MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.8

100 silica

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this, and while I do like it I can't fairly say that it deserves all the hype. It's a very soft and smooth powder with a very silky finish. I have dry skin and if you use small amounts it really shouldn't dry you out. The only problem I have with this is that I have a tan/olive complexion and I've noticed that it gives my face a white halo making my face look slightly lighter than the rest of my body. If you have lighter skin I suggest this, if not then maybe not. It is pricey but a little goes a long way, I bought the big one and I have so much I don't even know what to do with it.

It's not a bad powder but the only thing is, I find that it dries out parts of my skin when I put it on. I've tried the BareEscentuals version of this and that one didn't do that, so I'm probably going to switch back after I finish this tub.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this product. I bought it on a whim, after hearing how flawless it made peoples' faces look, but then instantly regretted it reading the problems that so many people seem to have wearing it for flash photography.

However, I absolutely adore this product. It makes my face appear so flawless, and I've used translucent powders before, but with this I only have to touch up my t-zone, maybe once throughout the entire day. My makeup stays put for hours, and I have oily skin, so that is inane and amazing to me, since I've never had anything do this, even with primers and other powders. I don't know if it will hold up as well in the summer when my skin gets even more oily, but for now it is doing wonders. And, to add, I have NEVER had an issue with flash photography while wearing this. I use a powder foundation, and what I do is mix in a little of the HD powder into my cheap Avon foundation before I apply it on my face. I still get the amazing results, and it blends together really well - and I have taken multiple pictures with this on, and it still looks great. I used to use Palladio's rice powder, and it left a ghostly cast and led to an extremely embarrassing moment when I had my picture put in the paper, and it also didn't really help my oily skin. But this never looks flaky or caked on as long as I don't neglect on exfoliating once in a while, which I do anyway. A little goes a long way, so I know it will last a while, therefore the price doesn't really bother me. I never thought I would be the type of person to get compliments on my skin, but I have people telling me how soft and clear my face looks all the time. A+

I honestly don't think I've ever been this impressed by a product in years. So glad I purchased it. Will continue to buy every time it runs out.

My mom bought me this on my birthday a few years ago and I love it. It makes my face feel super smooth and eliminates any shine around my t zone. It does sort of make my face look pale white and its sort of expensive. But I really love this stuff :)

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Not a fan, too much money for what it does and is way too light even on my fair MAC N4 skin. Forget taking a picture with this on as you'll literally look like a white sheet and it is very drying on the skin, showing up any flake. My cheap palladio rice powder works 10x better than this product.

This gives me cystic acne! I have oily, acne prone skin and I've just started wearing foundation. I use the Hourglass mineral veil primer and Urban Decay Naked skin foundation. These products do make me break out over a period of time but not like this powder! It does set my foundation and makes it last longer. But after a couple of hours, I find that I get more oily when wearing this. I stopped using this but used it once the other day and it gave me this painful pimple. I knew it was this because it was the only thing I changed.

It may work for some but it breaks me out!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I saved up my pennies to buy this because it's really hyped up. It blends my makeup LIKE A DREAM, but I don't see a difference in the staying power of my makeup unfortunately :(

Ohhhhh man I love this stuff! I have the HD foundation (also a HG for me) but this really helps it stick all day long. I took other reviewers' advice and apply a little bit before my foundation, then set it again. I work long days, and this keeps my makeup in place for 14 hours! I have a really shiny forehead (especially at the end of a long day) and this also keeps that in check so I'm just a bit glowy, but nothing outrageous. It IS quite pricey, but you also use so little that I think its fine. My HD foundation, for instance, is pricey too but I buy it once every 8 months, so not a big issue.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

hate it, i got this as a gift and ended up giving it away. it decreased my concealer coverage, it is too white on foundation ( i don't know if I'm using it wrong), it DOES NOT blend well, and it causes flashback from flash photography. A lot of people are obsessed with it. so maybe you can ask for a sample before committing to a purchasing a full size product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this. I have really oily skin and use this to set my makeup and retouch during the day. It doesn't change the color of my makeup or look dry and cakey like many powders do. Bit expensive but it lasts a while and IMO is worth it. I wish the powder sifter was one of those ones that could be shut when it is closed so if I am travelling with it, it doesn't make a big mess when I open the lid.