NARS Galapagos single

NARS Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

4.5

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

This is quite possibly my favorite crease color ever. I love the fact that even though it has gold flecks and shimmer, it pairs beautifully with warmer and cooler toned colors alike. I have yet to find an eyeshadow combination using Galapagos that I haven't liked. Like all NARS shadows, this color is incredibly pigmented, and although it is expensive, it is completely worth it considering the quality. The packaging is very sturdy... however, my only gripe is the fact that it gets so dirty! I always have to wipe down the outside of all my NARS products because they seem to collect every speck of dirt and makeup dust imaginable (but maybe that's just me being OCD... it's definitely not a dealbreaker)! I first heard about this eyeshadow through watching Michele1218 on youtube... she always has the best crease colors and in almost every video I caught myself admiring her makeup, this was what she was wearing. I totally recommend this eyeshadow! It's a great color to have in your collection, and I can't imagine how anyone could be disappointed with it!

on 5/30/2012 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to love this eye shadow. It is the first NARS eye shadow that I've purchased, and based on my experience it may end up being the only. Galapagos looks beautiful in the pan, but once applied on the lid it loses much of its intensity. It is difficult for me to get the gold glitter to show up and the brown falls flat as well. I have difficulty blending this color.

I would return, but I am still trying to love it. I have been using it as an eyeliner, but even so the color payoff for me is still lacking.

on 4/12/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hate to be one of the only negative reviews. I really wanted to like this e/s. Based on the reviews here I was sure this would be an instant HG. HOWEVER that glitter is killing me. I don't care if it doesn't show up on my lid when I blend it DOES end up all over my face!! I get a ton of fallout when I put this on (unless I use it wet, which I don't like doing) and even when I wipe it off with a face wipe I still see random pieces of glitter on my face throughout the day. I hate that, especially since other people have commented that they see glitter on my face whenever I wear galapagos!! Besides the glitter, galapagos really doesn't go well with my fair cool toned skin. I think this would look much better on warmer ladies. I'm really disappointed this didn't work, but I did find NARS Fez and Mekong which I love!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

YAY! I finally got my Galapagos!!!(singing and dancing). I had this eyeshadow on my list of "must haves" for the longest and I finally got it today. And I am NOT disappointed. I am in love with this shadow it did not disappoint me. It is a deep rich brown with flecks of gold. In the pan the flecks of gold are very prominent but when applied its not super glittery at all. I would've appreciated a little more of the flecks of the gold to show up but in the end it doesn't matter. I am still in love. I am a Nc44 from Mac and this shade looks great ALL over my lids and blended out at the crease, and thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. And this created the prettiest smokey eye.(def my go to summer smokey eye shade). It's not hard to blend at all and very pigmented. I also used "casino" bronzer by Nars and this was the perfect combo. On the flip, it's a bit pricey but I say go for it, it will be really hard to find something that meets the quality of this shadow. I don't know when this will run out but when it does I will def buy again.

on 3/20/2012 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Very richly pigmented light brown with tiny gold sparkles in it. I like to use it for both daytime and nighttime occasions.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I adore this eyeshadow and use it almost daily to smudge into my eyeliner - it has an amazing richness, depth and warmth to it and literally makes my warm green eyes 'glow' - I love, love, love this eyeshadow!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is just the prettiest sexiest brown ever. I wear it alone all over my lids slightly smoked out with dramatic black lashes. My man loves it on me. I love NARS' packaging and will repurchase. I like to choose any makeup item I buy carefully rather then buying everything I see and want. This shadow is probably my favorite thing I've bought this year.

This is my very first NARS eye shadow and I'm happy I chose it. Beautiful shadow with just enough shimmer. I am Polynesian with medium skin tone. This looks gorgeous on the crease and I pair it with MACs Satin Taupe on the lid. I get so many compliments when I wear this. Very easy color to wear.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a basic brown on my skintone. It has shimmer but doesn't show up on me. It's an ok color their are other colors out their for a better value.

on 4/11/2011 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This shadow is not what it appears to be. To me it appears as a dark brown with gold glitter...yes glitter not sheen or shimmer and you would think NARS knows how to do glitter as they do have other shadow with glitter with major fall out but not this one, to me it applies like a matte. I would use it more as a shadow if there was that gold...but then again I'd probably complain about fall out, anyways I mainly use this to line my eyes or in the outer v. I marked as I would not buy this again as I do not use it often and for me it is'nt that easy to pair shadows with.