Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.2

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this product, and I sort of do. It left my hair a little dry (which I expected since I would think a 10 minute processing time would equal more intensity with developing), but a good deep condition the next day solved that. My main problem with it is that it didn't cover my grays at all, and the few that it did turned purple. (I am less than 5 percent gray, but as my hair is dark, they stand out.) I used Light Chocolate Brown (6WN), and it came out dark brown with purplish highlights, which was darker than expected but very pretty. However, now (two weeks later) the purple is fading to an orangey color. This would be good for someone with no grays who wants to go darker. It's too bad, because my hair was left in good condition and it only took 10 minutes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used the "medium ash brown" colour on my hair yesterday (5A). It was alright, but compared to other drugstore hair dyes I've used in the past, this was nothing special. I usually buy the Dark Brown hair colour from other brands, but when I read reviews for the Perfect 10, people said that the dark brown looked almost black!! However, the Medium Ash Brown turned out to a nice rich looking dark brown colour (which is what I wanted). We'll see how quickly it fades, but for now the colour is perfect. The smell was not bad, it was strong, but not any stronger than other brands. My hair did feel dry when I washed out the colour, but the conditioner that came in the kit was very rich and restored back my hair--now it is feeling soft and smooth. I bought two boxes since I have long hair (half-way down my back) but I only needed one box (which was JUST enough colour for me). I would not buy this hair colour again though because it uses "hydroden peroxide" in it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this haircolor so far. I'm a little worried about fading though, since a lot of reviews state that this color fades very quickly. I used light golden brown over blonde hair. I left it in for about 12 minutes, and the color took very well. It came out a medium reddish-brown, not a golden brown for me. There were places where my hair was very dry and damaged (the ends), and the color didn't take as much, so I dyed it again with the same color a few days later and left it on for 15 minutes. It went a little darker, but still looks natural and shiny. I used to use Preference in various golden shades, but got tired of the color always going way too dark (almost black), then taking about 2-3 weeks to fade to a more acceptable color.The formula doesn't smell very strongly and doesn't burn my scalp the way preference always did. I also really like the consistency of the formula. It's like a thin shampoo, but lathers and blends very easily and doesn't drip. Easier to blend than preference -- it's more like excellence cream. Depending on how my hair looks in a couple of weeks, I would use this again. UPDATE: I decided I didn't like how red this came out after all. It's very very red, not at all like the color on the box. This color may as well have been called "brownish-red."

on 5/10/2010 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This hair dye is horrible. I bought the color medium golden brown, and my hair was a dark blond. First off when I started dying my hair the smell was very strong, and I am usually not very sensitive to smells and then the comb applicator made a horrible mess. When I first dyed it, it turned out a bit darker than it was on the box but I just though it would fade a bit to about the box color. But within three weeks, it was faded to a light caramel brown. This was very disappointing.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow I finally found the perfect auburn red color, in the "Light Auburn" shade. Warning though - this isnt a light auburn. its definitely medium auburn. I had been using the "Light Auburn" by ColorSilk, but the color was not even lasting 4 weeks, even though I use a color-protective shampoo/conditioner. This Perfect 10 was the most expensive hair color on the shelf though - I paid $11.99 at CVS. But its well worth it! For one, you only leave it on for 10 minutes, instead of 25 or 30 like with most others. It does smell strongly, so make sure your bathroom is vented well. The formula is perfect - doesnt drip, but at the same time its "liquidy" enough to coat all of my hair. And there was enough product to cover all my hair, which is quite a few inches past my shoulders. I always hate it when I dye my hair and if I lift up some in the back you can see it didnt take up color like the rest. This doesnt happen here! I think its partly to do with the applicator. I was afraid that applicator would be gimmicy, but it was very helpful. I did use the regular nozzle to do the roots first, though. They give you a large tube of conditioner that you're supposed to use once a week after coloring, like what Feria does. It really does help keep the shine and softness going. Definitely if you're looking for a medium auburn, this is it, even though it says Light! I will definitely repurchase.

I fell for the marketing/packaging and purchased the Light Ash Blonde. The color on the box was so beautiful, but oh my it turned my dark blonde hair orange at the roots and didn't even color the rest of my hair! I am still a brassy mess after applying a brass banisher and using purple shampoo for several weeks. I will not buy this product again, it is awful!

I figured if I bought the most expensive hair color, it would have great results. Wrong! The color came out so brassy and not at all what the pictured results on the box showed. It looked very unnatural. The dye washed out of my gray strands in one washing and after less than a week I was back to my natural color. It washed completely out in less than a week! This is by no means permanent hair color! Thie applicator is so messy and awkward to use. I have never in my life had so much dye flung around in my bathroom from using an applicator. This hair dye is just a big mess!

Perfect 10 was AWFUL! My hair is now horribly brassy and very very frizzy.

I should have know better than to buy it when I realized how limited the color selection was, but I had heard wonderful things and it only had to process for 10 minutes.

The smell when applying was super-intense and my normally smooth cool-toned, ashy blonde hair is now a golden-yellow brittle mess.

I'm not sure that I would recommend this product to anyone.

on 2/11/2010 2:46:00 PM

Love this dye. The comb applicator can be helpful, but I personally find it just as easy to get in there with your fingers and rub it in. Also, there are parts of your hair that the comb is useless for unless you want to drip dye all over your floor, like the back of your head, unless you're really talented. I love that you only have to leave it in for 10 minutes. After washing out the dye and applying the conditioner they provide, my hair felt like SILK. After blowdrying it, it didn't feel as much like silk, but still more smooth and soft than before I'd dyed it. The color was very nice and natural-looking, and came out close to what the box lead me to believe. My only problem was that I had chosen ASH brown, which is supposed to be a cool color, but it came out a little reddish on the lighter parts of my hair. I didn't want a red tint to my hair (not that it really looks bad) so I was a little disappointed about that. It's a little more expensive than other dyes, but it's worth it. I will be using this brand next time I dye my hair.

I opted to buy this because of the color comb. I stopped dying my hair for about 5 years because I have very fine hair, and any time I used another product I'd rip my hair out trying to get all the color in. The color looked great, but the package didn't specify if my hair was supposed to be clean or dirty (most others say to wait 24 hours after washing your hair). Regardless, the color faded literally within a week's time. I don't know if I did something wrong, but I don't think I'll be spending the money to use this one again. I've never had much luck with Clairol products.