MAKE UP FOR EVER HD High Definition Foundation

MAKE UP FOR EVER HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sucrose Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Proplene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyercin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Tocopherol [ /- CI 19140 (Yellow, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide)].

on 5/20/2015 11:16:00 PM

I get why this could be a good foundation for some people but if you need coverage this isn't good. If you need light coverage to none you may like this but for me it covers nothing I have acne scars and it's not like it's hard to cover because I use to always wear a cheap cover girl foundation, this product just has no coverage and it sucks for dry skin clings to everything . I also got matched for a bad color I think otherwise the foundation is very yellow .

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really found this just ok. it applies very watery. it was .light but coverage. its annoying because i have no idea what shade i bought because theres no indication on the bottle. the one i got was verrry orange though. it was nice and lightweight though.

Edit: I realise that at the bottom of the bottle it says N123. so i think I got this in the shade desert.

First of all, I'd like to say that I love foundation - especially "medium" to high-end ones. I have oily skin with a dry forehead and had high hopes for this foundation.

Pros:
Packaging/ w/ a pump.
It is very matte.
Doesn't take a lot of product for good coverage.

Cons:
YES, it might be very matte however it is not oil resistant nor does it stay in place (even in combination with their Finishing Powder!). It literally slid off my face after about 3 hours.
It feels cakey and thick.
It looks cakey and thick.
It broke me out despite it being "non-comedogenic".
It deoxidises and turned my pink based shade into an orange one.
The product highlighted my dry patches and made them significantly worse.

on 5/18/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is a natural finish and sits well on my dry skin, not clinging to patches or anything. It genuinely looks like my skin.

Good option for natural looking, light-medium coverage.

For color help, my shade in MUFE HD Foundation is Sand, N125, and I'm NW25 in MAC Pro Longwear.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this foundation although it is very pricey! I think you would be better off spending your money on a better foundation like Estee Lauder Double Wear. I have oily skin and I find that this gives me medium coverage and lasts throughout the day. I find that it is not too dewy nor too matte. I have very acne prone skin and this did not break me out. It is a good foundation but not necessarily one that you need in your collection.

on 5/14/2015 2:39:00 PM

I am an NC15/20 olive. Fair with strong yellow undertones and olive properties. Neutral.

This is the only match in any foundation that I've tried. I would repurchase on that basis of that alone.

Performance-wise, it's average. Nothing stays on my skin at all, and it does outlast a number of other foundations I've tried. So I give it a 3/5 for longevity, but I've never used a foundation that I've given anything higher to. So it's about as good as it gets for me anyway. Coverage is good, one pump does my whole face.

I like the dewy finish, despite generally being a matte girl. When it starts wearing off, I just look dewier and dewier until I blot, as opposed to everything separating and suddenly turning into an oil slick like many other foundations have for me. I apply it with a Real Techniques Angled Foundation brush and get a good finish, but I think a Beauty Blender might perform a bit better.

The reason this gets tipped into 5 lippies for me is for how well it photographs. A smooth, airbrush-like finish, with enough natural dewiness to NOT look oily, and to not look matte and cakey. It looks amazing in photographs, and I'm really impressed with it.

I wear it over MAC's matte gel. With that primer, I get almost twice as much wear before blotting as any other combination I've tried. Will happily repurchase.

on 5/13/2015 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wore this foundation for about a month in a dry climate during the winter. I have dry skin with some sensitivities, and this is one of the few foundations that does not contain the ingredient that ticks my skin off, so I had high hopes!

...that were promptly demolished.

Shade 117 was a decent match for my skin, but within a few hours of wearing it, I noticed it would begin to get a wee bit worse for wear. And eventually, full on grease. This was after experimenting with application methods: fingers only, primer (Laura Mercier Hydrating), no primer, brush, Beautyblender, powder under ("Goss method"), powder over--all a bust and would yield the same results, though the Goss method did hold it off for about a half hour longer.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why this was happening. I experimented with other moisturizers (at the time, I was using CeraVe in the tub)--so I tried a few oils and a few other things to no avail. Until I came upon a description on the Sephora website about an added moisturizer in the product, which I suspect is the culprit for this effect. I know several other Reddit users with dry skin on /r/makeupaddiction had similar experiences to this too.

Overall, it didn't work for me and I suspect it may be too moisturizing for oily or combo skin folk, so I'm not particularly sure who this is being marketed towards at this point. This being said, your mileage may vary and you might enjoy it. Here's my take away on it:

Pro:

- No SPF! (no flashback; most foundation doesn't carry enough SPF to give you adequate protection in any case)
- Wide variety of color options available
- No tocopherol
- Did not emphasize dry flakes, even in a cold climate (North Midwest USA) during winter

Con:

- Gives a greasy appearance instead of luminous
- Begins to show wear and tear a few hours in

Did not like this foundation at all! I heard so many good things, and I usually like to find a bunch of reviews and videos about products before I purchase them, but this was one of those things that just did not work for me. I gave it a try a few more times but NOPE! it melts of my face even though i apply powder on top, the only plus about this foundation is that its very creamy and goes on dewy which i love! but just doesn't stay on.

on 5/11/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this foundation for a few weeks and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I was telling everyone how beautiful it applied on my skin and it gave me a lovely youthful glow. I have tried a lot of foundations in the past and nothing came close! Unfortunately I started to get pimples, spots, blackheads and whiteheads everywhere!!! My skin started to burn too! 😔 I've stopped using it now and my skin is slowly getting better. I never get spots so it was a it of a shock. Really really disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've been on the search for my HG foundation for a while now, and this is definitely not it. I tried it a while ago but decided to buy it again in case my opinion may have changed. It's honestly just OK- nothing special about it in my opinion. It looks somewhat matte for maybe an hour or two and then turns into a streaky, oily mess. It emphasizes dry spots like no other and the coverage is just not enough for my (pretty light) acne scars and a few blemishes here and there. I've tried to layer it on top of my blemishes and it doesn't cover much. The shade N117 is perfect for me, but that's pretty much the only positive thing about this product. Not worth the $42.