMAGED MY SKIN). i decided to finally try this..ive tried it 3 times..and my acne is almost completely gone..i have one tiny white head..and thats it..i also use the actual skin of the egg as an on the spot treatment...it works wonders and does not damage my skin. I LOVE IT..AND WILL CONTINUE USE!