RIMMEL Glam'Eyes

RIMMEL Glam'Eyes

3.5

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Stearic Acid, PVP, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Lecithin, Acrylates Copolymer, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Talc, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Simethicone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

I truly did not like this mascara at all!It sounded great on the package plus it comes in a cute tube lol but it was just plain awful!I had spider lashes.I had to keep combing the brush threw to get some of the clumps out and even then my lashes looked gross.I returned it and never looked back

on 10/19/2011 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I like this quite a bit. I use the blackest black shade and it looks amazing and the formula is creamy. One layer looks natural, while three layers of this mascara is more 'Glam' for me. Overall it's a good product with cute packaging so I will repurchase.

on 10/13/2011 7:29:00 PM

Sadly I tried to like this stuff and I do like the actual mascara itself. Its creamy and the brown black shade is a true dark brown color that I like. The reason I wont buy this again is the wand is... bad. It's square shaped and two sides have very VERY short plastic bristles and the other two sides have long plastic bristles and thats it. I found the short sides are TOO short and just make globs of mascara on your eyelashes and the long bristles would be fine if there were actually more of them! I just find that the wand is annoying to use and I dont want to trouble with it just because I like the actual mascara itself.

So I shall move on!

on 10/12/2011 9:41:00 PM

I bought 2 of these because I liked the packaging and wanted to try a mascara with one of those newer style rubber brushes thinking it might be easier to apply than one with a standard brush. Much to my disappointment, this did not thicken my lashes and was even harder to apply to my lower lashes. I used about 3 coats, and all it did was darken my lashes. There was no volumizing or lengthening effect. For now, I'm going to stick to L'oreal voluminous.

on 10/12/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pleasantly surprised! While this is by no means my go-to mascara, when I can't find anything else I've used this with satisfactory results. Goes on nice and even, doesn't clump, and separates very well. Haven't noticed any flaking and it lasts all day.

on 10/9/2011 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I like the brush and the formula. I like the effect it has on my lashes. What I don't like is that this stuff is flaky as h*ll and irritates my eyes. (I don't have sensitive eyes at all, but this stuff makes them itchy and watery.) I won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this mascara. I have yet to find one that i dont have to coat on with a second brand of mascara. Right now i use this one first then maybelline waterproof falsies. Together they work great for my lashes. What i love about this mascara is it drops a lot of color and seperates my lashes very well. it makes them look clean and not clumped up at all. Easy to apply too. Overall i would tell people to try it out its the best drug store mascara ive found yet.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I purchased this as part of a buy 1 get 1 deal at Walgreens. I was attracted to the packaging and the fact that it came with a Rimmel liner (which is great, btw, worth the purchase on it's own). The brush is a rubber wand brush, atypical from what I am normally used to. The formula is a bit wet, but it's a lovely dark jet black. It coats my lashes very well. The brush does an average job of separating lashes. But because the formula is kind of wet, it does cause slight clumping. Through the course of the day, does flake off a bit. There is nothing special about this mascara. It does an okay job of lengthening and does not provide much volume. Quite an average mascara. It's nothing exceptional nor is it horribly bad. I would not repurchase.

on 9/3/2011 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Purchased this for two reasons: couldn't find my misplaced Volum' Express One by One and...the packaging has been taunting me with it's uber girly cuteness for a while. Mostly positive reviews from MUAers only added fuel to the fire and I happily shelled out $14 CAD after discovering that the original Full'n'Soft by Maybelline has been discontinued. This is my first Rimmel mascara and the very first application was a tad disappointing as the mascara was still fresh and the brush needs some practice. Frustrated, I let it be for a week (finding my One by One only added insult to the injury) but the other day I decided to give it a go again and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked out. I have long lashes but average in terms of volume so for me the best way to apply was to start off with the short bristles right at my roots then begin to wiggle the wand in left to right zig-zag motion AS I slowly turned the brush counter clockwise switching the short bristles to the longer ones. By doing so, you're allowing the short bristles to build volume at the roots while depositing a perfect amount of product, followed by separating your lashes and dragging more product all the way to the ends. Once you get a hang of it, you'll love the brush, I promise. Mascara has no scent, it dries fairly quickly upon application, however it dries pretty stiff too, and doesn't hold the curl very well but with all that volume and length, your lashes will look fabulous either way so this mascara isn't just a pretty face, ladies =)

on 8/25/2011 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very pretty packaging. I bought this a while ago, when it was on sale for 5 bucks, in 003 Extreme Black.

I like the brush, but only the longer side. I find that the supposed volume and lengths sides don't do anything different, and the shorter side is harder to use due to the longer side blocking the way somewhat. Like all the rubber brushes I've tried, it hurts when I poke my eyelid a bit harder. Doesn't clump too much and doesn't glue my lashes together, but it's not amazing either. A bit of length, some volume, and the definition's pretty good. Doesn't hold a curl, but I haven't had a mascara that does (short, stick-straight Asian lashes ftw?), so I'm not the best judge. Overall, not a bad mascara, but nothing wow-inducing either.