Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.3

on 3/27/2011 11:30:00 AM

I have used it about half a dozen times (I experiment w/ color (mostly blondes and browns) and hair coloring products a lot.) I LOVE this stuff even if it is more expensive than other d/s options. I love the comb applicator - in fact, I now use it for other brands that I like (Revlon Colorsilk, L'Oreal Superior Preference, Clairol Nice & Easy).

Love that it only takes 10 minutes = shiny, fully colored hair w/ multiple tones (I have no grays to contend w/ - yet), not obnoxious smelling. Only due to price to I tend to experiment w/ others...will contine to keep in my regular rotation!

on 3/25/2011 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used Perfect 10 more then once for maybe 2 different shades. I really like the dark brown I used this more then 5 times. The color was amazing. I hate the smell it is one of the strongest I have ever used. It was really messy! All over the place and I am not messy. I had no use for the comb applicator because my hair is so thick and curly. I find it takes forever to wash out the color that first time until the water runs clear.

This dye is great- I've used it in 3 colors I think, and they've all gone really well but be warned, it fades so quickly! Maybe you need to leave it on for longer, but generally it does fade very fast.

This is a great dye to use when you've botched your hair color and need a quick fix! I used it when that happened to me and it was a huge relief. No damage really. By the way, if you want to use light chocolate brown, it shows up with a purple tint.

on 3/19/2011 3:14:00 AM

I use color: 4 Dark Brown. It is the perfect dark brown color, without going black. I'm super impressed with the quality of the color. It's very rich and looks just as it did when I had it done at the salon. I never realized just how convenient the "10 minute" development time would be, until after I experienced it. The only thing about this dye is that it fades fast if you don't use a color-safe shampoo.

(One thing I noticed that is a good AND bad thing is the consistency. It is quite runny. The good thing is that this makes it spread out easier so you don't miss any patches. But the bad thing is it can be messy and splash the counter. I would suggest covering the counter and floor with newspaper.)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm very happy with this dye. My hair is naturally very dark brown/black but years of dying, chemical straightening, styling tools, highlights, UV damage etc...had left my hair a medium-dark brown with random patches of light blonde/red toned streaks! Looked dreadful. I decided to use this to make my hair more uniform in colour and add some life to my hair.

I purchased it in 6A Light Ash Brown. I made sure to go several shades lighter than the colour I wanted (a deep dark brown) because my hair is extremely porous and usually picks colour up within 1 minute, leaving my hair black, which I don't want. I chose the Ash tone because my hair has very warm red tones in some parts which I hate.

I found the process to be a little messy - dye ended up on my walls, floors, arms...the dye is extremely liquid (not creamy like I'm used to) so it just went everywhere. I left it on for exactly 10 minutes as stated and rinsed off.

When rinsing, my hair felt sooooo dry and straw-like. I was really worried as I thought it had damaged my hair a lot, it felt dreadful. I used the conditioner provided (which smells like pina coladas or some exotic fruity alcoholic beverage mmm) and my own deep conditioner so that my hair felt softer. After air drying and styling my hair, my hair felt like silk.

The colour is exactly what I wanted...a rich brazilian dark brown as I call it! NOTHING like it looked on the box but like I said, my hair is very porous and picks up colour too much. All the light streaks were gone (most dyes do not cover them fully so I was really impressed with that) and my hair is one uniform colour with no red tones. It did not turn out pitch black like all others dyes I've tried do (L'oreal, Garnier, Schwazkopf etc...). The original nice n easy is horrible for me (that ash brown left my hair pitch black and very dry), but this perfect 10 one is lovely.

The colour doesn't fade TOO quickly but I definately have to redye every 6 weeks or so. Overall I'm very happy with it, it's the only dye I'll use from now on.

