Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.2

on 1/22/2010 4:48:00 AM

I have naturally dark, ashy/mousy brown hair.
I use 4 (Dark Brown,) which is always sold out!
...Because it's the BEST!
At first, it comes out nearly black. But after 2 washes, it is so perfect, a soft dark brown. It's like Adriana Lima's color.
No reds or brass - just perfect brown. LOVE IT!
It's amazing because it covers my gray 100%, my hair is really shiny, and it only takes 10 minutes.
I'm SO HAPPY with my hair color now :D I finally found the perfect dark brown color - and can stop obsessing and trying new products.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was excited to try this product as I read a great review in a magazine and it really sold it to me. I used Chocolate Shake and I found the formula incredibly runny and I made a mess in my bathroom doing the color. I dye my hair all the time and I normally find it a stress free process. Today, I couldn't wait the get the damn color in and wash it out after 10 minutes. Additionally, the product has a scent that I find borderline unbearable. It isn't the typical hair dye smell, I'm guessing the scent is supposed to be 'pleasant.' I didn't like it and found it cloying. I have to wait two days before I make a call on how the color turns out, but I am going back to my old brand. This was not the Perfect 10 for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I liked this hair colour. The comb is a great idea, something that i've not used before but it helped. The development time is 10mins (as you may have guessed) which is perfect for me. Living in a house of 5, I usually put the dye on then go to watch TV for 30mins whilst it develops..only to go back to wash it out to discover somebody has jumped in the bath! With this I can stay in the bathroom whilst it develops.

I used the shade black, my only criticism is that it was more of a natural black, than a black black.

It faded in the same amount of time than any other perm hair dye in my experience, but my hair is rubbish & can't "hold" dye anymore.

on 12/21/2009 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

So i was very nervous to try this hair colour but i a pleasantly surprised. I chose the light auburn colour and it turned out great. The colour is beautiful and my hair doesn't feel any worse than usual after colouring with this. I also really liked the comb style applicator, it really made getting all of my thick hair covered really easy. I will update in two weeks to see if i am still happy with this after it starts to fade. I am worried about getting brassy roots..... but we will see....The colour in my profile pic is how this one turned out over top of my already red (slightly cherry coloured hair)

on 11/25/2009 1:13:00 AM

I'm editing my review from several years ago. This color ruined my hair and I had to cut it.

My neighbor just came over to my house. She put this color on her hair this morning, and I've never seen a more awful rats nest. Her hair almost seems...melted. She is definitely going to have to cut a lot of hair off,

I have no idea why some love it and others end up with severely damaged hair, and I have no idea why a product so unreliable is still on the market.

I'm just saying BE CAREFUL what you put on your hair.

I have to agree with the consensus of reviews on here thus far that this color started off great, but faded in no time and left my hair a tangled mess. I used the Auburn (I believe it was medium or dark Auburn) and it gave me the most beautiful red throughout my hair; the perfect not too blue and not too orangey red. I was really pleased with the color because when I dye with red myself it usually turns into that unflattering bluish purple red, which is just not agreeable with my skin tone. I know red washes out quickly, but this started to go brassy at the root and just faded and dull overall in the first week. Also, my hair is extremely dry and damaged now and I believe it's from this product as it was normal before. I loved that this was only about 10 bucks at Target and took only 10 minutes, but it wasn't worth it. I'm going to be making an appt. with my stylist to have it done professionally next time and use my Ted Gibson Copper shampoo/conditioner to brighten it up.

on 11/11/2009 9:17:00 PM

Best color I have ever used! That is saying a lot because I have used everything under the sun. Really. The color was true, very easy to apply, especially with the comb attachment. My hair was so soft, not dry or frizzy at all. Totally covered my few stubborn grays. I used the Medium Blonde and it was the perfect shade. Best part, it only took 10 minutes!! How cool is that? I am recommending this to all my friends and will continue to use it myself. HG material!

on 10/28/2009 6:19:00 PM

i have gotten more compliments on my color since I started usinig this product ( light ash brown) than when i paid almost 100.00 for salon coloring. I love it - I have dry hair so only shampoo every 3rd day and the color stays beautifully.

This started off well.... The colour was exactly what I wanted (medium brown) and the conditioner left my hair soft and silky. BUT, it faded so fast! After 2 weeks it just looked terrible. I had thought this was going to end my search for a HG home colourant, but sadly not.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my new favorite hair color! Application was a snap, the color is beautiful even though it faded a little (I think they all do), and I love the conditioner. It made my hair very soft and full (I have a lot of hair but it's very fine, so most conditioners leave it limp and nasty-looking).