Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In

Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/1/2009 5:44:00 AM

I hate this stuff. It makes my hair sticky and gummy. I end up ripping out so much hair while blow-drying after using this. And I've given it sooooo many chances. I thought I'd used too much so I used less, that didn't work. So I used more and that didn't work. I tried it on the ends only, I tried it all over, I tried everything. I always got the same crappy results. No smoothing at all. My ends were left fluffy and frizzy. I hate the scent, which I liken to scented pantyliners. But I could overlook that if the product worked for me.

on 9/9/2009 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

*First off, I have 'very' long, dark-blonde hair that is somewhere between fine/thick. I stand at 5'4 and my hair reaches the backs of my knees at it's longest point.

I've got a bottle of the Herbal Essences "Long Term Relationship" leave-in split end protector for long hair.
-I don't use it as often as I probably should as I get lazy or am in a hurry at times and just don't put it in.
I picked up my bottle for about $5 or less at a grocery store a few months ago. Originally bought it for another purpose altogether but it wasn't going to work for that purpose, so I decided to give it a try since I do have split ends. Again, I don't use this regularly and since I have my hair up so often, I haven't seen a big difference. But it smells very lovely.:)
-I apply it straight to my hair after I've showered and towel-dried. My hair is still quite damp, so I just lather a squirt or two between my hands and run my hands down the length of my hair near the bottom, making sure to run my fingers through repeatedly, and I also bunch my hair up in my hands in an effort to get product on as much hair as I can.

I haven't noticed any issues with oilyness or stiffness, in fact, my hair feels soft and silky to me after this stuff has dried and still smells delicious.:)

-I'd start out with just half a pump, a very small amount and go from there. You don't want to risk using too much and making your hair look greasy or anything like that.
You can use this stuff on dry hair, too, but I've only used it on my wet hair and left it to dry.

So far I haven't had any problems with the pump *knocks on wood*. I suspect others 'may' be having their problems due to product drying up in the pump and blocking the tube.

I need to start using this more regularly and monitoring my hair for any changes. So I may come back and update on this product in the future.

Oh, for reference...I use Tresemme's shampoo and conditioner (separately) and then this on top after rinsing both products out. Not sure if that makes any difference, but I get complimented on my hair almost every time I go out and have my hair down.

on 9/7/2009 9:36:00 AM

This is actually for the H.E Long Term Relationship MASK - the one in the tub, it's not a leave-in because you're not actually meant to leave it in - on the tub it says to apply, leave for 3 minutes and *rinse out*.

I thought I could get away with leaving it in but it really doesn't work that way, it's disgusting and greasy but when you wash it out - WOW. Instant silky hair. Along with H.E Hello Hydration shampoo/conditioner this stuff makes my dry hair so alive.

I usually only apply it to my ends AFTER a shower, blowdry the rest of my hair, then rinse it out in the sink. However I guess you could use it while in the shower.

The only reason I'm giving it a 4 is I don't think it actually repairs your hair, it just coats it with some silky feeling stuff. Also the smell of the entire Long Term Relationship line (*supposed* to be red raspberry) is nauseating, hate it.

- - -
PRICE [3] $7 AUD | PACKAGING [4] | REPURCHASE [maybe]

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this while in london drugs about last month, I was looking for new products to try and I happened to pick this up. It was very cheap I paid about 2.99 for 180ml. I really like the smell of this product, it reminds me of the old herbal essences before they changed everything. It is very thick so you don't need a lot or you'll end up lookng greasy. The pump is great, although it can sometimes get clogged, but that is not a big deal. I use this leave-in after a shower, on pretty damp hair, I first apply my normal leave-in, and apply not even half a pump of long term relationship to the ends of my hair. I have noticed I haven't been getting as many split ends lately, but I am not sure if it is from this. I will repurchase this.

It's okay, nothing spectacular. The scent isn't divine, it's nice though. If you smell it straight from the tube however, it smells alcohol like. It makes my hair seem thicker but it doesn't soften it up as much as I hoped. Overall decent product, price was good, would not repurchase however because I like to try new products.

on 8/6/2009 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

this works really well for me. i seperate my hair into two sides and do about a half a pump on each side. i hve thick long hair but i dont really have layers so i just put it on the ends of my hair cuz it seems kind of thick to put everywhere. it smells amazing and really helps soften my ends. will definitely repurchase... if i ever run out!!!

on 8/6/2009 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, this is a 'split end preventer' seems a little like a glorified leave in, but it does make my hair very soft and silky. I use three pumps on my chin length hair (my hair is dyed and heat styled so I always load up on leave ins and heat protectants) but it never makes my hair sticky or oily. I would buy again simply because of how silky it leaves my hair. EDIT, after several uses, even with clarifying, it seemed to make my hair very sticky and stiff, even when only using a little bit

I wasn't a fan of this product. I bought it to use as a protectant when straightening and it really weighed my hair down and made it feel sort of sticky and I only used one pump each time I used it, so it wasn't just me over-using the product. However, it smells amazing and it did add pretty fantastic shine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The product itself is a pink cream. It smells very good, like berries, much like other Herbal Essences products. It's somewhat sticky, so a little bit goes a long way.

It works pretty good for my thin, fine, layered, and shoulder-length hair. I bought it to use on dry hair, and it does a decent job for that, although I have to be careful to not use too much otherwise my hair will look greasy. It doesn't particularly smooth down my split ends but it does help a little bit with flyaways and frizziness when I use it on dry hair.

On wet hair, which is what I'll probably be using it for from now on, it works wonderfully. Today I didn't feel like doing my hair, so I just brushed my wet hair out and put this throughout all of my hair. I brushed my hair right after applying the product, brushed it again when my hair was half-dry, and then brushed it again when it was almost completely dry. The result was better hair than usual! My hair, when dried naturally without any product, is slightly wavy but not in a good way - it has random waves here and there, and the ends of my layers flip out in an odd fashion. With this, it had nice, even waves - almost a beachy sort of wave. It also felt thicker than usual.

I plan on using it on the ends of my wet hair before I blow dry/straighten it to prevent split ends. I will update in a while to update on whether it helped prevent and fix any split ends or not.

on 7/28/2009 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have almost waist long straight hair. Im prone to split ends so Ive been using this for a few months. The products lasts a lot and it smells great. It leaves my hair smelling great and soft. Im not so sure if it does anything for the split ends, since my hair is thin and prone to breakage either way. But it hasn't dried it out, so oiliness, or buildup. As long as it leaves it soft and smelling good, ill keep using it, unless i find better. I use this in combination with the shampoo and conditioner and do feel the hair texture improve.