Maybelline Affinitone

Maybelline Affinitone

3.5

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is an amazingly good foundation. I have combination skin but somehow lately HE foundations just look awful on me and I am guessing it must be my skin because they all actually make my pores more visible.
This foundation does not minimize but does not cakeup around pores either. Coverage is buildable and very very easy to blend (really it makes Lancome Teint Idole Ultra seem worthless in blending easiness).
The color I use 17 Natural Rose is a pinkier version of EL DW Fresco on my face.Somehow it is a bit darker than my skin but it actually matches it well. And it is easily the most uniform finish I got lately from ANY foundation (from Clinique to Chanel).
The matching powder (I use 18 Sand Rose) is very velvety and super soft. However the powder's applicator is joke (I mean - really? :D they could as well not put one at all). Powder finish is matte but not cakey (my Tzone cakes up lately at anything mattifying).
I really think that people w/ oily areas and especially combination skin should try this one, not Dream Mat Mousse (which only makes things worse). It is not too oily (even though it does contain Vitamin E) and it's smooth enough not to cake up around pores and other imperfections.
Also demi-hides the undereye circle... I mean demi...

on 8/2/2010 9:38:00 AM

I bought this because it is fragrance free and I was out of foundation at that moment. The color range is very limited.
The lighter ones (at least here in Belgium) are pinkish so I got number 24 Golden Beige.
It's too dark and I can only away with it during the summer. So I've added it to my Project 10 pan.
The coverage is medium and the foundation looks quite natural. Due to the limited color range and since it's not dirt cheap either, I can get a better foundation for just a little bit more.

on 4/8/2010 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE: don't even bother trying this - there are a lot of much better cheap foundations out now
I didn't like this much...
This foundation is light-to medium cover (buildable), but it doesn't look natural on me. There aren't many colours, so it was kinda hard to find the right shade. I didn't like at all that this foundation glitters, which I didn't notice when i bought it.
I would say this is better for dry skin.

Edit: the fact that it glitters isn't that bad, if I wear a powder over, this doesn't show at all. Still, I would say theres not many shades, and it still is hard to find the right one for me, but still, I rebought. Still doesn't look natural though. And transfers pretty bad.
I think this may work for some people, but I'm not sure if this is the right foundation for summer.

on 2/24/2010 12:53:00 PM

I'm very happy with this foundation and on my 3rd tube already. It blends with my skin nicely and gives a nice clear face without looking too much like a mask. It also stays on pretty well and for the quick fresh up in between, I use the matching compact powder.

There might be better foundations out there, but I found this one to work very nicely for me.

Update: I stopped using this due to the fact that my pores got big when using it, so if you tend to big pores, this isn't your thing. I took one lippie off because of this. However, if you don't tend to big pores, you might really like it - it just wasn't suitable for my skin-type in the long run.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Affinitone surprised me very much, I never expected such quality from a drugstore brand to be honest. My face is oily and acne prone, but I also get dry and flaky spots around my nose. Light formula liquid foundations make my imperfections stand out, and heavily formulated foundations sit like a mask on my face, and the flaky areas look awful. Affinitone is a lightweight formula, easily applied, the color matches wonderfully and my skin doesn't feel coarse. It makes my skin very soft to the touch and covers imperfections perfectly. I apply just a dab of BE foundation or BE mineral veil afterwards and it's just the perfect look. My face looks flawless.

I love it...

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The best drugstore foundation I have ever tried! I bought this because was on sale, and honestly I didn't expect much.. first of all, when I swatched the lightest shade in the back of my hand (Vanilla Rose) I thought "oh no, this is a little bit darker and pinkier than my skin tone", but then I put it on my face and, well, it does what is supposed to do: it kind of adapted to my skin tone!
It applies so nicely and softly. Coverage is not heavy or masky at all, it gives a nice, supple and natural look. Btw, I apply this with a damp sponge immediately after I spray a couple of spritz of Mac's fix + in my face.
I would add though, this foundation may result a little to moist for very oily skins. I have combination/oily and it works fine. I set it with Bobbi Brown's Sheer Loose powder and I blot my t-zone aproximately 4 hours after, which I always do even when my face doesn't look very shiny, just to re-fresh things up.
**EDIT: I took one lippie off, just because even when the color is not that different from my skin tone once applied.. I just can notice is not the right match! I haven't found a lighter shade in this line. Other than that, I really like the formula, but not HG for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is not the worst I've ever tried, but definately not the best. Application is easy, the colour (sand beige) is good, but after a few hours my skin was so oily I looked like I had just splashed water onto my face. The coverage isn't good for anyone who has a lot of red dots and scars. But, I think this is a nice product for dry skin types who don't have a lot to cover up.

very good one for this price. With one layer, you have light coverage and even skin tone. But two layer you have very very good skin and also not seem thin. If you have large pores, i dont recommend to use because they become larger with this one. Except that pore problem, i cant find any minus point. i wist it will be having spf :(

on 8/23/2009 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this in number 14 because it was the lightest tone there because most were sold out and it seemed like a good color. It stays on so well, blends and comes cheap. I am really addicted to it and I don't want any other foundation.