MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

I got to try this through the Sephora Beauty Insider program and while I didn't expect to like it (it's a little jar of white powder, so it didn't look terribly fancy), I'm impressed enough to think about purchasing the full sized product for $30 once it's available. I've got very sensitive, finicky skin that's fair and slightly pinkish toned with visible pores on my cheeks and nose that I can't seem to get rid of.

I paid $16 for the trial size of Smashbox's Photo Finish once before, but the product was waaaay too greasy for my skin and didn't give any visible results. For others with similar skin to me, I think High Definition Powder could be a great alternative. I put on a very light layer of my Bare Escentuals Fair foundation, then pressed a tiny bit of the HD powder on top and could definitely see the 'soft focus' effect! And it seemed to stay around for a few hours, too.

Absolutley fantastic powder. Is virtually undetectable and makes skin look smooth and great!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Beautiful powder, goes on soo silky that you don't even feel it, it literaly slips on the face. Leaves a somewhat matte look, but not flat, really a very nice product and worth every penny. It is a white powder in the jar, but goes on super sheer, if your getting a white face, you have picked up too much and/or are using the wrong kind of brush!

If you are looking to make your skin look like a perfect porcelain china doll, then this is it. It hides fine lines and mattifies without accentuating litttle lines. This is not easy to do! This stuff is so fine and smooth it would get lost in your powder brush, so I say don't even bother. Use a puff or your fingers to smooth it over your face-instantly evens out little bumps, makes your skn look perfect. It is very white, so for some it will give a white cast if you use too much. They should offer a tinted one for darker skinned ladies. But as for quality, this has it all. I think you will be very happy that you spent your money on this. I have 3 samples from my sephora purchases and when they are gone, I will be saving up for more. I will not be without this. It will be money well spent. can't say enough good things about this!

I got this product as a sample from Sephora. I thought, what the hey, I've been thinking about getting the invisible powder from MAC, why not try this one out since it's white, too. BOY, when I tried this out, it made my NC30 skin look CHALKY. I didn't really notice until I walked by a mirror and did a double take. It made my face look like a ghost. This product isn't for me, but luckily I got it as a sample.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love, love, love this powder. It is absolutely the finest milled powder I have ever tried, and puts every other powder to shame. I think the only one that comes close is Chanel Cristalline powder.

The powder only comes in 1 shade. It looks stark white in the jar, but is completely invisible on the skin. The finish is matte, but not overly so. And it gives a very silky, almost slippery feel to the skin.

Price is a bit high, 25 (about $36) for 10g. But I suspect the price will be lower in the U.S. once it becomes available because all h/e makeup are cheaper in U.S. continued >>