Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the best OTC hair color I've used. Even my hairdresser-- who isn't happy that I color my own, but understands I'm both too cheap and too lazy to have it done professionally-- mentioned that my color looked much better after using this product.

The applicator, with a brush top, is great. I've been able to distribute the color more evenly. With the conventional applicators, I always miss spots, but with the Perfect 10 one I actually get color everywhere.

The 10-minute processing time is great, and this covers my fairly resistant grays. I've had issues with Garnier and L'Oreal colors not working on my grays (which is the reason I color!), so I'm totally happy on that front.

And, I also like the color. Shade #2, Darkest Brown, is just that. Not black, but the closest thing to black that is still brown, and without any red. It's definitely not black-- I have had black hair enough in my life to know!-- but as someone who constantly thinks my hair color is too light, I really like this color.

Full gray coverage, even application, and quick processing time: that all means I'm willing to spend a few dollars more. It's still cheaper than the salon. continued >>

on 10/28/2011 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I know that normally this is quite high priced for a DIY color but got it on clearance for less than $3 @ Walgreens.
PLUS, IT WAS IN MY PERFECT COLOR!!

I also got 2 'John Frieda' foam kits at the same time on clearance, again in my color.

This is the best my hair has ever turned out, including in shops. When I use up my 2 'John Friedas', will definitely be buying this brand, at whatever cost.

The color turned out perfectly, true to the box, even covering the gray around my face.

It only took 10 min. and this is the 1st time our bathroom doesn't look like someone had the 'runs' all over the walls and floor. (The DH will be so pleased when he gets home from work.lol)

I didn't find the odor too offensive either, but did run the BR fan.

I guess, I got a great deal but now realize that you DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. AND FROM NOW ON WILL BE WILLING TO PAY THE $12, FULL PRICE FOR IT IN THE FUTURE.

I had a horrible coloring experience in July using 'Clairol's Nice N Easy Foam'. The light auburn turned out almost black with purplish tinges in it. HORRIBLE! I swore I'd never buy another 'Clairol' product again, but this has changed my mind. (When my hair got all screwed up in July, Clairol sent me a coupon for a box of their semi-permanent 'Herbal Essences', to try to make up for it.

I can only hope that they don't D/C this color. That would be my luck.

If something changes with this review, such as the color not staying or my hair condition going bad, will edit it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have tried a lot of the DIY colors, but this is my fave. Wish they would bring back Medium Golden Blonde, but I have used its equivalent since then and gotten similar results. I have light brown hair and this just brings out blonde highlights (and covers the evil grays). Doesn't smell bad, works fast and looks great. I've never had any bad reactions to this one (Nice N Easy burns for me), but you have to test it on your own skin to find out.

on 10/6/2011 11:22:00 AM

I used the Perfect 10 in Lightest Cool Brown for my review. For reference, my hair was previously a darkish strawberry blonde color that had too much orange for my liking. It wasn't super noticable, but there was a definite orange tint, which is why I wanted a cool color to counteract it. My hair is also rather dry and porous, and is rather wavy.

Anyway, as for the application, I rather liked the comb attachment, although I didn't use it for the whole head. I felt that the comb helped me to get my roots better than I normally can on my own. After color was on my roots, though, it didn't really help much as I tried to pull the comb through the rest of my hair. It just wound up getting tangled, so I took it off and used the other attachment and my hands to work it through the rest of my hair. This dye was a little messy, but not really any messier than most other brands of dye that I've tried. It's just more of a liquid than a cream, so keep that in mind and protect the counter and your skin.

I left the dye on for 6 minutes instead of 10 because I didn't want my hair to get too dark, plus I took a little longer than I figured most people might putting the color on my hair. Once I got into the shower, it took about the average time to rinse out of my hair. I then used the conditioner (which I really liked, by the way), left it on for 3 or 4 minutes, and rinsed.

My hair color is now EXACTLY what I wanted it to be! I'm so thrilled. It's a neutral medium brown color with just a tiny bit of gold. The cool tones did an excellent job of evening out that yucky orange, and truth be told, this color looks like my natural hair color, only a bit darker. I've never found a light brown dye yet that doesn't make my hair pull somewhat warm, but this one did the trick. It's lovely and rich. I agree with another reviewer who said that Perfect 10 leaves the hair with tons of dimension. After a few washes, the subtle highlights come out. It's lovely, even better than I think my stylist could have done!

