Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.2

on 11/8/2008 11:57:00 AM

The reformulated High Shine lipsticks are not as shiny as the old formula. However, what it lost in shine, it gained in texture. Staying power is the same, but they're not as gaudy and drying as before. I had Shiniest Chestnut, which was a "look at all the whitish frost on my lips" statement when the color wore off. Now I own Chestnut Chic--same color, different name. Although the formula could be a bit more glossy, I like the fact that the sparkle is refined. It's a lipstick, not a lipgloss. Overall, good improvement. Definitely better than Chanel's drying Aqualumieres, which shriveled my lips.

on 10/29/2008 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I haven't bothered to review in a long time but considering how I depend on MUA reviews I felt I should contribute as well. For reference I am pale skinned and freckled. I wear Nars Mont Blanc and also like Dior Foreverskin CPF in Ivory 010. I favor sheer lipsticks and love a bit of shine. In my never ending quest for the perfect MLBB lippie I have acquired two: Casual Beige and Beige-a-Porter. The Casual Beige is a great neutral nude but the Beige-a-Porter definitely skews a bit pink and would be better suited to neutral to cool-toned skin. They are not as shiny as lip gloss but honestly you can only manipulate a lipstick's texture so much before it ceases to be lipstick. The packaging isn't as refined as say Guerlain but definitely more interesting and durable than Shu. I highly recommend!

on 9/28/2008 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sheer coverage, hydrating, beautifully packaged. Though it doesn't have much staying power it's really pretty and perfect for lighter looks. Nude silhouette; beautiful neutral color, Champagne blush; a pretty light pink, and Runway red; not really a red per say more like a slightly darker bright pink.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When these lipsticks first came out I had to order from sephora straight away. I puchased 734 Gipsy Red & 750 Runway Red. I knew they would be sheer and probably not last very long but it was something new, so I went for it. When they arrived I was pleasantly surprised at the pigmentation, gipsy red is a very orange red and runway red is more of a pink red. Both colors are very wearable, even for the most red phobic gals out there. They last about 2 to 3 hours if you don't eat or drink from a cup. I'm glad I bought them and if I lost them I would repurchase. I won't buy anymore colors though, there's always something new to try out !

on 9/21/2008 8:33:00 AM

I splurged on this because of the great shade (Front Row Fig) and the usual worth-it quality of Dior lip products. I was very disappointed. The shade is an excellent sheer purply-mauve that looks great with my pale skin and dark hair. The product itself is mediocre at best. It's not shiny and feels a bit slimy and dry at the same time, with poor lasting power. It's almost as if they gave the product too much "slip" and not enough "anchor" of waxes or base to hold it on and feel moisturizing if that makes sense. There are much better, cheaper products out there, like the new drugstore tinted lip balms. If you're stuck on Dior, their new Creme de Gloss is excellent quality and more what this product is aiming for. Save your money!

i like the color that i got the 222 casual beige, but i wonder why they bother to call it "high shine" when it's not all that shiny, just a tad. one thing i thing i like about this product, it glides nicely on your lips... cute packaging tube.

I bought this in #624 Cranberry Coquette and I really love how it matches my lips natural shade and adds them shine and an impression of volume. Its buttery consistency makes it very lovely on my lips and mekes them feel soft.
I don't like the package, thoug, I prefer the blue boxes because this moter-of-pearl transparent case seems very cheap to me.

on 8/3/2008 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went to the Dior counter to get blusher and ended up buying a pro cheeks and the addict high shine in runway red. at the counter, the lipstick looked gorgeous under the lightings and other condtions. it made my lips look glossy and plump, it felt moisturized and slicked on creamy and glossy. it's even cheaper than Chanel lipsticks.

when i got home, it was a different story. i tried it on again, this time it didn't look as glossy and there were little shiny particles that stuck to my lips even after the color is gone. it also bleeds a little and becomes uneven after a while. granted, it ddin't have the usual awful dior lipstick smell but i don't think i'll be getting another one. although, the colors are pretty amazing. i wonder if a lighter colour would be better? i will try another color if I've got nothing else to buy...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this lipstick and would never use any other. It is shiny like a gloss but has the coverage of a lipstick. I have Champagne Blush which is a nice golden pink color and Rose Show which is a nice medium pink color. Catwalk Mauve is on the way. It is expensive for a lipstick but well worth the money. Longer lasting than a gloss. Edit: would not repurchase because the tube only last a few months. Not work it for the money.

on 6/27/2008 3:55:00 PM

I just got this in Gipsy Red after trying so many other lipsticks at other counters. It's very moist, not as sticky as most of your lip gloss, yet deliver the shine that's more subtle...my natual lip color is kinda dark, and I've been trying desperately to find something that can cover it up and give me the pinkish daytime look. This does the job perfectly well. I'll try out more of their colors for nighttime wear.