MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.4

100 silica

This is my HG powder. It really makes any face, with or without foundation, become almost flawless looking. It takes away shine without looking dry or making your face look 2 dimensional. I received a sample of it from Sephora and bought a full sized product after a few weeks of use. I rarely end up buying products I receive samples of. Now I need to get a powder dispensing face brush for carrying in my purse.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Wow! Wowwowwow. I received a half-container of this in a swap (thanks, Sylvia!). I thought it would be a perfect way to try it since I didn't believe all the hype. I do now. If you're of a certain age, this really makes a difference in the appearance of your skin. It truly does help hide wrinkles and dark spots and anything elseyou don't want on display. I'd imagine this can look chalky fast if you apply too much, but it's perfect if applied *very* lightly with a big, fluffy brush. I use it over my grail GA FF. My only complaint is that it's a very dry powder, and my skin is dry, but I use so little it doesn't seem to be a problem. If you're young and have pretty good skin save your money, but if you're older and have a few things you don't want to advertise, get this powder--you won't regret it!

Update 1/26/09: although I love the effect of this powder, it's too drying for my already-dry skin and I've swapped it away.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This powder has become my new HG. I have very pale, cool-toned skin and have a problem with powders being too yellow or dark for me. Plus, I'm no spring chicken anymore and absolutely DO NOT want a powdery finish to my face.

MUFE HD Loose Powder wins on all counts. It blends in perfectly with my foundation (MUFE HD Liquid, 110) doesn't turn yellow or cake.

Yes, it's expensive, but so little goes such a long way that a jar really ought to last you several months. If you are looking cakey or ghostly with this stuff, you may be using too much. I work a *tiny* amount - about the size of a split pea - into my kabuki brush and that does it for my whole face. Use a big brush and apply with a light hand. You will look lovely and the jar will last and last.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm really borderline on this. It was an impulse buy before a party.

Pros:
Super fine. Doesn't turn cakey or ashey. Made foundation more matte (pro and con).

Cons:
I actually bought pure silica powder for about $2 - same amount.

I use SKII or Armani fluid so my skin didn't benefit from the "airbrushing" - sometimes it turned "dewey" into "flat".
Main reason I decided to keep this is the jar. Not the greatest packaging, but my $2 silica powder is in a ziploc bag. continued >>

I got on the HD bandwagon and drove 50 miles to my Sephora to purchase this powder. I HATE it. I am fair and this powder shows up white on me. It made my face look ghostly. I will drive the 50 miles back to return it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OHHHH MY GOODNESS!!!! Where has this stuff been all my life? I'm honestly in a state of absolute shock! This is the most amazing, loveliest face powder of all time.....

I walked into Sephora looking for Hourglass finishing powder. I started using it recently after having received a generous sample of it, and I really like it. My Sephora didn't have it, and the sales clerk introduced me to this. She told me they can't keep it in stock and I can see why.

I loved it the moment I tried it, but all too often, I adore something in the store, take it home, and well..... Not this time. Everytime I use this, I marvel at how gorgeous my skin looks and feels. In fact, more often than not, I don't use any foundation at all - just a very thin layer of Monistat Chafing Powder Gel and a dusting of this. My skin looks great in the morning and just as great at dinner time and THAT has been the case through the hellish month of August.

Some mua'ers commented that at $30, this is a pricey item. I don't think so. In fact, I'd happily pay twice that price. HAPPILY !

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm still trying to work with this powder. I so want to like it. I have pretty oily skin so when i use a light hand with this powder i find that it really doesn't control the shine very well. I usually have to touch up my face within a couple of hours. Now I've used other powders that have kept the shine away much better. If I go a little heavier it makes me look ghostly and i'm pretty fair as it is. I'm exploring other makeup reviewers looking for some good tips on the best way to apply this. I'll keep trying but if i can't get it to work the way i want it to i'll have to keep looking for a good loose powder. I definitely will not be repurchasing. For the price that it is it should be working miracles but so far i'm not all that impressed.

I had high hopes for this product, but let me tell you, if you have any fine lines on your face it will really make them stand out. It also dulls your complexion. I really don't like this at all. What a disapointment. I think the only people that can use this is someone who has a flawless complexion and wants a very matte effect on their face.

I use this almost every day as a finishing powder over my MUFE #20 or other FOTD. Love it, even if it gives me silicosis (note to undertaker- please use this on my corpse). Adds no color, leaves a soft, smooth finish- no cakey, powdery look to accentuate my lines, even under my eyes. I use a black powder brush so that I do not apply too much. Brilliant product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Who would have thought air-jet mill sand can be this good !!!
My skin is dry, and using the Derm's prescription liquid nightly for melasma further dries my skin out. My skin tone is NC 30-35, now is more like a 32, but by August it may be like 37 or so.
Since this powder is 100% silica, without silicone, nor moisturizing agent like hyaluronic acid and such, it simply makes my skin look flaky, even with moisturiser underneath. Secondly, because of my skin tone & its dryness, the powder looks like a hazy shade of chalky whitish look on it, at least for 30 minutes or so until the skin's moisture assimilate with the powder, not good.
I am giving it 3 lippies b/c that's what this product is worth to me, which does not mean this is a bad product, not at all.
This powder offers a totally matte look, which is appealing for oily, younger skin (which I once had and I can identified with) or someone living in a humid environment. But for older skin, hmmmm,... proceed with caution.
Good thing I can take it back to Sephora.