Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In

Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is pretty much the only hair care product that I've ever repurchased, save for Zero Frizz 100% Rescue Corrective hair serum. I thought this leave-in had been discontinued, as I had not seen it in months, but I found it at Walmart yesterday in a newly designed bottle, so yay. This is my third bottle and whenever I used this in conjunction with Zero Frizz, my hair was less damaged and split. It's cheap and it smells good, not like raspberries though. It also is the only product to make my crunchy, dried ends feel soft. Love it. For reference I have curly, dyed, dry, split and broken hair.

on 1/1/2012 9:42:00 AM

I have curly semi dead hair, and I bought this because I love the conditioner and it was only two dollars. I actually really like it, it smells good, works pretty good, and the pump makes it easy to grab some and go. It also lasts a loong time

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is pretty good, but nothing special. It smells great, and it's good for just smoothing out your hair and getting rid of frizz! As far as split end protection, it doesn't prevent them slightly, but not that amazingly (I still do get some split ends). Any normal leave in conditioner does almost as good of a job. The annoying thing is that i can only use this when my hair is wet - otherwise, my hair is left really greasy. Having a spray for split ends would be more convenient, since I could use it on the days I don't wash my hair. The price of this was $6 at Shoppers Drug Mart, which compared to other drugstore leave in conditioners isn't great. I'll use this up, and I might buy it again if it's on sale, since it does make a little bit more of a difference to split ends then just a normal leave in conditioner.

on 12/24/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This smells SOOO good! Just like raspberries! I have really long waist length hair and I can only put in 2 squirts otherwise it gets kind of crunchy so I know it is going to last a long time. Unfortunately after a day I can't smell it anymore :( I havn't tried putting it on dry hair yet. I havn't had any split ends since using this so it must be doing its job!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

When my dad was on a drugstore run, I asked him to buy me some heat protectant. "Nothing expensive," I told him, "just look for the work protectant in it. It'll come in a pump." So he picked this leave in conditioner up. I couldn't blame him, it fit all the criteria. So I am using it. I've had it for months, used it a good ten+ times. I have straight, thick, long tresses. I get many compliments on the health of my hair, but since moving to the midwest where the water and winters are unbearably harsh, I thought extra moisture wouldn't hurt for my ends. I have used BedHead's Ego Boost, Organix, EVOO, and Aussie's spray leave ins before, so I know what to and what not to expect from leave in conditioner..
Perhaps because I have such healthy hair, I do not see the beaming benefits other reviewers have mentioned. This is a cream conditioner, much like the stuff you use in the shower. It's very heavily scented. It's a decent scent, but I don't like anything hindering the way of my fragrances. I need about 6 pumps of the stuff just to cover the tips of my hair evenly. I do have lots of hair and this product is cheap, but it just seems wasteful!
I have applied it on both dry and wet hair. Either way, it leaves my hair with a waxy residue that doesn't get absorbed. My hair doesn't have split ends to begin with, but the dried ends are not "quenched" at all.

Herbal Essences products, in my opinion, have nothing special about them other than smelling nice, and are actually let downs most of the time. This is no exception. It was only three bucks, but I'd rather let my conditioner sink in a bit longer in the shower than to use this. It leaves me with nothing but a strong flowey smell and a gunky residue. Would not recommend.

on 10/22/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is comparable to what John Frieda's secret weapon does for way less money. Basically I use it if I have frizzy ends.

It isn't "as good" as secret weapon. A bit more sticky, texture is less pleasant and harder to distribute. But the price difference makes this a product worth buying.

I only use it on dry hair. A similar "dirt cheap" product that is better for blow drying wet hair is Garnier's leave in conditioner. Leaves it way softer and smoother at the ends.

on 9/2/2011 10:46:00 PM

I like this alot! This product smells really good but very strong. When i use this i focus on the ends because it is a split end protecter/healer. I noticed a difference in my natural hair within two weeks. also my ends were extremely soft when i put heat on my hair. I could tell my hair shaft was healing up while using this. I only use one pump and I have medium length hair. It works well but with constant use i am afraid that my hair has gotton use to the wonders on this product so i am going to only use it five times a week now in hope that my hair will grow un-used to it. hope this helped!

First off, the smell is amazing. I cant exactly describe it, but it's a fruity scent and I love fruit scents. It has an open and close pump so it's good for travel, or if you just don't want it to spill. I put this on my damp hair at night from the hair by ears down to the tips and I don't see a dramatic change, but I can feel that my hair is a little bit softer.

on 8/6/2011 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My hair was kinda damaged and dried out from all the styling i do, so i thought i would get a leave in conditioner to help moisturize my hair. I read the back of the bottle and thought it might help. I used it the first timeright after taking a shower (applying it to my wet hair) and let it air dry. It smelled good, which i liked, but it didnt make my hair feel soft or mend the breakage or anything! I thought that it might have to take more than a day for my hair to start showing any signs of recovery, so i continued using it. After a month and a half i realized that all i was doing was putting useless junk into my hair and not solving any problem my hair had. The product definitly DID NOT work for me, so i wouldn't reccomend it.

The new formula STINKS (literally). I have used this product for years now, and I am seriously considering switching after this tube is finished. I loved the old fruity scent! The new one smells too perfumey and fake, and makes me feel like I'll have a reaction to it. It also doesn't leave my hair as soft as the old stuff used to. I have yet to see any difference in the effectiveness as far as split ends go, but I just got a major haircut to get rid of all of those.
Overall, this used to be one of my favorites, but I no longer like it now that the company changed the formula.

Edit: I ended up having a very bad nasal allergy to the new scent and had to discontinue using this.