MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.8

100 silica

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used NYX and ELF before I bought this product, so I can share the similarities and differences between these powders. All three products are finely milled silica, which is known to cause that ghostly appearance in flash photography. And believe me, all three do cause the washed out look with the MUFE looking less offensive than the other two because the particles are much smaller and less dense. That being said, MUFE is probably the better of the three to be caught in with flash photography if used sparingly. It's meant to be lightly dusted and it really does a great job mattifying oily skin with a small amount of powder. I use the large powder brush and gently dab it on my T-zone. Like all loose powders, this is messy to work with and shouldn't be moved around with too much. Although I think the packaging of MUFE makes it a little more travel friendly compared to NYX due to the better designed cap that prevents most of the powder from spilling. I choose to peel the paper slightly because it helps from over spilling. Instead I tap the top of the paper and some powder is dispensed for me to swirl the brush in. I would repurchase this powder again as it doesn't look cakey on me and it keeps my oily skin look matte.

Pros:
- lightweight matte powder
- suits most skin tones
- blends and blurs skin imperfections on camera (film)
- innovative packaging that dispenses product well
- velvet soft finish on skin
- little goes a long way
- sets under eye makeup beautifully (use very sparingly)

Cons:
- not good for makeup novices
- easy to use too much powder
- causes flash back if used excessively in one area or all over
- quite messy to work with
- pricy

Loved it when I first used it because your skin literally glides after using it to set your foundation. I was actually sold when I tested it on my hand in Sephora. I was shocked (yes, shocked) at how velvety smooth my skin felt. However, I do find that it can make your makeup look thicker and cakier than it already is, especially if you are using a heavier foundation so my advice is to use it sparingly with a kabuki brush.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

The MUFE powder was pushed on me by some of the girls at Sephora who swore by it when I went in looking for a loose powder. They all said it was the best one they've ever used and I tried so, so hard to love it but there was just something about it that I generally hated. I didn't realise what it was until I finally ran out and got a different brand, but the texture did not agree with me for some reason.It also made me look pale, the sick looking kind of pale because I'm very fair naturally. No matter how lightly I applied it, this stuff made my face look like a ghost and on top of that it made my makeup so cakey! I'm not sure if I just got a dud, but I'm not willing to repurchase and find out.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Never blends/goes away no matter how much you blend and buff and even with the smallest amount used. It always left dust on my face that just gets pushes around when I try to sweep it over your face. Also it smells like cat litter! No joke. I have to hold my breathe and fan it away with my hands every time I use it. The only pro about it is that the texture is silky smooth.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just FYI, I have the travel size. I LOVE this HD powder. It makes my skin flawless, oil free for however long I need it (and trust me, I put on make up as early as 6:30am and take it off as late as 10pm) However, I don't like how a brush cannot fit into the travel size one so it's hard to swirl around. It does have a scent that I don't really enjoy - but it goes away after you dust it onto your face so I can live with it. Love this.

Im not sure about the packacing because how tight I close it, its always a mess when I open and that makes me sad but definitely a useful and a making me wonderful product. I set my makeup and especially concealer with this powder and it never looks wrong.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My go to powder, totally worth the price because the product will last your forever

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This stuff is MAGIC. Sets my makeup nicely and keeps my face looking fresh all day, no matter how oily or sweaty I feel! I used it for the first time in the middle of a summer convention, when I usually have to blot the crap out of my face, but this stopped me from looking oily and gross! The only thing I find is the packaging makes it hard to use in moderation, I always end up with too much on my brush.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great. Kinda expensive, but the fine-milled silica does make a difference. I never thought to write a review because this is such a staple. I use it to set sunscreen and foundation so my face isn't oily, or to dust my t-zone when it's not cooperating and is an oil slick. Kinda blurs out imperfections but in a very soft-touch, forgiving way. No, your makeup won't look photoshopped, but your skin will look nicer overall. I don't take pictures with flash so I don't know if the whole ghost face thing is true! :P

Oh, and I've had this for like, 2 years and am just getting down to the last bit. Good value!

Before I begin with my review, let me just list the pros and cons of this product

Pros:
-versatile (I'll explain this down a little moreE)
-not cakey looking at all!
-does make skin look smoother and more poreless
-doesn't break me out
-improved container (there's a little stub on the top now that makes the powder less likely to fall everywhere when you open it)

Cons:
-price (damn, like 40 dollars a jar)
-highlights flakey/dry skin
-messy

I really REALLY like this product because it absorbs oil really well and does make my skin look a lot smoother. Not only that, but it's versatile. By versatility I mean, I put it under my eyes and dab a little bit on my mascara so it doesn't give me that panda rim LOL (I'm quite oil at times). It also works really well on lips if you want a matte lip but don't have a matte lipstick!

That being said, this powder DOES highlight flakey skin. Make sure you exfoliate everyday if using this. Despite that improved packaging, it's still very messy to use. As soon as I open/close the jar, tons of powder fall everywhere (perhaps it's inevitable?).

Overall, I do like this product a lot and would buy it again. The price, however, hurts me and my wallet deeply.

Thanks for reading! (: