MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.8

100 silica

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Every time I would go into Sephora I would ask " what's the best setting powder for SUPER oily skin" and without fail, each person would recommend this and without fail I would buy something else....

So I finally was over all these products that claimed to control oil ( mac's blot powder drove me to this product) and bought the small $15 dollar size.

I'm looking in the mirror right now and I have a face that is free of an oily mess! WOOT WOOT! I put my mu on at 6:30am and it is now almost 11:30, so this is a good sign!

I do blot once in the afternoon but it's totally worth it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the test size jar of this from Sephora so I could try it with my HD MUFE foundation. I really didn't notice a huge difference between this finishing powder and any other powder I use over the top of liquid foundation. I have pretty oily skin and this really didn't provide a superior finish to BareMineral Mineral Veil, or my MAC powder. I also really dislike the packaging of the sample product, it is so small that it makes it impossible to get any powder brush into the lid to swirl around the powder.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this mini sample version from Sephora for the 100 point perk reward. This product may look white in the container but it is a translucent powder. The texture is great since the powder is finely milled and soft. This keeps my face matte all day and night and gives me an airbrushed effect. What's great about this product is that you only need a little bit to give you a flawless look! Make sure not to apply to much otherwise your face may appear white and chalky.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I use this all the time to set my makeup. It's a nice translucent powder that is very finely milled; you can apply layers and not look chalky.

pros
- finish; It makes my pores smaller and helps give that Airbrush look

cons
- in flash photos you will look chalky (if you apply a lot)

I'm still on my jar of this stuff, it lasts a long time. Although I use it sparingly. You don't need a whole lot.

The finest powder ever!!!!!!

After putting on foundation,i will use very very very little to set my make up. The results are:

my face will feel so so smooth
no shine at all (really nothing shiny)
natural looking

I totally love it!!! The powder is kind of expensive SGD 55 for 10grams.
But you will only need a very very very very little amount (to avoid the white cast). Hence, i feel that it will last pretty long.

Will repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was previously using MAC Blot which, although a lot tend to rave about, I've never been that fond of. This HD powder cost more than I would usually consider spending on powder but is well worth it and will last me years and years. I use it to set my MUFE face & body foundation and it does so beautifully...leaves a soft matte finish without looking cakey or altering the colour of my foundation. It doesn't leave a white cast either. I use a tiny amount with my MAC 187 brush and dab it on across my face. It's best to dab rather than swirl or swipe across your face as it will control oil better this way. My foundation lasts for hours without getting dewy or oily with this powder. Best of all it has only 1 ingredient which is good for my sensitive skin. BTW the packaging is awful, so messy and wastes a lot of product. Just prick holes with a needle rather than ripping half the sticky plastic bit covering the holes like I did...

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Expensive, horrible package ( spoiled a lot of powder ), can give a white sheen if used to much. Does makeup last longer tough.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this almost everyday. I either use puff if my skin is oily or brush if its dry. Doesn't break me out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This does what it is supposed to and helps my makeup last longer, mattifies my skin, and gives a slightly soft focus effect to my makeup... and you only need a tiny bit on a big fluffy brush to give that effect. Why did I give it a 3 and why did I click "will not repurchase"? The name "HD" connotes that it will look fabulous in photos but it gives me the craziest white cast in flash photography.. i've tried using less and less but it makes me look like a ghost! I need a product that will make me look great in photos and this has failed me utterly in that regard therefore will not be repurchasing.

i was disappointed in this product.. it does what it says it made.. i really liked how it felt on my face it made my face feel soft and smooth, the powder is really light as if you didnt put it on.. the packaging is meh : / even a little tilt made A LOT of powder spill and it turns messy & this powder makes you look like a ghost in pictures (with flash) other then that its an okay product.. i stopped using it after a few times (approx. 5 times) - it got messy & it made me look like a ghost