Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.3

on 8/10/2011 11:05:00 AM

I started using this product in Light Auburn more than 2 years ago, because I love the fact that it's fast and this shade of Light Auburn is really the shade I want. Problem is, the packaging on this product is so unnecessary--formed plastic, paper, so much waste that doesn't need to happen. I'm sure it's one reason why the product costs so much more than regular hair dye, and I don't want to pay for that wastefulness. This could easily fit in a standard sized box and still be as effective, so I don't understand it unless it's part of the expensive branding.

Generally, I love the colour and the fact that the colour you see is the colour you get. None of the other "quick" competitors make as good a product--I had an experience with L'Oreal's Excellence Express in "light auburn" that left me with hair so dark it was purple black, apparently it's what a lot of women experience with that product. I had to call L'Oreal and make them pay to correct that colour mistake, and that took some doing--but it also meant waiting another year before I got the colour I wished to have again.

I like the fact that it does cover greys beautifully, and I only use it to do root touch ups every 3 weeks, so my hair is not wrecked by the experience. The colour stays true and lasts--rare for red shades in general. But I can't figure out why it costs so much either and suspect a lot of that cost could be dropped in favour of saner packaging.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like the modern packaging and the shade selection for brunettes is nice. My fav is medium ash brown which is like a dark brown at first but fades into a nice rich brown shade. I honestly do not mind it being dark at first. The conditioner smells like coconuts and leaves my hair soft and healthy. I like using half of the tube to make up for any dryness the dye may have caused. 10minutes is such a dream too compared to sitting around for 30minutes. Perfect 10 is the best dye overall for me.

on 8/3/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First time using a boxed dye, new to Korea and didn't know where to get my hair done. I purchased this in light brown... Love the color, helped with the red roots, very even color. Brush nozzle really helped with the application. Works very fast. Only complaint is the conditoner that comes with this product. Caused major build up in my hair. Crown felt sticky/gummy YUCK!! Searched online and there has been many complaints. Guess some batches were not good because others rave of the conditioner. Well continue to use this product and skip the conditioner, until I find a colorist here.

on 8/2/2011 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

At first I loved this stuff. The color was great and my hair was shiny and lovely. Buuuut with every use the color lasted for shorter and shorter periods of time. Now my hair is brassy and feels like straw (and I have seriously hard to kill hair). I will never ever use this stuff again!

on 7/16/2011 8:22:00 PM

I used Medium Ash Brown. Great product, not runny at all. Did its job in 10 min as stated and the colour sticks and is gorgeous.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this product twice, the first time with lightest blonde and the second with medium blonde.
i am naturally a medium ash blonde and when i used the lightest blonde it considerably lightened my hair but was also slightly yellow. The yellow faded after a couple of weeks but so did the lightness and my hair got darker.
a few months later i have my natural medium ash roots and decide i want to get rid of the roots and try a more natural colour as well as wanting a change. I got the medium blonde which i would actually say is a dark blonde that is neutral. the colour didn't turn out as dark but blended my roots and the rest of my hair together. The colour is quite ashy too but i like it, it is slightly darker than my natural colour.
the application is very easy in my opinion, the comb applicator makes it so simple i don't even have to section my thick hair i just comb it through and massage it through at the end.
the smell isn't too bad but the lighter colour did sting my eyes a bit, just make sure you open all your windows.
it only takes 10 minutes to process so very quick to do.
overall, i like the dye as the colours come out similar to expected which is not always true to home dyes. It is a little pricer than some home dyes.
the only criticism is that it takes ages to rinse out and the first time i used to i was halfway through dring my hair and noticed it was so sticky underneath at the back so i had to go back and wash my hair. didn't have the same problem the second time though.
i would recommend :D

EDIT: COLOUR WASHED OUT WITHIN A 2 WEEKS SO A WASTE OF TIME BASICALLY. IF YOU WANT A WASH IN WASH OUT COLOUR IT IS FINE BUT THE PRODUCT CLAIMS TO LAST 6 WEELS AND BE PERMANENT :(

on 6/25/2011 12:01:00 PM

I can honestly say this is the WORST OTC dye I have ever used. I uaully use Garnier but I thought i would give this a shot. I have dark brown, almost black hair and I went for the 'Suddenly Sable' darkest brown color.

I was a little annoyed at the price but I figured it must be worth it due to the time I would save with it being only a 10 minute processing time. How WRONG I was!!!!

As others have said once you've got it ready to use and start putting it on your hair the consistency is very runny. It doesn't hold or stick to your hair but runs down your face, especially when you do the hairline sections.

The number 1 reason I will never buy this product again is because of the time it took to rinse the color out. I rinsed for a GOOD 15 minutes (which is way more than I usually need to with other brands) and I still thought I could see a faint trace of color in the shower. Sure enough I got out and wrapped my hair up in a white towel no less and saw that there was purple patches on the towel. I am so mad!!!

I had to go back in the shower, rinse again for 10 minutes, and wash my hair! Something you should never have to do at this stage. Even after all this - a total of 25 minutes rinsing, and a second hair washing there was still a tiny bit of purple residue on another towell.

If I could give this a 0 rating I would! Sure you save time with the 10 minutes processing but you more than triple make up for that in rinsing. DON'T waste your money on this awful product!!

I intend to senfd a picture of my towell and demand a full refund.

