Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/18/2008 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a good leave-in conditioner that keep my hair soft at the end of the day. I am asian with thin fine hair that I occasionally straighten with the CHI but other than that my hair is in fairly good condition. As the day progresses, my roots tend to get oily and my ends a bit rough. In the winter, at the end of the day, my ends begins to feel a bit rough and tangled so I wanted a leave-in treatment that would keep my hair soft all day long. I tried this in 3 different ways.
1) I showered at night and the next morning as I got ready, I smoothed about 2 pumps worth of product into my hair. It didn't seem to "blend" into my hair. When you ran my fingers through my hair, it was obvious I had product in it. It didn't feel soft and smooth like I hoped. As the day passed on, the cream seem to have absorbed into my hair more and my hair felt softer.
2) I showered at night and before my hair dried, I put the product into my hair. When I woke up, my hair was pretty soft but there was still a hint of residue.
3) I showered at night and waited till my hair dried, and put the product in. Again, it was obvious that I had cream in my hair and the texture felt "funny". The next morning, my hair felt very smooth, was not obvious there was some kind of cream in my hair, and stayed that way for the rest of the day. :) Guess it takes a while for the cream to absorb into my hair.
So I guess option 3 went the best for me. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell. So heavenly. I want to try other leave-in treatments first before I decide if I would repurchase this one because I like to just put the product in the morning and have results right then and there, not wait a whole night. The reviews on the Herbal Essences Break's Over leave in conditioner is better so I think I'll try that one next (if i can find it!).

I like this stuff. It's thick and moisturizing and holds my hair in place well too. Smells nice and is super cheap. I'm trying to grow my hair out and this keeps it from getting dry and frizzy.

on 7/27/2008 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this because it does exactly what it promises - it's a "leave-in split end protector for long hair." I don't like the smell (I think I'm in the minority on that one though) or the thick, almost waxy texture; also, I agree with ArizonaAngel that this does weigh your hair down. HOWEVER, I am trying to grow out my hair, and this protects from split ends wonderfully. I will stick with this until my hair grows out to the length I want it, and then maybe switch to something that isn't as heavy.

7/28/08 Edit: I've been reading up on hair products and the ingredients that go in them, and upon looking through LTR's ingredients - including but not limited to dimethicone and lots of things ending in "alcohol" - I changed my repurchase from "yes" to "no," and gave this 2 lippies instead of 4.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I don't care for this at all. I love the scent - it is fresh, juicy and crisp. The texture is nice and it does make my hair soft. I have tired using so little to the point that I am not even using a full pump of this and my hair still looks greasy and weighed down. Also it causes alot of buildup and makes my long, fine blonde (color treated) hair VERY dull. Won't repurchase.

on 7/21/2008 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this product. It smells great and protects my hair. My hair feels stronger and thicker and I've noticed less frizz. I do find it a tad too heavy for my uber fine hair hair, but I realized that one pump covers my whole head. It's a really good leave-in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have seen an improvement in the appearance of my hair since I started using this. It's a leave-in conditioner that doesn't weigh my fine hair down or make it look greasy, even though I wash my hair every other day. I put it in when my hair is damp before I comb it out to help prevent breakage and it works great. My hair looks like it has way less split ends and is super soft. It smells awesome too-- like the original Herbal Essences conditioner for damaged hair (in the pink bottle). Plus I got it at Target for less than $3! You can't beat it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my new favorite leave-in. It smells fantastic and you can really feel it doing its job; it's chock full of healthy moisture! Makes my hair easy to comb through, low breakage rate. It really is ideal for long hair. My hair appeared longer soon after use because I wasn't losing as much hair or having as much breakage. It really makes a difference! Definitely worth the price. This product definitely saved my troubled hair. I doubt high end brands could do any better.

on 4/29/2008 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this for $1.50 with a coupon. Used this with the Long-Term conditioner, and this did not do it for me. I was expecting it to calm the halo of frizz I have on my long, chemically-treated hair. It didn't do that, if anything, it make it worse. Very thin consistency, not a good leave in at all.
I gave this product a rating of one.. the conditioner got a rating of two, because the scent was one redeeming quality about it. Smells heavenly. But this stuff smells terrible, not like the shampoo or conditioner at all.

on 3/9/2008 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this a week ago, and I'm pretty impressed. My hair isn't really long...it's more like an inch below my shoulders...but I'm growing it out. It doesn't really smell the same as the shampoo and conditioner. It smells more chemical-y. But it does smell nice. Makes my hair somewhat oily at the roots, but that's only after a day..otherwise it makes my hair soft, supple, silky, and shiny! I'll buy again.