Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

ABOUT ME: I have used this product approximately 8 times. Prior to that, I used regular Nice-n-Easy for 4 years. My hair is fine, thin and naturally dark blonde. I condition my hair like a fiend and it is in very good condition. I used the Medium Blonde and then switched to the new Light Golden Blonde.

I do not like this product for mulitple reasons 1) It is very drying, hair felt like it had lost body (somebody else said they felt it made their hair thin - I agree, and I have never experienced that with the regular Nice-n-Easy 2) The product fades very quickly, even with color preserving shampoos, 3) the color is very matte and flat - unlike the regular multitonal Nice-n-Easy, 4) It takes more that 10 minutes, even more than 15 minutes if you have stubborn greys, 5) this product is way too expensive.

on 4/17/2009 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this in Swift Chocolate (Medium Ash Brown) because I wanted to go back to my natural color. I left it on for about 12 minutes and I noticed that my roots, that were extremely ashy prior to coloring, pulled a subtle red tint. I thought I hadn't left it on long enough or that the color was slightly lighter than my roots, but the rest of my hair looks great. The root "red" isn't very noticeable, but I can see it in certain lighting. Overall, I am pleased with the color, but I'm disappointed that my hair feels dry and looks dull. I was hoping for the glossy color the product promised. UPDATE: The color has faded considerably within three weeks, my blonde highlights are peeking through, and my hair still looks and feels coarse and dry. I will not repurchase.

on 4/11/2009 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this is the best at home hair colour i've tried. unlike superior preference, which i rinsed out of my hair after about about 10 seconds because it looked so sketchy, i trust this product to always give me gorgeous, glossy colour. this time it's noticeably dyed parts of my skin around my hairline but i'm hoping that will fade within the next couple of days. the shades do run dark, but that's perfect for me. the medium brown is dark brown with a lot of warm tones to it, and the medium ash brown is just plain dark brown. the actual dark brown shade is a gorgeous colour but be careful... it definitely walks the line between dark brown and black. the big problem with this hair colour and the reason i tried - and was disappointed by - other brands is because it fades like crazy. within a few weeks i'm several shades lighter, even with various colour protecting shampoos and treatments. however, it's worth it for that first couple weeks of beautiful colour, and it's still cheaper than the salon. i recommend it to friends all the time and will continue to use it until i find something better.

on 3/24/2009 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This dye made my hair extremely dry. But that's not the worst of it! I bought the Medium Ash Brown and my hair turned out almost black, and very dull. I got my money back from the company and will never purchase it again.

You're supposed to leave it in for 10 minutes, but from my experience, it could've been left in a bit longer.. maybe 15 - 20 like ANY OTHER standard store-bought hair dye. The color (medium-brown) showed up nicely, though. It's been three weeks and the color hasn't faded yet.

on 3/10/2009 10:41:00 PM

wow, i thought i was one of the few who thought this stuff was drying...and i thought the idea was to minimize exposure time to prevent this! i used this the week i got remarried, ad my hair was pretty dry, to say the least. won't be a repeat consumer.

on 2/22/2009 7:21:00 PM

I tried this for the first time two weeks ago, and I really love it. Since it was the first time using it, I did my whole head and left it on for 10 minutes. I used the regular applicator tip first do get at the roots, and then the comb applicator to finish up. I think the comb applicator may take a bit to get used to, but it is nice that they provide both applicators so you have a choice. It covered the gray at my roots very well. I used medium brown, and I am very pleased at how rich the color is. I see no fading as of yet, my hair feels in great condition. The smell was fine. I went for a haircut a few days after I colored, and she wanted to know what I used. She was amazed--couldn't get over the richness of the color or the shine. It doesn't look like a solid mass of brown like I have become used to with home hair dye. It looks so natural and has different tones to it, really catches the light.

on 2/14/2009 3:46:00 PM

this dye is strange. i used the dark brown color and it is a beautiful color -my hair looked awsome, but after a couple of weeks it is fading totally uneven. there are...i dont know how to describe it...patches?streaks?chunks? that are way lighter than the rest of my hair. its weird looking. i think im gonna buy it again and give it another try cuz the color was so nice but we'll see if it fades all weird again...

So today I tried the "Perfect 10" in 5A, medium ash brown. I love dying my hair and have been engaging in this home activity for almost 15 years ... yikes that's along time. Anyways my review:
The packaging/system:
> Good quality gloves (bonus)
> Love that there is an easy cap to put on the bottle to mix the product up.
> Didn't like the comb feature. Too messy for my short hair.
> I have short thick hair and used the whole bottle. If (and when) my hair is longer (I'm growing it out), definitely would need to buy two to get full coverage.

The colouring product:
> The product mixed nicely into a good consistency, not to thick or too runny.
> It smelled like hair dye... what can I say... it stinks.
> I'm skeptical of only leaving it on for 10 minutes, therefore i gave it 15 minutes. By 15 minutes my scalp felt warm and a little burny.

Rinse/Conditioner:
> Rinsed out easily, but my hair felt very dry/straw-like, until I applied the conditioner.
>The conditioner felt awesome!! Smelled fantastic, like coconuts....mmmmm
> I don't see how it gives you 6 applications of conditioner. I LOVE conditioner, therefore applied half the tube and allowed it 15 minutes to soak in.

Results:
> Excellent shade of medium ash brown. No redness/brassiness.
> My hair feels great, as does my scalp.
> Colour delivered what was promised. It has been only 12 hours since i dyed my hair, after a few washes I'll update this review.

I gave the product and packaging 4 because it did take longer then 10 minutes and the comb sucked.

DAY 1: So I have washed my hair and I have noticed that the colour is BLOTCHY!!! Yikes!!! I have short hair so it is hard to conceal. I'm going to wait a week and then probably re-dye... and not with this product!

Day 5: Waiting patiently for a few more days before I colour over this horrific excuse for hairdye. My hair colour is blotchy and now brassy at the roots. **nice**

on 1/26/2009 12:40:00 AM

this is my favorite hair color. i use the light ash blonde. i have been coloring my hair for many years and this is the color i have always been looking for. its quick and easy to apply. sometimes its a little messy. the comb like tip spits color every where when the bottle is almost empty. it does not smell too strong either. it also covers the gray hairs i have. the conditioner makes my hair soft and smells good. i dont know what i would do if they stopped making this.