Maybelline New York Affinitone

Maybelline New York Affinitone

3.5

A very liquidish concistancy, which dries up into an matte finish. Easy to blend with (fingers go best) and an medium to high coverage. Does not break out my skin. Overall look is nice. Only thing some may be sensitive is the awful smell or the bottle/tube in which it's very hard to control on how much you want to get out from it (comes in literally a hole which lets out the foundation in large amount, unless you have quick reflexes).

on 7/10/2012 5:09:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

my on the go foundation...
it is a marvelous textured liquid foundation that is perfect for blending with a stippling brush!!
it spreads evenly,no mess-no stress....my colour is Golden, a wonderful medium, yelow based shade that covers perfectly!!
it is definitive a medium cover foundation, very thin in consistency, very comfortable on the skin...it really kinda gives you airbrushed look, velvety skin and the shades are great for my NC 30 skin!!
I adore this drugstore foundation, it lasts for hours on my face, doesnt make my skin oily, and it is dirty cheap...

one of my 5 absoluteHG foundations!!

on 5/23/2012 3:02:00 AM

Even though I don't have a problematic skin, my T zone gets shiny at the end of the day. This is my favourite foundation with a colour matches with my skin very well. It stays dry for a long time, of course not untill forever. Even a small amount makes me feel smooth and light. If you dont have too much problem with your face, I can suggest this product. It is easily removed and doesn't cause acnes if you clean your face well.

on 5/21/2012 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was exited when i found first time not pinky foundation, so I bought even two tubes of this product when it was on sale. What a huge mistake!

Package is horrible, messy and many times product run out of tube.

Color is bad bad if you are pale. I swear, it's orange!

Price is not bad, have seen more expensive crap.

At the end I got rid of this product because it's drying, made me look orange and because of its very runny texture.

Never again!

I bought this foundation before a date, when I was in a rush to cover my skin imperfections with something. I have the lightest colour, Light Porcelain, which is okayish for my pale skin, but still a tad too yellow.
The foundation is really liquid and drips from the tube too easily if you open it. What really disappoints me about it is that it ALWAYS makes my skin get flaky. Always. It looks like a mask on me, and makes my skin look dry, lifeless and flaky, no matter how much moisturiser I apply beforehand. Also, it does a terrible job at covering acne and imperfections.

I should have bought the Affinitone Mineral, that one is definitely a better version (and more expensive).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is in every way an amazing foundation. However I find it difficult to prevent the liquid from coming out of the container since it did not have a proper slot which the liquid could come out. The coverage of this foundation would be light to medium. At first applying this, it looked smooth and matte. However after twenty minutes or so it started to fade a bit into a more light category so I would suggest a powder with it. It was really easy to blend out, but I would suggest to do it quick since it drys really fast. Like any foundations, it lasted a good four hours before you needed to gently wipe out the oil from your skin. I definitely felt that my skin was dehydrated at first so I would most likely recommend this to dry skin without loose skin cells.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation used with the right brush tends to blend well, leaves no patches behind had a sheer coverage and matches my skin tone well. The lasting isn't long but given it's a drugstore thing, I didn't expect wonders either.

The only downside is being prone to oxidation so be wary not to apply it on a moisturizer that tends to intensify your skin pigmentation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Good coverage, never left dry patches on my normal skin (that tends to get oily by the end of the day), leaves a nice matte finish. The price is great and it's a great product, really, but I don't think I'd buy it again because of the horrible packaging - it always leaked.

on 10/14/2011 8:55:00 AM

It has a good coverage. But when I put it on it highlights my dry patches. But further it looks natural. It stays very long, but after a few hours it turns much darker and orange!!! (I have shade 09 opal rose)

on 9/19/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Since they discontinued my favorite drugstore foundation (Bourjois Matt Lovely) I was in need of a new cheap foundation. I came across with Maybelline Affinitone at my local drugstore, at a reasonable cheap price. I picked the lighest shade and I thought it was a bit darker for my skin, but it blended perfectly with my skin tone. Overall, it's a good foundation, it stays all day and looks natural. Sometimes it feels a bit heavy on my skin, so I just mix it with my moisturizer to make it lighter.