Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.2

on 1/10/2011 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used medium brown #5 last night, and I am quite pleased with the results. My hair was about 10% gray, and the coverage is perfect. Overall, the color is a lovely chocolate brown...very natural looking. I'm not sure why the bad reviews for this, but I think its great.

on 1/4/2011 6:58:00 AM

I have naturally blonde hair as I am swedish but in the Winter the roots get a bit darker, not a lot but a little bit, and I want to lighten them up. I buy this in Lightest Blonde. This is perfect because it is so easy and it does not over bleach my hair but just lightens it enough to make the roots less noticeable and it always come out great. It is really good when I just do not want to shell out to go the hairdressers and also when I do I tend to think that they lighten it too much and it looks to harsh and almost like a helmet but this stuff is really good! Have bought again and again.

on 11/23/2010 12:05:00 PM

Well all I have to say is my hair turned blue! Yikes

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is an ok hair color kit. I have tried the Light Blonde shade 9. It was a quick dye job. The comb attachment was fabulous and it made it super simple to put the dye on my hair. There is plenty of dye. I have long hair and usually finish the whole bottle, but this had plenty of dye to finish my hair and still have some left. The tube of dye was a pain. It is in a metal tube that you have to squeeze. I found it was very hard to get all of the dye out. The color itself went on pretty true to the box. I do think that because it is so quick it does kind of a half fast job. My color looks alright. Not to rich or shiny. Not special and I finding that it is wearing off really quickly. I usually can go 6 weeks without dying, but honestly I would say with this kit I would need to dye every 3-4 weeks.

on 9/25/2010 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the only at-home hair color that I've used for the past 3 years - once was enough to get me hooked!
I typically use the 6A Light Ash Brown color, it looks amazing on my hair. This dye always leaves my hair looking shiny and while the dye itself is a little drying, the conditioner that comes with it is extremely rich and makes my hair soft. The color always looks wonderful and I get a lot of compliments.
I don't like the comb attachment, I just squirt it with the nozzle into my hands and run it through my hair that way, and I haven't had any problems. I usually leave it on for about 15 minutes rather than the recommended 10, so the color comes out a bit darker but that's the way I like it. The smell isn't bad but it's very strong, and usually it stays in my towel for a few days.
The only bad thing about this dye is the fading. Granted, I should probably be using color-safe shampoo and conditioner, and I'm very hard on my hair, but even with weekly treatments of the included conditioner, I find the color fades quite fast. I notice a fade after as soon as 4 weeks, and after 6 it's definitely faded. It fades to a very strange orange-y color on me, which I find odd since the dye itself is an ashy brown. All that means is that I need to keep up with the dyeing a little more diligently than usual, which isn't bad - even at $9 a box, it's still cheaper than salon coloring.
I'll continue to buy this again and again, and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a good at-home hair dye.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this hair dye! I have been using it for over 2 years. I started out with shade 6r, then 5r, and have settled on 4r which is the darkest red. The color goes on evenly and I dye it every 6 weeks. My hair is always super soft & shiny and smells GREAT after using. Going darker was not a problem and the colors transitioned nicely. I sometimes leave it on longer than 10 minutes and never have had a problem. It does fade a bit *but* I work outside in the sun and I'm sure it doesn't help. By the time the 6 weeks are up I dye my whole head rather than my roots. I don't love using the brush-applicator, I find just squeezing the color into my hand and applying that way is much easier, but I suspect if I was doing just my roots or I had thinner hair the brush applicator would be great. The conditioner included is my favorite and I love that you can buy it separately.

I always buy this, it is a little pricey for a home dye but its alot cheaper than a salon. I love the way it only takes 10 minutes,i really hate leaving dye of my hair for long because my hair is super damaged. it does leave my hair a little dry after but i expect that and its nothing my deep treatment cant solve,i cant comment if it fades fast because im growing my hair out and i use products that make my hair grow so naturally i have roots often. I think this is a great product and i would deffo buy again!

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alot of you are saying your hair is changing random colours or patchy

this could mean your hair is in bad condition,deep treatments and hot oiling will help this. never go more than one to two shades that your natural colour. I have never had any problems dying my hair,ive had my hair literally all colours and ive never had it done in a salon so i know my hair stuff. this is a fairly good dye,not the best,very drying but it does the job,if youre looking for a permanent colour,id skip this though.

on 8/15/2010 5:34:00 PM

More expensive than the average drugstore haircolor for nothing special. It's nice that it's faster. The applicator was odd, so I just used my fingers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I color my hair professionally now because it is so long, but before that I used to color my hair all the time by myself, and one product I have used is Perfect 10.

The comb attachment just gets in the way. I ended up just squirting it in my hands and running it through my hair that way. I honestly cant remember what the conditioner is like so it must not have been that memorable. It colored well though. 10 minutes seemed okay but always leave my color in for a couple minutes longer. The price jumped up a good five dollars in the past few months so even if I decided to color my hair myself again I'd just a different product. It did the job but I know other products that can as well.

This was my first experience with hair dye and it came out great!! It's fool proof and made my hair so soft and shiny. I dyed my hair two shades darker and it looked so natural that my own family didn't even notice!! And did I mention that it only takes ten minutes?? I wasn't trying to cover gray so I can't evaluate that for you but I recommend this to anyone looking to change their color.