MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.8

100 silica

Whenever I set my makeup with this powder, my boyfriend notices my skin looks better.. more airbrushed. It's a super lightweight translucent powder and doesn't make me feel cakey. I especially like to set my under eye concealer with this. The packaging feels a little cheap though.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Okay, so I wrote another review on this product on the other item that is this( the same thing is listed twice), but I decided to delete that one completely. When I first got it, the SA told me to use a brush and it completely displaced my makeup and made me dry, etc. It was terrible and I gave it a low rating. Two very nice people saw my review and sent me messages telling me to use a powder puff instead. I waited a couple of days before trying it out again, and I LOVE IT. I went to Sephora and literally talked to about 3 different SA's because they were all telling me to use a brush, and it just doesn't work with a brush for me, sorry. No matter whether I swirl it, tap it, stipple it, whatever. But I purchased the Laura Mercier powder puff and used it over my Bare Minerals foundation and OMG it looked great without drying or displacing my makeup! I was shocked! I voted it a 3 price wise, because I bought the travel version for like $15 (along with the puff for $12) and I honestly don't think that's bad. That's how much a lot of drugstore brand stuff costs, so I really don't think it's a big deal. For everyone who tried it and find it drying or that is doesn't do much, try using a powder puff.

I don`t like this powder at all, its too fine and gets all over the place and I don`t think it does much of anything at all, I get much better results with drug store powders that are a quarter of the price.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is horrible! Oh my gosh! It may be okay if you will be outdoors and not taking any pictures because the white cast you get around your face with the flash is horrendous!!! I am not over exaggerating!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I heard great things about this product so when I saw a travel size, I picked it up from sephora. Overall, it's alright. Its a finely milled, transparent powder. I use this to set my under eye concealers with a Mac 224 brush. It does a good job with helping my concealer stay put without look too cakey or making it crease. This product will def last me awhile. I would purchase this if I do run out.

This is just okay, really nothing special. My skin isn't oily to begin with, so maybe this would work better for people with oily skin. I put a tiny amount of this over my liquid foundation & it did mattify my face. This was also very light weight & made my face feel smooth. This didn't settle into lines or pores, didn't really change the color of my foundation (but this will leave a white cast if you use too much), didn't cause any breakouts (best part of this), & this lasted all day for me. I did feel that this did make my foundation look a little cakey at one point. I also felt that it made my makeup look kind of dull, I kind of like a little dewyness because it looks more natural & gives a nice glow (which this product did not). This made my foundation look like it was heavy, without it really being heavy (if that makes sense). This does accentuate on dry spots on your face, so I do not reccommend this for winter. This may work well in the summer though, so I'm going to try using this again in the summer when it gets really hot. As another reviewer mentioned, I also tried using this as a primer before putting on my foundation. I actually think it worked better as a primer rather than applying this directly on top of your foundation. It still controlled oil, made my face smooth, didn't leave a white cast, & didn't look cakey. The original way of applying this, made my makeup look cakey. So, if you tried this & didn't like it over your foundation, I would highly suggest trying it as a primer before you put on your foundation. The packaging is the worst part about this product. It's terrible. For how expensive this stuff is, I would expect the packaging to be not as cheapily made as this is. This is the messiest makeup product I've ever encountered. You definitely can't use this if you're in a rush. As soon as you twist the lid on the jar, this stuff gets EVERYWHERE. It took me longer to clean this up than to do my makeup, & that's ridiculous. Overall, To me this is overpriced for what it is. I will not buy this again, there are better & cheaper options out there. This also did not give me that "WOW" factor. I'm so happy I got the smaller size of this for $10, since I get a discount at Sephora. I would never pay $30 for this. I'll stick with my Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer. For the record, this DOES control oil, but it leaves your face looking dull.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I think I will use this for a rest of my life. I bought this along with the hd foundation and primer but too be honest, the foundation and primer arent the best. I would definitely pair with with whatever future foundation i might use foreverr!! This made my skin look flawless and the makeup stays on all day!

MY SKIN: Normal to oily, medium-dark skin, yellow undertones

PACKAGING: Loose powder in a screw top jar with a sifter. Packaging is sturdy and heavy weighted. The screw top doesn't allow the product to spill out - great or travel.

HOW I APPLY: Sephora HD foundation brush (which I do frequently use as a powder brush). I use this over Revlon Colorstay. I tap very lightly into the sifter and swirl it into the cap to distribute it evenly on the brush. I then brush lightly to my T-zone.

THE FINISH: Since this is marketed as "HD", there are a few finishes I have observed:
1) Natural light: Very matte finish, does not settle into fine lines. Give a lovely, smooth appearance. This will not, however, replace a highlight. You will need to blush, highlight, and countour to get a truly "finished" face. Otherwise your face will look almost too matte/flat and dead.
2) On camera without flash: Still maintains airbrush finish.
3) On camera, close up, with harsh flash: HELLO WHITE CAST! Here is where you see the ghost-like appearance that has been a frequent complaint. My face had a distinct white sheen that is evident compared to my neck color. Keep in mind this is only very close up and in BRIGHT flash.

WEAR THROUGHOUT THE DAY: Wears well and controls oil. However, I am not extremely oily, so I don't know how it would really hold up in that situation.

OVERALL: In person and in natural light, it's a wonderful product, but in harsh flash, it's horrendous. I would not recommend this at all for a wedding or any occasion with many pictures. I like it enough to use up the rest of it, but I don't think I will repurchase (considering the hefty price tag, although note that you do get a ton of product). I am positive there must be a finishing powder out there somewhere that will look good both in person and in pictures.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

When I first used this I was pretty frustrated that I blew so much money on something that looked so cheap and powdery. But then I was due for a new kabuki so I got the Make Up Forever brush that you're supposed to use with the powder (it was two bucks cheaper that the other brush I was eyeing at Sephora and I like that it's small and travel friendly) and it worked! It's all in the brush!!

I hate that it's so expensive, I still feel a bit ashamed that I spent so much money on it... but I probably will re-purchase when I eventually run out (I'm pretty sure this is going to last me a very long time).

It can be a bit messy (it's loose powder!) but because it's white so it's not REALLY a problem. It doesn't make a mess I just feel like I'm wasting product.

I think it does what it's supposed to do. It doesn't look powdery but it helps control the shine. It's good stuff.