Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.8

100 silica

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really like this powder. It doesn't make me totally matte- just very airbrushed and even looking. It isn't sparkly so it doesn't give a "glowy" mineral makeup look, which I like. It's 100% silica- no talc or cornstarch. It didn't control my oil well, but I do have oily skin and wore it over a stick cream foundation, so it might just be my skin/makeup. A little goes a long way and the jar is big so it's worth the money. I finally found a good finishing powder that's free of shimmer, talc, cornstarch, and bismuth oxychloride!

I spent so much money at sephora that I earned enough points for a "free gift". *snorts* anyway, I chose this because its MUFE, right? Anyway, the cashier said is was a translucent powder.... not further explanation. I get home and tool around with it, anyway, I had just used Sephora's self-tanning mist about an hour earlier and my face looked and felt a tad greasy, so I applied this to my face and immediately it made my skin feel smooth, not at all sticky or greasy.
****
I'm guessing this is basically glorified baby powder, which I've never purchased. But this has NO baby powder smell to it! No smell at all really, which I love because I don't want my makeup to dictate how I smell.
****
Anyway, I'm not usually oily, but I live in the desert and I will be sweating everytime I get in my car this summer, I'm carrying this in my purse for sure.
****
I'll update if something horrible happens... but so far its great. Thank god for free sephora loot.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The most amazing loose powder I have ever used, andd I have used many! From Nars (which is my 2nd favorite) to YSL, this is unlike any other. The texture is pure silk. It gives a natural soft focus look to your skin, just like they advertise it. I've never quite seen anything like it. I use the MUFE Mat Velvet Plus foundation with this, and people compliment my skin every day. Definitely my HG.

I just picked this up today as a gift with my purchase from Sephora. It looks deceving because of it's white pigment, but it goes on very sheer. You have to use this sparingly or it could make you look ashy. The MA at the store emphasized that a little goes a long way. She was dead on. This little sample could last me weeks. I definitely will be buying a jar when I run out of this.

I got this product as a sample from Sephora. I thought, what the hey, I've been thinking about getting the invisible powder from MAC, why not try this one out since it's white, too. BOY, when I tried this out, it made my NC30 skin look CHALKY. I didn't really notice until I walked by a mirror and did a double take. It made my face look like a ghost. This product isn't for me, but luckily I got it as a sample.