Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.3

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I had a coupon/rebate so i took the chance on this - I will not purchase again. I got medium brown, which turned my hair very very dark brown - it got my grays, but they are not as dark as the rest of my hair, the best part of this is the conditioner it does make my hair very soft and i noticed a lot of shine - however the formula stained my skin much worse than other hair colors, i usually am able to wipe it off my ears and hairline and face after application without looking like i have a dark purple birthmark all over my face/ears, but this stuff hits your skin and does not wipe off. I much prefer the Coulour Experte with the highlights to this, i will not buy this again. the amount of product was just enough for my wavy hair that hits my shoulders, and the applicator with the comb top did not work with my waves at all.

I agree w/most of the other reviews: not enough product for someone w/shoulder length hair, the comb was difficult to use on curly hair & my gray roots were an obviously different shade than the rest of my hair.
Terrible.
Who are the women they tested this stuff on? Maybe those with short, straight, non-gray hair?

on 2/15/2008 7:05:00 PM

The applicator was the best part of this purchase. I'll keep it and use it again. Considering all the hype about this product, I didn't find the color great at all. My biggest complaint is that my roots ended up much lighter than the rest, even though both my current and new color were almost exactly the same. What a dissapointment.

on 2/15/2008 1:54:00 AM

Eh...I have had in the past my cousin do my color, but times got tough and even with family discount it was cheaper to do myself from Sally's. But I have quite a grey/white part (at only 36!) and it's hard to get it to be the same color as my hair not bright.

I HAD high hopes for this, thank goodness I had a coupon and it has a rebate! The comb I didn't mind, actually made it go on faster, I don't like those pointy nozzles, they seem to scratch my head. The smell was eye watering though, whewy!!! I colored for 15 minutes (due to the grey hair), my hair was STRAW when I rinsed out. The conditioner helped make it soft again, but the smell of that was awful. Like when you get a clean porta potty, that awful "can't smell the poop in the hole" spray/urinal cakes they put in their.

My hair was okay colored (used the light auburn) but my roots are still brighter, grrrr. Won't use again.

One package was not enough for my barely shoulder length hair. I used medium blonde on my 30% grey medium to dark golden blonde hair. The color was pretty good but seemed to lift lighter than expected. No brassiness. The biggest caveat was that after 12 min on my hair it barely covered any grey. So, because that was mostly the point I won't buy again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was excited about using this, I used the Light Ash brown, I loved how the color looked.. My hair is past my shoulders, the container was small and i barely got it covered all my hair. i would need another bottle. I left it on for 15 minutes to cover the small amount of greys i have. It felt tingly on my scalp, The clor came out mutch lighter than expected, my greys were not covered.
Had to buy another brand and dye my hair again,

Dont use if you have greys,white hairs.

on 2/4/2008 7:07:00 PM

I got this in the Medium Ash Brown to match my haircolor and tone down the brassiness I get from the high iron water in my house. I applied this according to the directions exactly (roots 1st, with comb applicator). The comb was really hard to work with but I completed the process with it. If you have longer than shoulder length or thick hair you may need 2 bottles, I just barely covered my whole head. When my hair was dry I noticed really uneven color deposition. My roots were very light and there were spots all over my hair that were almost black. I blame this entirely on the comb applicator which tangled my hair and left more dye in some spots. I washed my hair right away in hopes I could fade down the dark areas. No luck but even with an immediate wash with no conditioner my hair wasn't dry at all. Next time I will throw out the comb and not leave it longer on the root area. I will keep using this since where the product was applied evenly the color is very close to what the box indicates and the condition of my hair after coloring is great, no dryness, tangles etc. And my little bits of gray are well covered and three weeks later have not peeked out at all. The color has mellowed and evened a bit but has not turned brassy at all. The color is not at all flat and has a nice range of tones. I think once I get the application down this will be a HG.

I was so excited about using this much hyped up product which is supposed to be a breakthru in haircolor technology. Well I have mixed feelings about it, first problem I usually use a dk.neutral blond haircolor on my med. brown hair (greying)- i want to go a bit ligher than my original color and i find even if i use a lt. brown it is much darker than i would like, not alot of color choices. My biggest problem with haircolor is no matter which brand i've used they seem to fade out in about 2-3 weeks (up to now nice and easy gray solution has had the most staying power) but i hate the strong smell and i have to mix two shades together to get the color i want. I couldn't wait to try this and was in need of a touch-up, the lt. brown looked VERY dark on the box so i tried the next lighter neutral color (i tend to get brassy which i hate) which was a med. ash blond. The company claims it has no harsh odor which is not true, it may be slightly less caustic smelling than other haircolors but not much. Also for the price it would be nice if they gave you enough to cover your hair, i have shoulder length hair and it barely made it. also the comb was worthless on my wavy hair, plus i think the angle you need to hold it at to apply , it didn't come out well so i just gave up and used the reg. applicator. Rinsed out nice, conditioner smelled good. However as it dried i noticed that it did not at all cover all my greys even though i left it on the extra 5 mins. as suggested for resistant greys for a total of 15 mins. Maybe if i try again i will try the lt. brown and leave it on for 20 mins. although the supposedly shorter amt. of time you had to leave it on was part of the appeal of the product, they also state long lasting color (the jury is still out on that one) and superiour grey coverage (which did not happen in my case). I prob. will give it one more chance and do some tweaking to the procedure). I REALLY wanted to like this product. I wish some company would get haircolor right!!!

on 1/27/2008 7:54:00 PM

I thought I would try this to save time. I usually use a competitors brand and leave it on my resistant greys for an hour. I left the perfect 10 on for 25 minutes. The directions said NO longer than 15 minutes- but- I know my hair and how resistant my greys are. It is nice smelling- but much more runny than my other haircolor I was use to. I just used the tip that came with it- as I was only touching up my roots. It also comes with a comb -( I would not think that would work so well on my long hair.) I noticed my scalp burned a little bit after applying the color- not bad but noticeably stinging. The stinging stopped after a few minutes. That was the only down side to the product. The color is good- covered the greys as well as the competitors in less time. The cost might keep me from using it all the time- a bit pricey.

on 1/26/2008 10:38:00 PM

I generally color my hair medium to dark auburn, but the only red shade in this line is Light Auburn. The swatches on the box appeared similar to my current shade, so I thought I'd give it a try. The kit comes with the standard squeeze tip applicator and a small comb in applicator. I was really excited to try the comb applicator because I have a store bought one that I really like, but the holes were not in the comb tips (the color comes out about and inch or so above the comb tips), and trying to use this tip was very messy. I ended up switching to the other tip, and the application was very easy and it smelled really good. I left it on for 15 minutes to help cover the stubborn grays. It washed out very easily, and I liked the conditiner that comes with it. Overall, I liked this hair color, but they really need more red shades.

Popular Hair Color Products