NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single

NARS Cosmetics Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

4.5

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

on 4/4/2009 5:02:00 PM

OMG this is the best and my most favorite eye popping brown! It's great "training wheels" for making a smokey eye! It's got a golden hue to it that makes blue eyes pop! Works well as a liner, when used wet. Use in the creases - the MAC MUA asked me, what color I used on my eyes when I had on Galapagos! So, it's noticeable!

Only down side is that it gets a crumble / powder on top as you use it. It has a very soft consistency.

I wear NARS single eyeshadows as liner on both my upper and lower lids. Galapagos is a deep, warm brown with gold flecks--a good match with my blue eyes and dark brown hair. It's also not too dark and harsh for my very fair skin. NARS shadows are $22 each, which is not bad at all considering they last forever.

This is a great eyeshadow. Galapagos is a rich, medium brown shade with gold glitter flecks. There's enough glitter to really enhance the warm tones in my eyes, as well as light up and brighten them. Pigment quality is strong. This could easily be used as a liner, though it would best work with an actual liner underneath as a base. The glitter fades throughout the day, but pigment is consistent. As cool as NARS packaging is, I just don't like how the rubber attracts dirt and stains. Also, this is a great shadow, but $22 for shadow is too much.

this is my favorite brown e/s...and trust me...i have butt loads of browns. perfect brown smokey eye for day or night. i love the way it blends. i put it on my lids and then smoke it out up towards the brow. i get tons of compliments when i wear it. i dont even notice the glitter.

on 2/12/2009 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the deep brown shadow I have been looking for. It's a deep dark brown with gold shimmer. The texture is super smooth, almost creamy. I use this as a crease color and will be probably be trying a brown smokey eye with this soon. Mulch is more of a bronze and less dark and intense than Galapagos.
edit- the glitter in this is just a bit much for me. I'm taking this back and looking for a more matte brown for everyday wear. This is still good for a night out.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love this eyeshadow! The color is gorgeous, dark, shadowy brown with golden shimmer to lighten up the eyes. Very seductive. I love it and it stays on all night! I'm excited to try other NARS shadows in similar shades.

This is a completely stunning shade that I lusted after and tracked down for a couple of weeks before it finally came back into stock at Blue Mercury. Once I got it, I came home and was a bit perplexed by how to use it. It is highly pigmented and really works best with lighter shades to complement it. My only disappointment was that when I got home and used it, I realized it was almost identical to MAC's Mulch which I already own, but since I love the color so much, I'm keeping it anyway.

on 1/7/2009 6:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I wish I could give an accurate idea of the number of brown shades of shadows I own, it is unbelievable. I frickin love brown e/s, and I buy buy buy them all the time. However, THIS amazing brown is the one I use almost every day. Don't be afraid of the gold glitter in this, it really doesn't show much at all. I know this for a fact because my boyfriend thinks this is beautiful and he's one of those charming engineer types who often says things like 'what is that glittery stuff all over your eyes?' when I wear other shadows high in the glitter sphere. Trust me, if he doesn't notice it, it's not over the top. To sum it up, I have mixed luck with Nars, though I wish all their stuff worked for me, this does and it's my all time favorite!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE this color. It is so easy to blend and so smooth. It's uber pigmented. I think this is the most pigmented shadow I've ever tried. I love the bit of gold flecks throughout this shadow. It's so beautiful. This is by far my most favorite shadow in my entire makeup collection!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Oh Galapagos, how much to I love you?! Went to my MA at NARS naked faced and asked her to make me up. I was not dissappointed! She ended up using all kids of light blues and taupes and just a hint of Galapagos in the crease. It was beautiful. Since bringing this color home I have paired it many ways. I use creme shadow duo Summertime all over lid then apply California all over and Galapagos in the crease to make a beautiful orange/brown look. I have used it with Alhambra Duo and April Fools Duo, all very very beautiful. Its richly pigmented and if you want the gold to show all you need is a little cream shadow laid down first (which I do anyway so this doesn't bother me). I anticipated the arrival of this color, and it turned out to be all that I had wanted it to be. I makes me happy just seeing it in my traincase! I wanted to attach some swipe pictures to compare it next to Cordura and a few other NARS browns. Click Continue to see.. continued >>