MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.8

100 silica

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I LOVE this powder. I stopped buying $40 foundation because this stuff makes drugstore foundation look pretty much the same. On a good day, it can make my skin look airbrushed, on a regular day it makes everything much more even then just my old standby - liquid foundation + bareminerals.

The only con that I have found with this is that it can make your face look ghostly in pictures if it is applied heavily or if pictures are taken immediately after applying...I have never noticed it in real life though.

I will use this stuff forever!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this product. Have used it a couple of times and am not terribly wowed. I think I fell in love with the idea more than the fact that I don't really need this product in my life! I have no trouble in keeping mattifying my make up as I have no problem with oily skin. I do absolutely love the texture - super fine, super beautiful finish. However, it's not a must-have for me.

I'm glad I got the sample size. It's great setting powder but in my experience I don't like the 'white-cast' result in a flash photo.
This is also very light weight & made my face feel smooth. This didn't really change the color of my foundation. I use it over my Mufe hd foundation. It does not make me look cakey. My skin is dry combo and I have to admit that this only kept me matte for like about 3 hours before the oil started to shine through.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I bought this product in November 2011 and I still have half of the product left! Do not fright and think that the white powder would be appear white when you apply it onto your face. IT DOES NOT! This powder disappears onto your skin as you apply. A little goes a long way! If you are like me who loves to put much of this onto ur face because you simply love the smooth, velvety texture, it does NOT make your face cakey! I live in a hot and humid country, I have very oily/sensitive skin type and I use this almost everyday with or without my foundation. It is quite cumbersome to use this, as it gets messy sometimes! I don't bring this out as it's quite inconvenient.
When my skin does not have any major breakouts, I'd apply Clinique's super city sunblock and set it with the loose powder so as to reduce the shine. It helps to reduce the shine on my T-zone (nose and forehead area) for about 2 hours despite living in a country with hot and humid climate. The sunblock also played apart in helping to prevent more oils from surfacing.
However, if I use the powder with my MYFE foundation (Shade #125), the powder only helped to prevent oil from surfacing on my T-zone areas for about 1 hour. Then I've to use kitchen towels to blot my face.
This is just an okay product for me not buy this product again. It is kinda pricey around $56? SGD. All makeups are right?! I'll probably try Chanel's Poudre Universal Libre.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a silica powder, which is super duper duuuuper fine. It's perfect for layering because the powder is so fine, it doesn't sit on top of where you have already applied it and it blends beautifully. I wouldn't recommend this is you are looking for a finishing powder to add more coverage - which is what I usually like to do. But if your foundation covers up enough I would definitely suggest this, because it gives your skin a very natural like finish, really blurs any pores or lines, and really doesn't look powdery at all. I have problematic skin here and there, so I like my full coverage. Even with my liquid foundation and my concealer, I like to add coverage with my powder. When I need more coverage I just use my Milani Multitasking Powder on the blemishes or areas that need it, and then I use the HD Powder everywhere else. This powder is so fine that I can use it over my Milani Powder without making it obvious. My only issue is that it doesn't stay put or matte throughout the day, but other then that, this is a really good translucent powder. This is pricey, but I have the travel size and honestly I can see this lasting a good 3-6 months at least. There is so much powder in there and a little goes a long way for this stuff, so you get good bang for your buck.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this only a week ago and I am already in love. This summer has turned my usually dryer skin into a shiny mess. I hate having to reapply powder, or blot. I just want to be able to put my makeup on in the morning and now worry about it. This powder allows me to do that. It makes my skin look and feel silky smooth, and never cakey. It controls keeps me matte but has a natural finish. It is also great for setting my undereye concealer (which usually creases on me, but not anymore!) My only gripe is the packaging, loose powders will always be a bit harder to work with, I just wish the sifter had a closing mechanism (kind of like the laura mercier mineral powder) so that I can control how much comes out and not be afraid every time I open the lid.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

MUFE HD powder is the emperor's new clothes. Or maybe everyone else is seeing something I'm not. This is a waste of money and over-hyped. And I mean overhyped as in Nars Orgasm-UD Naked Palette-Mac Studio Fix-Shu Uemura Lash Curler type of overhyped. I know it's silica, but it looks and feels more like the baking soda I have keeping my fridge fresh. I don't know how people are using this effectively without getting a white cast to their face. If I use it sparingly, as suggested, then it just doesn't help. This isn't finely milled enough to diffuse lines or make a soft focus appearance (BE Mineral Veil is better at that, I don't even like BE). To me, it goes on more like a weaker mattifying powder. And I don't want a mattifying powder as my setting powder. What a waste of money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It's so-so. I used to use silica powders every day (went through a jar of Coastal Scents silica) and it seemed great at the time. Better than pure talc, cornstarch, French pharmacie brand powders, ... but now it's just not doing anything for me. I bought the MUFE HD loose powder again after deciding to cut out all aluminium from daily use. After a couple months of using Ben Nye's Neutral Set, which works phenomenally but contains aluminium, the HD powder felt intensely itchy, worsening over time, didn't do anything to hold back oil or sweat after 5 minutes, and didn't hold my concealer in place. To make matters worse, it's also a little over $30CAD. This is getting a 3 from me because at least it's not cakey, doesn't form white patches, and doesn't get that powder-keg look.

This is one of the best powders I've ever used, it gives me exactly what I want, not much coverage, but a flawless and somewhat Matt finish, lovely product

I have had this for a while and it still is very fulll. I honestly dont understand this product, like i am not a makeup guru AT ALL and I bough this because of the reviews. I still use it and I think its for when you take photos and it makes your face look more flawless, but I wouldn't say this is an essential product to have. I dunno, there is a dupe of this ELF HD powder that looks the exact same and is only 3 bucks!!!