Clairol sucks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I always color my hair at home because that is what I can afford. I've tried a lot of drugstore dyes, maybe even all of them. Here is a quick overall pro list of this product:
*It does what it claims and the color is same as what the box says
*Colors roots same shade as hair; non brassy
*Is not messy; the least messiest dye I have ever used
*Ease of application
*Helpful instructions
*Time saving
*Great results and overall value.

Here is my in-depth review: I bought this after reading a great review on a beauty blog. The color I chose is Medium Ash Brown. I am naturally ash blonde but choose to dye my hair dark. One problem I've had with drugstore dyes is that the brown shades can run brassy and sometimes leave my blonde roots red and the rest very dark. When you open the package, there are several things: the bottle of dye, the tube of the actual color, a separate plastic brush head applicator, a generous big tube of conditioner, and of course, the instructions and a pair of gloves. I'll break everything down: the gloves fit great and weren't that awful cheap saran wrap texture, but smooth and sort of thick so it allowed more grip. First you empty the color dye into the bottle that looks like the regular one you use: with the cap you cover with one hand while you shake. What's great about this is that you don't need to break the cap open until you've shaken it up because you will use the brush applicator to apply instead! The instructions were very clear to shake for at least 20 seconds which I found helpful. Then I removed the top of the bottle cap and there literally WAS NO MESS. Messiness is one of the worst cons of coloring your hair at home, especially with dark dyes which is what I use. I then applied the brush applicator which is bigger than I expected, and not flimsy at all. It screws on very tight and doesn't feel like it wobbles or will come off. I then started at my roots. My hair is very fine and straight; but I recommend brushing your hair first to get rid of tangles. The brush end of this is very strong and will do a good job though. I squeezed to apply the color to my roots. Another thing I noticed about this compared to other drugstore dyes is that the brunette shades appear clear when I first apply on my roots; this was already the brown shade I wanted and it made me feel relieved I didn't have to wait to watch my roots turn color. I love the fact that you have to squeeze the dye out and it doesn't just run out or have a runny texture, this holds really well and yet again is another factor to why it isn't messy like other dyes. I applied all my roots first and the brush allowed my to really get in between sections that I can get when using other drugstore dye bottles. After my whole head was applied, I let it sit for a little over 10 minutes just to be sure it got dark enough but I'm sure you could go for only 10 especially if you already have dark hair. The smell isn't chemically at all; it smells like grape candy to me. In my opinion, the conditioner smells way better; like coconuts. I have to state again; I got no drips, no mess, and whatever I got on my skin was easy to remove because of the dyes thick texture. I let the conditioner sit on my hair for a long time and applied all over. It left my hair very shiny and detangled so I could run my fingers all the way down without tangles. The big gold star for me was that it actually turned my roots dark instead of red and my whole head was an even, consistent medium ash brown; exactly like what the box said. Now the price is 9.99, a little more than what other drugstore dyes are. For me it is worth every penny; for the results, the no mess factor, the time saving with only needing 10 minutes, the precise instructions, and the overall value. YES it is a perfect 10. I recommend to anyone who wants to color their hair at home or for a lower price than salon and with great results.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This dye was pretty decent. I used Medium Brown and I really loved the color outcome. I left the color in for around 11 mins and my hair wasn't at all dried out. My only real complaint is, I didn't get 100% gray coverage. Some of my grays turned to a light, golden brown (like the color of beer) rather than medium brown.

I used the Perfect 10 color in Darkest Brown, and yes, it was definitely the darkest brown and looked black right after coloring. I naturally have lighter/medium brown hair and had lots of highlights, so I was more golden colored or blondish brown before using the color. I definitely wanted a big change and love my hair very dark, but it was still a super big change! At first I was a little shocked and decided to try to fade it by using Dawn dish soap. I definitely kept having color coming off in the shower and didn't get the water to run clear for some time! In the end though, although dark, I loved the color and got used to it quickly (and yes, I was able to fade it a tiny bit where it did look like Darkest Brown).

I love that the color is fast to use! I had chest length hair and used 2 boxes. Some of my highlights peaked through in a few spots, but it overall colored most of my layered, thicker hair. I thin my hair a lot with thinning shears, but with the length, I still need 2 boxes. Right after rinsing out the color, my hair felt a little dry and I got concerned, but it felt great after I used the conditioner and felt very silky. It looked nice and shiny after drying.

It definitely didn't seem like a permanent color to me, because after a while, my hair was similar to what the Light Brown box looks like, with bits of gold! It definitely faded a lot on me, but at least it was a month or so with the darker color. It faded evenly as well.

I'd definitely consider using it again, although I'm torn on what color I should use. I would like it just a tad lighter than next time, so I'd consider Dark Brown, but it sounds like that one still comes out more black. I'm concerned that Medium Brown would leave hints of gold in it, even the ash, because that tends to happen with me. I would just start out with a lighter shade than you expect, and you can always go darker! Oh and the smell did bother me (mostly how you have the mild scent of lingering dye ANYTIME you dye your hair though - and how that lasts until at least your next shampoo), but I'm very sensitive to certain scents and am migraine-prone, so I don't think it would be bad to the average person! Last time the lingering scent of dye was bothering me (after washing the dye out and drying and styling it), I went to bed with my dry hair wrapped in a towel (so I wouldn't smell it) and it helped very much!