Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

No Image

4.1

I got this product hoping to actually replace a lancome sample I've had for a while which is now running out (how sad..). I got it in a BOGO sale, so, for me at least, the price was pretty much as good as it gets :) I hadn't, however realized that it was supposed to be a shimmer, because for my purposes I was looking for a matte color. Since it's not incredibly shimmery, and it IS lighter than my skintone, it makes an absolutely superb highlight! I was very pleasantly surprised with this product!

I bought this with the idea in mind it would be a good highlighter color and would have some shimmer. When i put it on it was actually pretty close to my skin color. I use it all over my eye now when i want a shimmery eye. I think its really pretty :D The packaging is nice and i would buy it again, their only four dollares!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this eyeshadow hoping to use it as a nice, natural highlight colour but I was foiled - it's actually about the same colour as my skin, and doesn't really highlight. Having said that, if I could buy this product as a face powder, I would! I've been tempted to just grab a powder brush and apply it all over my face. It's gorgeously smooth, soft and blendable. It's a "Shimmer/reflex brilliant" colour, so I like to use it as a lid colour to make my eyes a little more lively. It's great, and for a little over $4 for 2.6g, you can't lose!

on 12/31/2008 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like the Maybelline eyeshadows, they come in many pretty colors. They are pretty long lasting, and I don't usually have them crease on me. The only thing I have a problem with is they are a little bit on the expensive side. I think $4 each for an eyeshadow is a little too much, especially when it's only one shade. Sometimes you can find them on sale though. They are still good eyeshadows though, and I like them.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is way more matte than shimmer - and ultimately, too yellow for me. But it's a very nice lid color I think for most people.

on 2/11/2008 1:38:00 PM

This is a very light whitish beige color with a decent texture. The packaging says it has a shimmer finish, but I find the shimmer to be very minimal on my lids. I like this as a base all-over color or on days when I don't wear very little makeup and just want to even out my lid. I think this is a nicer, cheaper alternative to Urban Decay Foxy (matte), which I previously used for the same purposes. However it doesn't last as long as other shadows I've used.

Popular Eye Shadows