Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.2

I used the Perfect 10 color in Darkest Brown, and yes, it was definitely the darkest brown and looked black right after coloring. I naturally have lighter/medium brown hair and had lots of highlights, so I was more golden colored or blondish brown before using the color. I definitely wanted a big change and love my hair very dark, but it was still a super big change! At first I was a little shocked and decided to try to fade it by using Dawn dish soap. I definitely kept having color coming off in the shower and didn't get the water to run clear for some time! In the end though, although dark, I loved the color and got used to it quickly (and yes, I was able to fade it a tiny bit where it did look like Darkest Brown).

I love that the color is fast to use! I had chest length hair and used 2 boxes. Some of my highlights peaked through in a few spots, but it overall colored most of my layered, thicker hair. I thin my hair a lot with thinning shears, but with the length, I still need 2 boxes. Right after rinsing out the color, my hair felt a little dry and I got concerned, but it felt great after I used the conditioner and felt very silky. It looked nice and shiny after drying.

It definitely didn't seem like a permanent color to me, because after a while, my hair was similar to what the Light Brown box looks like, with bits of gold! It definitely faded a lot on me, but at least it was a month or so with the darker color. It faded evenly as well.

I'd definitely consider using it again, although I'm torn on what color I should use. I would like it just a tad lighter than next time, so I'd consider Dark Brown, but it sounds like that one still comes out more black. I'm concerned that Medium Brown would leave hints of gold in it, even the ash, because that tends to happen with me. I would just start out with a lighter shade than you expect, and you can always go darker! Oh and the smell did bother me (mostly how you have the mild scent of lingering dye ANYTIME you dye your hair though - and how that lasts until at least your next shampoo), but I'm very sensitive to certain scents and am migraine-prone, so I don't think it would be bad to the average person! Last time the lingering scent of dye was bothering me (after washing the dye out and drying and styling it), I went to bed with my dry hair wrapped in a towel (so I wouldn't smell it) and it helped very much!

on 5/17/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been coloring my hair for years, going back and forth between Clairol Nice & Easy and L'Oreal Excellence Creme. I can honestly say, this is the most drying color I have EVER used. I think the thing I would be careful about, is you don't really realize the damage that has been done until a few weeks later - about the same time you realize how quickly the color is fading. The color looks good at first, but fades quickly - and with the damage this color causes, who can afford to be recoloring every three weeks? If you do try this color, just pay attention a few weeks later - if you notice your hair is dryer and the ends are suddenly damaged - yes, this hair color did it.

on 5/15/2011 12:02:00 PM

I've tried this twice now and don't plan to do so again. The consistency is runnier than I like going on, but it's workable. It smells/feels stronger than the other home hair colors I've used, perhaps because it's supposed to work in 10 minutes. I haven't found it to be a real timesaver, though, because it doesn't rinse out very fast at all. It could be that my water doesn't get along with the formula rather than any problem with the product, but since I'm not moving or getting new water piped in, I'm going to go back to hair color that I don't have to rinse and rinse and then rinse some more. Even when I thought I'd gotten it all out, I saw color in the water as I was rinsing out the conditioner.

I coloured my hair with 5A Medium Brown (medium ash brown) 2 days ago. Wow, so happy with the results - it's better than a salon colour and I have been to 3 different salons in the past few months to try and remove the red, brassy tones from my hair since a hairdresser did a bleach bath and made it go orange!

The last hairdresser had to add a green tone to the dye to counteract the red; it was nice at first, but as it faded I could see a green tinge to it! So far with Perfect 10 I can't see the red at all in natural light - there is a slight bit when I am directly under and artificial light, but it is not the orange colour it was before.

NOTE: the dye will be DARKER than the colour stated on the box - i.e. dark brown will turn out black and medium brown will be dark brown. I am so glad I did medium, as I nearly went for the dark brown and would have ended up black!

I really hope this colour lasts - I'll let you know. My salon ones have only been lasting approx 2 weeks and then my hair has been fading back to the brassy colour; I've been told that that could be due to how porous (sp?) my hair is.

Well worth the money: I got three dyes for the price of two - worked out approx 5 for each - as opposed to 35 in a salon.

I

on 5/2/2011 5:38:00 PM

I bought this in 'Dark Auburn' - the box showed a lovely deep red/brown, I'm sitting here looking alarmingly ginger. It's aggressively lightened my hair from it's natural dark brown colour (I just wanted to add some red tones) and while it's not an awful colour, it's NOT what I wanted or expected.

However that's not the worst thing about this product. It's really tricky to use owing to a much runnier texture than other dyes I've tried, it's a good job I covered the floor with an old towel as it dripped everywhere. I've never had any kind of reaction to hair dye, but my scalp feels slightly itchy and sore and I'm really worried I'll wake up tomorrow with weeping sores or something. Yeuch.

The only good points are the packaging, which is nicely designed, and the conditioner, which smells lovely. However I just would NOT use this again, or suggest anyone else does. It's really harsh. I'll stick to L'Oreal in the future.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have dyed my hair since I was 11, and I can quite honestly say this is the worst hair dye I have ever used. Although it says permanent, it blatantly isn't. This washed out of my hair within a month, wasn't even black (I purchased a black one), even though I followed all the instructions to a t (I even test for allergies before I dye my hair).
While I was dying my hair I always have the door open, but even with the door open the smell almost made me be sick, I just couldnt breathe and just constantly had to run to the window because it is a stupidly strong chemical smell, that makes the air so thick! I try not to dye my hair too often because I don't want to damage it, which is why I was excited about the idea of a 10 minute solution, however this was overpriced and a waste of money!

on 3/27/2011 11:30:00 AM

I have used it about half a dozen times (I experiment w/ color (mostly blondes and browns) and hair coloring products a lot.) I LOVE this stuff even if it is more expensive than other d/s options. I love the comb applicator - in fact, I now use it for other brands that I like (Revlon Colorsilk, L'Oreal Superior Preference, Clairol Nice & Easy).

Love that it only takes 10 minutes = shiny, fully colored hair w/ multiple tones (I have no grays to contend w/ - yet), not obnoxious smelling. Only due to price to I tend to experiment w/ others...will contine to keep in my regular rotation!

on 3/19/2011 3:14:00 AM

I use color: 4 Dark Brown. It is the perfect dark brown color, without going black. I'm super impressed with the quality of the color. It's very rich and looks just as it did when I had it done at the salon. I never realized just how convenient the "10 minute" development time would be, until after I experienced it. The only thing about this dye is that it fades fast if you don't use a color-safe shampoo.

(One thing I noticed that is a good AND bad thing is the consistency. It is quite runny. The good thing is that this makes it spread out easier so you don't miss any patches. But the bad thing is it can be messy and splash the counter. I would suggest covering the counter and floor with newspaper.)

on 2/10/2011 11:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have been dying my own hair for 5 years now, and this is my new favorite! I like that it only takes 10 min, so it feels less damaging, and the applicator makes doing roots so much easier. The first time I used this, I did dark auburn. My hair was already a medium brown with red blended highlights, and the dark auburn looked so beautiful over it! I just did my hair again the other day, this time (wanting to go more to my natural hair color- finally!) I used medium ash brown. This color is amazing! I have cool toned skin, so this color works perfectly with it. My mom also uses this brand (she colors her hair blond) and it looks so beautiful and natural on her as well.

on 1/14/2011 10:42:00 PM

I used light chocolate brown to cover light blonde hair. I know it isnt recommended to use it this way but is worked for me but it did fade after a couple weeks. I needed 2 boxes as well I have thick shoulder length hair.