Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.3

on 5/17/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been coloring my hair for years, going back and forth between Clairol Nice & Easy and L'Oreal Excellence Creme. I can honestly say, this is the most drying color I have EVER used. I think the thing I would be careful about, is you don't really realize the damage that has been done until a few weeks later - about the same time you realize how quickly the color is fading. The color looks good at first, but fades quickly - and with the damage this color causes, who can afford to be recoloring every three weeks? If you do try this color, just pay attention a few weeks later - if you notice your hair is dryer and the ends are suddenly damaged - yes, this hair color did it.

on 5/15/2011 12:02:00 PM

I've tried this twice now and don't plan to do so again. The consistency is runnier than I like going on, but it's workable. It smells/feels stronger than the other home hair colors I've used, perhaps because it's supposed to work in 10 minutes. I haven't found it to be a real timesaver, though, because it doesn't rinse out very fast at all. It could be that my water doesn't get along with the formula rather than any problem with the product, but since I'm not moving or getting new water piped in, I'm going to go back to hair color that I don't have to rinse and rinse and then rinse some more. Even when I thought I'd gotten it all out, I saw color in the water as I was rinsing out the conditioner.

on 5/14/2011 8:10:00 PM

I liked the color but the application and the color comb was a little weird to use. The consistency was very drippy and messy. I do like the way the color turned out and it did cover my grays well. I tried this because I LOVE the Clariol root touch up and I wanted the colors to match perfectly. Unfortunately, I wasn't as impressed with the Perfect 10 as I am with the root touch up.

on 5/9/2011 10:57:00 AM

Color was fine but it faded in just a couple of washings. Would not repurchase.

I coloured my hair with 5A Medium Brown (medium ash brown) 2 days ago. Wow, so happy with the results - it's better than a salon colour and I have been to 3 different salons in the past few months to try and remove the red, brassy tones from my hair since a hairdresser did a bleach bath and made it go orange!

The last hairdresser had to add a green tone to the dye to counteract the red; it was nice at first, but as it faded I could see a green tinge to it! So far with Perfect 10 I can't see the red at all in natural light - there is a slight bit when I am directly under and artificial light, but it is not the orange colour it was before.

NOTE: the dye will be DARKER than the colour stated on the box - i.e. dark brown will turn out black and medium brown will be dark brown. I am so glad I did medium, as I nearly went for the dark brown and would have ended up black!

I really hope this colour lasts - I'll let you know. My salon ones have only been lasting approx 2 weeks and then my hair has been fading back to the brassy colour; I've been told that that could be due to how porous (sp?) my hair is.

Well worth the money: I got three dyes for the price of two - worked out approx 5 for each - as opposed to 35 in a salon.

I

on 5/2/2011 5:38:00 PM

I bought this in 'Dark Auburn' - the box showed a lovely deep red/brown, I'm sitting here looking alarmingly ginger. It's aggressively lightened my hair from it's natural dark brown colour (I just wanted to add some red tones) and while it's not an awful colour, it's NOT what I wanted or expected.

However that's not the worst thing about this product. It's really tricky to use owing to a much runnier texture than other dyes I've tried, it's a good job I covered the floor with an old towel as it dripped everywhere. I've never had any kind of reaction to hair dye, but my scalp feels slightly itchy and sore and I'm really worried I'll wake up tomorrow with weeping sores or something. Yeuch.

The only good points are the packaging, which is nicely designed, and the conditioner, which smells lovely. However I just would NOT use this again, or suggest anyone else does. It's really harsh. I'll stick to L'Oreal in the future.

on 4/29/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I love the one in Darkest Brown (Off Black, Brown-Black, Midnight Brown; whatever name you prefer to call it).

It goes on smoothly and every strand is saturated. Only takes 10 minutes. But if you want a much deeper color leave in for another 10 more minutes.

CON: It's very drippy and does create quite a mess. So, have a lot of old towels out and wear a very old, stained up shirt before you start coloring. Very messy.

on 4/23/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i originally had dark blonde hair, but had ginger/red tones in as i bleached it twice to try and go back to blonde but failed!!
so then i tried perfect 10 6.5 A lightest cool brown, which is basically like a dark blonde with a bit of brown in and i like this alot!
as it is like my natural colour abit ....
i would deffintly reccomend people to use this colour as it is really natural, and quite unusual 1q..
but still i am having a problem!
i put the dye on last week(6.5A) and now i have to redo the ends of my har, but i am worried if my ends go darker than my roots as my ends are abit gingery, some one help me please thanks x

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have dyed my hair since I was 11, and I can quite honestly say this is the worst hair dye I have ever used. Although it says permanent, it blatantly isn't. This washed out of my hair within a month, wasn't even black (I purchased a black one), even though I followed all the instructions to a t (I even test for allergies before I dye my hair).
While I was dying my hair I always have the door open, but even with the door open the smell almost made me be sick, I just couldnt breathe and just constantly had to run to the window because it is a stupidly strong chemical smell, that makes the air so thick! I try not to dye my hair too often because I don't want to damage it, which is why I was excited about the idea of a 10 minute solution, however this was overpriced and a waste of money!

on 4/11/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In my experience, most home hair colors are either too ashy or turn brassy after a while... but not this one! Number 8 is my go-to haircolor. It is not too blonde, nor too dark and does no fade. I even had trouble with fading/brassiness after professional hair coloring, and this stuff holds up way better (plus it saves me so much time and money) !

I don't use the comb thingy, it's much easier to apply with my hands. I don't know why this is sightly more expensive than other home kits (almost 17$ Canadian), so I knocked a lippie off.

Popular Hair Color Products