Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use the hair mask one in the tub. I've found it really good for my split ends as they are usually dry and tangly after I wash my hair but after using the treatment they are smooth and don't tangle at all. Just don't apply it to your scalp if you have oily hair, only your ends. i love this product and it leaves your hair smelling lovely :)

This works well for my long, straight hair, leaving it silky, shiny, and almost tangle-free. The problem for me is the smell. It's lovely (if a bit strong) when I first put it in but as the day progresses, my hair begins to take on a distinctly fishy odor. I'm aware that this may just be the way the fragrance reacts to my personal body chemistry but it is DISGUSTING.

Performance-wise, this would be a 4.5/5.0 for me, but I just can't take the smell.

on 3/23/2010 8:37:00 PM

OMG I LOVE this product! It made my hair so healthy and totally minimised the split ends. I love the entire collection. My hair is very thin and veeery long thanks to these products and especially to this treatment. I absolutely would recommend this to anyone and the smell is amazing! <3 <3 <3

on 10/21/2009 2:22:00 PM

Okay, so Day 1 using this product and my dry split ends are less noticeable. I used this after I showered then again after my hair dried, before styling my hair. I was afraid at first fearing my hair would turn into an oil slick but not even! My hair "looks" healthier that makes my fried ends nearly healthy but can't really tell. I was afraid my curls would flatten out but here is it 5 hours later and my curls are still intact! This is my first leave in product so I have high hopes for this one. Of course the only solution to no split ends is getting a hair cut but I absolutely love my hair length and get many compliments so I have to resort to camoflauging the dead ends and so far my hair smells great, feels silky and manageable from the frizzies I get from time to time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Like the matching rinse-out conditioner, I found that this leave-in left my hair tangly and hard to comb. It's a silicone-based cream intended to help seal split ends, and it does do a nice job of making my ends feel softer (I know nothing can fix a split end except a trim, but I do believe that moisturizing oils and cones can help prevent the wear and tear that causes splits). It definitely works much better in damp hair than in dry hair, where it gets especially sticky. I've been applying it to damp hair, air-drying, and also applying it to the tassels of my braids (I put my hair into braids when I sleep with it dry). Overall it's not a bad product, but I won't repurchase due to the stickiness. Easy to use pump bottle, strong fragrance that lingers.

on 9/7/2009 9:36:00 AM

This is actually for the H.E Long Term Relationship MASK - the one in the tub, it's not a leave-in because you're not actually meant to leave it in - on the tub it says to apply, leave for 3 minutes and *rinse out*.

I thought I could get away with leaving it in but it really doesn't work that way, it's disgusting and greasy but when you wash it out - WOW. Instant silky hair. Along with H.E Hello Hydration shampoo/conditioner this stuff makes my dry hair so alive.

I usually only apply it to my ends AFTER a shower, blowdry the rest of my hair, then rinse it out in the sink. However I guess you could use it while in the shower.

The only reason I'm giving it a 4 is I don't think it actually repairs your hair, it just coats it with some silky feeling stuff. Also the smell of the entire Long Term Relationship line (*supposed* to be red raspberry) is nauseating, hate it.

- - -
PRICE [3] $7 AUD | PACKAGING [4] | REPURCHASE [maybe]

on 7/28/2009 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have almost waist long straight hair. Im prone to split ends so Ive been using this for a few months. The products lasts a lot and it smells great. It leaves my hair smelling great and soft. Im not so sure if it does anything for the split ends, since my hair is thin and prone to breakage either way. But it hasn't dried it out, so oiliness, or buildup. As long as it leaves it soft and smelling good, ill keep using it, unless i find better. I use this in combination with the shampoo and conditioner and do feel the hair texture improve.

on 2/22/2009 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Very good leave in for cheap! Got mine for $4 and now im on my second bottle. They need to make this in a bigger bottle.

omg I love this. My hair smells DIVINE after using this, and it makes my hair so soft and smooth. I have highlighted fried hair and it definitely didn't feel that way after using this. Love it. I alternate using this and my organix coconut oil anti-breakage serum and my hair has never felt better.

on 12/1/2008 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First, let me say that I have very fine thin long hair, and it is extremely dry at the ends due to my perming it. I find that this product really moisturizes my hair. I apply it after I wash my hair. I towel dry it a little bit, but my hair is still pretty wet when I put in 2 or 3 pumps at the ends of my hair. It smells really good. The next day, my hair is always noticeably softer. I have tried applying it on when my hair is dry, it ends up feeling a little crunchy. so I would recommend putting this when your hair is wet. This is the first time I have tried a leave-in conditioner, so I am probably going to shop around before I repurchase this again. But I am very happy with this product. I took off one lippie because I do feel that my hair can be softer. My hair was very soft when I did not perm it. so this didn't completely reverse the effects.