RIMMEL Glam'Eyes

RIMMEL Glam'Eyes

3.5

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Stearic Acid, PVP, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Lecithin, Acrylates Copolymer, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Talc, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Simethicone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 3/1/2013 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'll admit, I bought this solely based on the cute packaging. However, I'm pretty pleased with it. It is a good, basic, daytime mascara. Perfect for daytime at the office. You definitely won't get a dramatic false lash look with this, but it does lengthen & separate, doesn't flake, and lasts all day on me. I had no issues with slow drying time, clumping, smudging, or leaving dark circles, and I have very watery eyes due to seasonal allergies. The brush is a rubbery-plastic with short bristles, almost like a comb, so not your typical mascara brush at all. Overall I really do like this and will probably repurchase.

on 2/21/2013 8:29:00 PM

This one is bad on me. Not Great Lash bad, but I can't use it. It provides basic results, and that's fine. But I can't take the smudging under my eyes. I apply 1 coat on the top lashes only and by the end of the day, I have rings under my eyes. And I'm not wearing eyeliner or shadow.

The best part is the brush and the application. It doesn't clump.

on 2/11/2013 1:13:00 AM

I really did like this product i likes that the longer bristles let me have length and the shorter side to have volume to my lashes and because i dont have lashes its good t have this mascara because i think that it is a two in one

on 2/1/2013 2:57:00 PM

i wear two mascaras together...this is one of them. HG STATUS!!! ive been wearing this mascara for like 4 years and i LOVE it. it gives great volume and defines lashes so well which is exactly what i look for in a mascara. i prefer comb-like wands like this one. if rimmel ever discontinues this, i will be sooo disappointed. for those of you who feel like this doesnt give volume, try applying this from the top of your lashes down after you apply from the bottom up. i find that it gives volume both ways, though. also, the packaging is so cute!

UPDATE: It did get d/c'd, and I AM disappointed! All my fave products seem to! :(

This mascara is the best for "normal day" wear, like you could use it before hanging with friends or whatever. It mostly lengthens your lashes. I didn't see any significant volumizing. I love the applicator brush, it's like a comb. It helps to separate lashes to prevent clumping. The packaging is super cute!

I would buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I wasn't impressed with this mascara. Not only did it fail to add volume or length without layer upon layer, but it clumps and flakes everywhere.

on 11/2/2012 1:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Picked this up yesterday to try it out, not expecting much. I'm not a huge fan of the comb-type brushes, but I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara.

The brush does take a little bit of getting used to, I just kind of rotate it as I comb it through my lashes to get both the short and long bristles.

It doesn't give crazy, insane volume, but it's good for just regular everyday with a little oomph. Added a bit of length as well, and the color is nice and dark. Plus, the packaging is very cute.

I'd recommend this mascara and I'll be repurchasing when I run out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PRICE: Bought it on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for only $3cad so no complains there.

PACKAGING:

The brush is the BEST brush ever for those who like to put mascara on their bottom lashes without smudging to the skin below OR clumping. The brush distributes the mascara evenly with it's comb like head. Usually (if I'm not feeling lazy or am going to an event) I would use a very fine eyelash comb to comb through my bottom lashes while wet so they aren't clumped together.

The mascara formula leaves a lot to be desired. It smudges regardless if I have concealer, no concealer, mineral powder foundation as concealer, or just plain makeup base. The formula is also very "heavy"; that is, when I use it on my top lashes...they loose their curl because the mascara is too 'heavy' and 'wet'.

I know some girls prefer the more waxy mascara for the specific look, but my asian eyelashes are too thin to stay curled upwards when using this formula.

CONCLUSION: I won't buy this mascara again for its formula, but I would keep the brush. continued >>

on 10/1/2012 1:27:00 AM

This mascara does everything it promises! The brush gets just a bit getting used to but once you get the hang of it you'll be left with long, voluminous, clump free, black lashes that stay that way all day. I don't use a curler because my lashes are naturally curly, but it held those babies up and high all day (did I mention that I work on an ambulance?) so yeah, great stuff. I got this for $4, the packaging is cute, and I think I'm going to get one of these for my best friend. Not a very good beginner mascara.

on 9/20/2012 10:37:00 AM

Really love, have been trying to make myself like the scandal eyes, but I'm a classic girl at heart