RIMMEL Glam'Eyes

RIMMEL Glam'Eyes

3.5

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Stearic Acid, PVP, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Lecithin, Acrylates Copolymer, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Talc, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Simethicone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

The packaging is really chic, but I really didn't like the applicator or the product. The applicator is extremely flexible and the bristles are short and spiky. It separates my lashes well and such, but doesn't really hold my curls or give volume which I find it extremely important in a mascara. I would recommend this for someone who has thick/curly lashes and wants a natural enhancment to them.

on 6/27/2013 12:52:00 AM

My favorite! It goes on smooth. It make my eyelashes separated and long!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

One of my fav DS gems and the only Rimmel mascara worth buying IMO. The formula is thin, very pigmented and has a comb-like brush with short bristles that reach even the tiniest lashes and gives great length. I love this and have repurchased many times, the only thing that stops it from being an HG is it doesn't give much volume, so I use it in conjunction with Maybellines Falsies for the perfect lash look & no clumps at all with this formula, I love it! I have short, sparse lashes and this really extends them so they look flirty and fluttery, it can be hard to find in drugstores which is a bummer, the only place I can find it in my small town is Walgreens.

on 5/30/2013 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

this mascara is completely CLUMP LESS!!! lengthens & lifts my lashes without looking like spider legs. Ive used mega plush & the other rimmel one with the lil ball on the end.. nothing ive tried compares. & this doesnt smear for me at all. Ive had absolutely no transference. also, the wand isnt "that" odd. its not rocket science to use it, its a lil this but allows precision control

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Glam Eyes? What a load of rubbish. Another sad, disappointing drugstore mascara review, after Maybelline Full N' Soft. This was my first Rimmel mascara, I was so sucked in with all that "amazing separation, voluminous lashes" crap. I'm full of it with drugstore mascaras, seriously, I never see the high ratings and hype about it.

Proclaimed Benefits (got it off from the official Maybelline website):
•Ultra supple elasto-bristles groom each lash for a spectacular 7 x more lash intensity (You see these overrated and overhyped claims, just unbelievable. My lashes didn't look any longer than it was before, what a disappointment.)
•Smoothing formula wraps each lash for ultimate volume yet perfect separation. (True & False, the only positive thing I find from this product is the seperation it offered. The bristle of the mascara wand is evenly designed for separation. However, this doesn't provide any volume whatsoever.)
•Available in two colour choices: black and brown (Got my in brown, because sometimes black mascara might look slightly a bit obvious to the lashes, brown just help soften the outcome of my lashes, give an illusion of more a thicker and natural eyelash.)

Packaging:
Comes in a little chic pink and light brown packaging, the end of the mascara is slightly slanted and have the logo of the Rimmel brand emprinted on it. The mascara tube it slightly chubby, but it's a comfortable size to hold on to.

On my lashes:
[X] Smudges- I have a tendency of rubbing or touching my eyes, worse during the spring season, the warmth of my hand slightly melt the mascara, so I would find some of the macara formula under my eye.
[] Flakes- NO FLAKES :)
[XX] Drop- Yes, this mascara is probably Maybelline's Full N' Soft's prettier sister. Both mascar offers no lift or life to my short,brittle asian lashes. What a huge disappointment!
[X] Transfer-Slightly, since I have a oily eyelid, the mascara formula sometimes like to slip and slide on the bottom outer corner of my eyes.
[X] Fade- The longevity of this mascara would probably be 3 hours, at its best.
[] Clump- YAY! NO CLUMP, AMAZING SEPERATION!

Ingredients:
AQUA/WATER/EAU, PARAFFIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, PVP, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX/CIRE D’ABEILLE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, POLYSORBATE 20, STEARIC ACID, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PANTHENOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, TALC, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, GOSSYPIUM HERBACEUM (COTTON) POWDER, SERICA/ SILK POWDER/POUDRE DE SOIE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ACRYLATES/CARBAMATE COPOLYMER, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, GLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED OLIVE OIL, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, COLLAGEN, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL, CERAMIDE 2, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) OIL UNSAPONIFIABLES, SODIUM SULFATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA LEAF EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM BENZOATE, TOCOPHEROL.

Price- AUS $16.95 regular retail price
Would I repurchase- NARRRR...NEVER AGAIN! Hope you guise find this review helpful, HAPPY SHOPPING!!

on 5/26/2013 3:26:00 AM

This is my current drug store mascara of choice. I'm normally a high end mascara kind of gal but since I run through eye products so quickly, I thought it would be nice to have a cheaper alternative. The outer packaging is pretty cute. Love the pink and black. This was my first time using a mascara with a plastic wand. It does feel rather flimsy but surprisingly does a decent job at separating the lashes. Due to the the design of the wand, I feel like I have to apply the mascara a little more carefully to avoid clumps but not a big deal. The mascara does a good job at adding both volume and length to my lashes and the black is a very nice dark color. The finish of this mascara reminds me a lot of Lancome's Hypnose Star. The wand is completely different and I think the Hypnose Star is a little easier to use but the end effect looks pretty much the same for a fraction of the cost. This mascara lasted approximately 3 months before it got a clumpy and I threw it out. Love this mascara but am still on the hunt for another good drugstore mascara.

on 5/24/2013 10:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I don't know if the one I got was old or if I just got a bad one because this seems to have decent reviews overall from most people. The one I got was really dry; I couldn't even tell if anything was getting on my lashes. Some of it must have gotten on my lashes because I saw flaking as the day went on. So, while it's possible that I just got a bad one, I probably wouldn't give this a second try because there are so many mascaras out there to try. This is only the second Rimmel mascara I've tried so far; the Glam-eyes Day-to-Night worked much better for me in comparison to this one.

on 5/10/2013 9:35:00 AM

Generally I love Rimmel's mascara, until they released the terrible Scandal Eyes but anyway. I used two mascaras everytime, Maybelline Full and Soft and Rimmel Glam Eyes. Because Glam Eyes (GE) has a plastic brush, it does a fantastic job separating my lashes and coat every single one of them evenly. I can also go back with the brush multiple times to build on intensity and length. The mascara really helps with lifting the lashes up and fanning them out, perfect for them fluttery lashes. Now, if you look for a super dramatic effect you won't get it here, that's why I use it with Maybelline Full and Soft to help with the volume department. Maybelline FS really helps with thickening the bases of your lash, it kinda lines your eyes at the same time and has them more luscious. So unless you have natural thick lashes, I think you should probably stick with this and a voluminizing mascara.

basically no point to even putting it on as i didn't see more length volume or anything. it's like the emperor's new mascara

on 3/27/2013 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this mascara! It's not very well known but I highly recommend it. It separates lashes and the wet formula gives that "glam effect". I wouldn't use this for a natural look, more of a "I'm going out tonight" look. I should warn that b/c this is a wet formula, you have to take your time when you apply it and use careful gentle strokes. I'm ok w/ that b/c it ends up looking amazing! This is only about $7.50 at Walgreens and I got it during a 50% off sale! My third time purchasing. :)