on 2/15/2011 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ever since I decided to stop dying my hair bright red and go back to more natural (for my hair color) shades, I figured I'd save some money and stop going to the salon to get it done. My natural hair color is a medium-dark brown, and I have about 10 or so gray strands (yeah, at 24.). I first used 4R Dark Auburn and it gave me great coverage and a nice reddened medium brown shade. After 2 boxes of that, I switched to 4 Dark Brown, which is a very deep, rich neutral espresso. I freaking LOVE it. It's intense at first, but after you do your first washing it will settle into a deep, nuanced brown that is very dark but definitely not black. It covers so well, no gray noticeable.
It wears solidly for 4 weeks, then slowly starts to fade to a lighter brown. I color every 6 weeks so I don't really find it a problem. I do use sulfate free shampoos, as should anyone who dyes their hair. I love how you get a choice of applicators, comb and tip. I generally use the tip on my roots, then switch to comb for the rest, and then switch back to tip at the end just to squeeze the rest of the bottle onto my head before I'm done. I then usually wait 10-15 mins before I wash it out. When you wash it out it will feel a bit dry, but I then put in a bunch of the conditioner that they give you and do a 10 minute mask with it before I rinse it out. After that I find it's crazy soft.
It is more expensive than most at-home dyes (I've seen it from $9 to $11), but I think the intensity of the color and speed of application makes up for it. I will say that my hair is passed my collar bone now, and 1 box is still fine, but I want to grow it at least 3-4 more inches. So next time I'll probably have to buy 2 boxes. However, with coupons and drugstore sales, I still can probably get 2 boxes for $20 or less, which is still WAY less than the $100+ I was paying at the salon.
Sorry for the crazy long review! To conclude...I love this brand of color and find that it's worth every penny. I've bought it 4 times now, and will continue to do so as long as I want my hair a shade I can easily get with at-home dye.

on 2/10/2011 11:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have been dying my own hair for 5 years now, and this is my new favorite! I like that it only takes 10 min, so it feels less damaging, and the applicator makes doing roots so much easier. The first time I used this, I did dark auburn. My hair was already a medium brown with red blended highlights, and the dark auburn looked so beautiful over it! I just did my hair again the other day, this time (wanting to go more to my natural hair color- finally!) I used medium ash brown. This color is amazing! I have cool toned skin, so this color works perfectly with it. My mom also uses this brand (she colors her hair blond) and it looks so beautiful and natural on her as well.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I loved this product!I have naturally dark,brown hair.During the summer,revlon frost n glow was used to add subtle highlights which lightened up my hair a bit.Though appropriate for summer,I felt I needed to richen up my color for the winter season.I have never dyed my own hair before,my hair looked mousy and unhealthy,and it's coarse and very thick and long.The midst of my back.Anyways,the product was easy to distribute throughout,I was a beginner and didn't use to brush nozzle.So easy to apply,ten minutes afterwards and my hair was dark golden brown,as promised.Left extremely healthy looking and shiny.Great product!

on 1/14/2011 10:42:00 PM

I used light chocolate brown to cover light blonde hair. I know it isnt recommended to use it this way but is worked for me but it did fade after a couple weeks. I needed 2 boxes as well I have thick shoulder length hair.

I have used three colors from Perfect 10 Nice 'n Easy. My hair is naturally a medium brown, lighter because of the sun damage. It's medium-thick and as long as the middle of my back. The first time I died my hair ever, I wanted to be daring so the color I used was a Dark Auburn. At first it looked great, barely noticeable, and natural. Unfortunately, it only lasted for 2 weeks before I couldn't see any of it, anymore. The second color I used was Medium Auburn, I wanted a red color that stuck out, and I hoped this one wouldn't disappoint. It came out a bright red-orange color, that I initially liked, but didn't give enough die to cover all my hair, so it looked uneven. The dye lasted about 2 weeks for its full color then faded drastically, much to my disappoint, but left that annoyed brassy undertone that refused to fade. 3 months later I decided to give the color a second chance. This time, it turned out much darker, a dark red initially and I liked it. But again, this color did not last past two weeks. Don't get me wrong, this brand is expensive, but worth it. It doesn't smell, it leaves your hair smooth and shiny and the conditioner is wonderful, but the color fades like none other. Finally, I decided to go the dark brown Espresso on the Double. I LOVED this color once I dyed it. It was darker than my natural haircolor but it had a brown-black color that I loved! Everyone said it was too dark for their taste but it fit my needs perfectly! Everyone complimented it against my fair skin tone. Unfortunately this color...only lasted a week!! I was so disappointed. The box didn't even leave enough die to substantially cover so I suspect buying two boxes could help, but thats 25$! I don't want to spend that much on my hair, when I can't afford it. I just wish the colors would last longer.