Since I've only had my hair dyed for about a week, I don't know about fading yet. If it does occur, I may have to modify my review. But so far, I am THRILLED! This stuff is worth the extra cost in my book!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am suprised by the bad reviews for this hair color. I have been using this every (3-4) months for the past (2) years to color my dark brown hair jet black. Its easy, quick, and it lasts longer than (6) weeks for me. I also like the conditioner that it comes with as well.

on 10/2/2011 6:35:00 PM

Meh. It's very runny, stung and smelled really harsh. My mother helped me. I've colored my own hair before, but this is so messy, I could never with this. I bought it in medium auburn (auburn flash) and thought I'd get a nice Emma Stone dark red like the box. I have naturally medium to almost dark brown hair (Like Natalie Portman's color, I guess) and this just made my hair brown still, but with alarmingly red highlights. I feel it deposited more at the roots. Took awhile to wash out too. I love the conditioner and my hair.is softer and shinier than before. I haven't washed it yet with shampoo, so maybe it will look more natural. I have a feeling this is gonna fade fast though. It wasn't enough of a change to my natural haircolor. I feel like I kinda wasted my time and money.

on 9/25/2011 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nah...I was hoping to achieve the color listed on the side of the packaging, but this really did nothing at all for my hair. The roots lifted a bit lighter, but the next day, I noticed they looked brassy and reddish. Not sure why this happens, but I guess that's what you get from trying to achieve multi-toned, beautiful color from a box. You get what you pay for :(

on 9/25/2011 10:16:00 AM

I use the light ash blonde, and it's beautiful. Sometimes, especially in the winter, I like to go a bit dirtier blonde and I buy medium blonde shade and that works very well too. This hair dye has the most dimension I've ever seen, people compliment my hair and ask me where I've had it done or how I get it so shiny. I've been using this exclusively for over to two years now and I don't bother trying other brands that may not give me the color or dimension I want. I die it every month, i don't wait 6 or more weeks as i hate the look of my roots, so if I feel like the length of my hair doesn't need much more color, i leave it on my roots for 6 mins and then run it through the rest for the remaining 3-4 mins. This allows me to slightly refresh the color with minimal damage. I don't know how to darker shades work, but the blondes are fabulous.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I hated this dye. I got medium ash brown and it came out the harshest inky looking unnatural shade of dark brown.Everytime I washed my hair there was dye still coming out for the next week after using it. I think it just coats ur hair like a stain instead of really coloring it. I ended up putting a bunch of blonde highlights to get rid of the ugly harsh color this gave me.

on 9/5/2011 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For an at-home hair color, average. However, for the way it is advertised as "professional at home color" and for the pricing compared to other dyes (11-$12 a box), a much worse outcome than I had expected. I believe I used the "Light Ash Brown" shade. Ultimately, the color came out well. It was a very natural looking brown which counteracted the brassiness of my hair from the havoc the summer had done to my locks after about three months of not dyeing it (I had it highlighted and lightened in a salon at the beginning of the summer) and I wanted a cool yet natural looking shade that would match my natural hair color closely and wouldn't wash me out. Though the shade looked nice and it took a short amount of time to leave in, the hassle was not worth the result. The box came with two nozzles, a regular tipped one and a comb one. The regular tip was much easier to use. The formula wasn't particularly messy or drippy as with other Clairol dyes I've used, and you do get quite a bit of product in the bottle, (I usually have to buy two boxes because my hair reaches the middle of my back and is very thick) but I was lucky enough to be able to cover my head, though I did use it sparingly on each section. Now for the serious cons: it is ammonia free, which isn't much of a plus since most dyes now boast that but for being supposedly less harsh this product burned my eyes so badly I had to take off the gloves and wash my hands several times to wipe my eyes and apply eye drops. And as for the smell-- it was THE worst. I have encountered harsh dye smells as most women have when dyeing their hair but the smell was absolutely horrific. I had to open all of the windows in my bathroom, leave the door open & turn my vent fan on and I still felt as if I was going to pass out throughout the entire process; I could practically taste the chemicals! Though I did like the result I got with this product my satisfaction was very short lived, I noticed the color started fading drastically within a week of using the product, which I could expect from a demi or even semi permanent dye but definitely not from a permanent. My hair ended up looking redder than before after about two weeks. All in all, I would much rather buy two boxes of another hair dye than get less product and a bad result. I do not recommend this product for the price. If it were $7-$8, maybe, but for $12 at Walmart this was a huge disappointment.

Popular Hair Color Products