Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.3

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Just colored with the perfect 10 shade 5A-medium ash brown for the first time and am very happy with the results. It is the only at home color that covered my grays thoroughly-others have covered the gray but the color was much lighter on the gray than the rest. This one colored the gray making the grays the same color as the rest of my hair. (although I did have to reapply at the root above my forehead) . Used to use Feria, but they don't have a color similar to this one. The conditioner appears to make my hair nice and shiny, but will probably use my usual conditioners after my next wash.
True to color-no red highlights as with most brown shades even the ash ones.
Will report back after a couple of weeks as to how long this lasts.

on 10/28/2012 2:06:00 PM

I purchased and used this product specifically to try for LOWLIGHTS in my hair, not all over colour. I thought I would share my experience in case anyone was thinking of trying the same thing. I used 6WN - light chocolate brown. My natural colour is light brown mousey on the warm side, with some silvery grey. I don't do all over colour - in the salon I get highlights/lowlights. I got this kit to tide me over because my girl was all booked up and I *needed* a colour boost for an upcoming trip. I picked this particular kit because of the comb applicator. My plan was to just 'streak" some colour through my hair with the comb, and just let it sit like that (rather than following the instructions and mixing it all through my hair).

Generally speaking, the process was easy, and my hair turned out well conditioned. I DID achieve a lowlight look. Although I just "streaked" the colour on, I still seem to have ended up with a lot of my hair coloured. Some of my old highlights and my grey streaks still show through, which is what I wanted. (My highlights are about two and a half months old).

In some areas (virgin hair/roots in particular) I got a definite red coming through. I don't mind that because I know my hair has that "lean" to it. I also know that in my case, this red effect tones down very quickly. It's not an issue for me but I mention because it may be undesirable for others.

I gave this kit four stars because it did what I wanted. I knew I wasn't going to get quite the same effect as salon foils so I didn't have super high expectations to begin with It is also just a "tide-me-over" for a month until I go for my usual highlight/lowlight at the salon. So, all that considered, I'm happy with the result.

For what it's worth, once I had the colour on I got completely terrified that it was going to look horrible (I was not using it according to directions after all, so no one to blame but myself if it bombed).... so yes I definitely had my moment of panic. However it did come out acceptably well for me - no tears, no emergency calls to the salon! (I don't normally write such long reviews but I wanted to describe my experience for anyone who was thinking of trying the same thing).

Oh, and I indicated that I would not purchase again, but that is only because I normally don't dare colour my hair at home, and I don't plan on doing this all the time. (I posted some photos of during the process and the after result on my profile page, for anyone who wants to see the outcome).

on 10/17/2012 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dyed my hair at home before as well as at the salon but hadn't in a few years and had my natural medium/dark brown hair back. I just used this in "Darkest Brown" and am pleased with the results. Lots of reviews said it turned their hair black. It's definitely very dark but not black - the darkest brown before black. I left it on for less than 10 minutes though so maybe that's why. I started putting it on at 8:53 and was washing it out around 8:59 and it's fully saturated color. If you are afraid of it being black, I would recommend leaving it on for a little less! It did not produce the annoying reddish highlights that a lot of dark brown box kits do, however I don't the verdict is still out on fading...

overall great result!

on 9/28/2012 11:33:00 PM

Ok I hardly ever write reviews, but this is an exceptional product. Use as directed please apply to roots add conditioner to your previously dyed hair fill the remaining bottle with water, shake mix and apply. I used butterscotch boom on my brassy red hair and it neutralized the red and I was left with gorgeous salon like color! Brilliant! Do not leave on for more than 10 minutes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have used NUmerous OTC hair dyes, & not one of them worked as well as Perfect 10 to cover my grays, nor did they come close to matching my own hair color like this dye has. I start by doing the roots, then add dye to remaining hair. 10 minutes later I have all over perfect color, with no reddish brown tint. I'm a level 4 dark brown with a slight red tone to my hair, & this dye covers that completely.

I had no adverse reaction to this dye, but for those who are trying it the 1st time, do a patch test like you're told to do! Dont come back & blame the product for scalp irritation, when you didn't do a patch test!

I apply the barrier cream by Sally Beauty around my hairline, neckline & ears. That stuff is amazing as it actually dries on your skin, blocking all dye from staining your skin.

I see many reviews from women who say this & other hair dyes leave their hair coarse & dry. Why? Because dying opens the cuticle of the hair! The cuticle needs sealed after dying. I use Joico cuticle sealer after I rinse the dye from my hair. I do not shampoo first before using the sealer, & niether did my stylist when she used it. Leave the sealer on 5 mins, rinse well, then apply your conditioner. Do not skip your conditioner after a cuticle sealer! Not only will your hair feel like silk, your color is now sealed in & will last a very long time if you use sulfate free shampoo & conditioner.

I was paying $60 for salon dying, & I have short hair. I get just as good if not better results now with Perfect 10. So the price of this hair dye to me, is well worth it. And buy that Joico cuticle sealer, if you are an at home hair dyer!

After several days reading reviews and after many disasters with other products i decided to take a chance with this brand and i'm glad i did.My natural hair colour is dark blonde/light brown with light ends,i used to go to a salon to get highlights but it is expensive and many times ended up in tears as they very seldom get it right.So after months dying my hair at home and with brassy tired looking roots which made me look haggard i had enough and this morning i bought Clairol perfect 10 9A light ash blonde and turned out exactly as it shows on the box.Very natural looking,not too dark not too light,it has lifted the colour from the roots without turning brassy,orange or red,and blends perfectly with the lenghts,if you are looking for platinum blonde this is not the product for you,if you want natural light blonde hair this is it! when i applied the colour my hair felt dry,it was already dry from previous disasters,but after rinsing it and applying the conditioner my hair is now softer than i can remember.I'm very happy with the results and will be using this product from now on.Thank you perfect 10!

on 9/5/2012 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Had to write a review on this one. I am very impressed. First of all, I love that it only takes 10 minutes as I have no patience for anything. It is a bit strong but it has to work double duty I suppose.
I got light brown (chocolate shake) I wanted a good base color for future highlights and I also wanted to cover up my gross current faded golden brown which had become a murky gross nothing shade.
I Left it on 10 minutes, while washing it out it did feel a tad dry but after applying the gorgeous conditioner (which does smell like coconuts btw) my hair was soft and manageable, so easy to comb through and blowed dry to a very shiny, healthy looking head of hair. The colour was dark but no darker than any other box dye, they always are a tad on the dark side at first because they will fade. This was no darker than I was expecting and i love the colour. In a weeks time it will be perf. I would use this again. P.|S. I would also like to add that I can't believe how heatlhy this makes my hair feel, even days after. Normally I find hair colour coats my hair and makes it feel sticky or staticky or something. This still just feels glossy and healthy.
Like others have mentioned, I am also very impressed by the dimmension it gives my hair. I always hate how flat box dye can make your hair look but this stuff is beautiful and very natural-looking.

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

I usually use Schwarzkopf live xxl, but yesterday I just couldn't be bothered with the 30 mins waiting around. So I saw this on offer in Superdrug for 5 and got it in shad 2, Black. Now I know these usually show up darker, but this ain't a problem for me with black being my colour of choice lol. Anyways, LOVE the application comb to use first and then I switch over to the nozzle to get right to the roots. I've noticed this formula is reaaaaaallllllllly creamy, and you seem to get more product than the Schwarzkopf one. Anyhow, after ten mins, I rinsed it off, to believable colour, no tell-tale staining of the scalp and then used the generous tube of colour conditioner. This is supposedly a 6 weekly treatment amount but I think it'll last me 3 weeks. My hair was amazingly soft, shiny and naturally coloured! Love it, and I think I will start using this instead of the live xxl!!!!

Wholly recommend!

on 6/23/2012 12:12:00 PM

Switched to Light Auburn 6R to save money. I see this award-winning colourist who gives me a *deal* at 100$ a pop on basic, single process colour on very short hair (and that's only because I have been a client for YEARS and followed her around when she moved salons, etc).

Let me tell you: this is the ONLY drugstore colour that has EVER come close to (or might even be a little better than! gasp!) the custom colour I have mixed for me at the salon. I did end up with slightly hot roots, but it was my fault. I left it on for like 30 minutes.

The light Auburn turns out a bit darker than the box, but not significantly so. The colour is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous (a perfect designer warm, medium red...none of that ugly blue red drugstore colours of this depth almost always end up being....bleh!) and hair is so soft after using the conditioner.

Even if it does end up fading (salon reds do, too, ladies....you have to use depositing products or just learn to accept it), at this price, I can afford to colour every two weeks! Love! Will repurchase!

on 6/10/2012 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product since it came out. It is rather pricey. It is easy to apply and works fast. I do have dark brown hair so I apply it to the front roots for 10 minutes, then apply it allover for 10 more. It is a good blend and does not easily stain the scalp. The smell is gentler than others too. The conditioner is amazing!
It lasts 4-6 weeks for me, and I have a lot of trouble with hair colors not lasting long so this is really good. By then I have new growth anyway.
It is the best product I have tried for over the counter products.
It is more costly than the others but being I apply it less often, it comes out rather even.

Popular Hair Color Products