Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

3.2

on 1/17/2009 5:20:00 AM

BEWARE this product - it is terrible! I had a free pack of this to trial in the UK, but interestingly, even though I had used it well within the trial time, the online facility to report back had already dissappeared within that time - if I were a teeny bit paranoid I might wonder if they didn't want to hear any more bad things about it ;)

I have a small number of resistant greys so tried this a little longer than the 10 minutes the box promises, but not too long having read the reviews here. Total leave on time was about 15 mins. I didn't notice any stinging tbh, but it does smell dreadful.

Initially the colour was nice and the effect that day springy and full and shiny - but Oh dear!!! One wash later and my hair was like straw, and two washes and any apparent grey coverage had worn right off. This has masacred my hair and I'm now off to peruse the John Masters website to try to find some nice gentle products that might rectify the damage. If I do I'll keep you all posted!

i used the dark auburn and 10 minutes was just enough .. it came out very nice and i love the colour i will reccomend this to ANYONE AND EVERYONE :) try it.. its live changing . you will never have to look for another hair dye ever again

I really liked this hair color.
I've been getting my hair done professionally for a long time, but I just don't have the money or the time anymore. I'm sick of spending 95 dollars on my hair.. especially when I can do it just as well myself.
I tried Medium Ash Brown #5A and I was really pleased with the way it turned out. The color is just like it is shown on the box and it looks lovely. The only draw back is, it does fade pretty quickly (in about two weeks time) and I feel like I'm going to have to dye it exactky once a month to keep it up.
I don't think it smelled THAT bad like other reviewers said, and it didn't leave my hair feeling like straw, it did feel nice afterwards. I just reallyy wish the color would last a bit longer!

Blondes beware! I tried this product because it claimed to be "less damaging". I completely REGRET it. I've been dying my hair for years with little problem. This product seemed really good in an almost "too good to be true" way. It is.

It RUINED my hair. The first time I used it, the color result was good and it left my hair shiny. A little brassy, but nothing serious. I used it a total of three times. The third time was the last time. It has left my hair like straw. I ended up getting a haircut thinking it would help. It didn't.

I think that the only thing for me to do at this point is wait for it to grow out and get regular trims. I will try some deep conditioners, but I want to give my hair a rest first.

on 12/7/2008 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been a bottle redhead for over a year now, and love it, but I felt like I wanted to go back to my "roots" for a while. I don't have the money for salon upkeep, and my hair was starting to look funny with odd highlights and dark roots, red glow, etc. So, I went looking for something else last night, and saw Clairol Nice N Easy Perfect Ten Hair Color, Medium Ash Brown #5A. This claimed to remove or prevent red tones, so that sounded perfect. It was also very close to my natural color. I hate waiting for my hair to color at home, so this only taking 10 minutes sounded great to me. A little over an hour ago, I used it. It has the usual strong odor of hair coloring while you're using it, but no worse than most I've used. I liked the comb applicator. It helped me get right down to the roots and the tricky places around my hairline and ears. After using it, I applied the rest with my fingers making sure to work it all through. I did get some drips on the floor. I usually don't have any problem with dripping. The product also stings your skin if it gets on it, and my scalp is still a little sting-y even though I rinsed very thoroughly. Another gripe is, there was barely enough product in the bottle to cover my shoulder length hair. Finally, it was a little more money than I usually spend for home coloring. Those reasons are why I took off a point. But otherwise, I'm satisfied. After 10 minutes, I rinsed it out well, and used the conditioner, which is like all the other after-color conditioners I've used. I then towel dried and applied a styling product, and blow dried most of the way. Well, the color is just gorgeous! This is my natural color, and it looks just like the picture on the box. There is no red tint at all. I don't smell that strong after color smell either. My DH thought this color was beautiful. My hair doesn't feel dry. So, I will see how it does in the coming weeks. But for now, I can say I'm happy with the results.

on 12/6/2008 1:35:00 PM

This is my new standard hair color. I used Honey Berry, which is one of the shades they recently released. First, a bit about me: I am a bottle redhead, and I have been dying my hair red since high school. I have been almost every shade of red, and tried almost every brand. My hair is naturally dark, ash brown. It has a medium texture, it is very curly, and though each strand is very fine and delicate, I have a ton of it.
So, back to the color! This product works very quickly, just like it claims. My roots take about ten minutes to turn, and I leave it on the rest of my hair for about six minutes and all of it turns an even, lovely red. The color is a very natural, medium reddish blonde-- the shade I always strive for. What I like the most about this product is that it both lifts my base color, and deposits a nice red into my hair. I used to need to use one color to lighten my dark hair, and another to add red. I also notice that this hair color feels gentle on my hair, and leaves it shinier and softer than other hair colors do. For some reason, though, it is particularly offensive to the skin-- the skin on my scalp is fine, it does not burn or itch afterwards, but watch if this product gets on your face or neck. The other thing that I love about this hair color is something that those who have committed themselves to a life of a fake redhead will value quite a bit: this color lasts longer than any other I've tried. When it does eventually begin to fade, it still maintains a nice red color, and doesn't immediately become a brassy bronze.
On another note, the packaging is lovely, the conditioner they include is (of course) great. My only problem with this product is the expense. I need two bottles to cover all of my a-little-beyond-shoulder length hair. It's great when I find a good sale on this product, but I wish it cost a little less.
Still, all in all, this is a wonderful hair dye for anyone looking to try this shade!

I liked this hair color. I didn't really care for the comb applicator so I just used the typical root applicator that they include instead. I'm usually disappointed in hair color. I have very long brown hair and I've been dying it since I was very young, 13 or so, so I have a solid 17 year history with hair color.

Typically when I color my hair any shade of medium brown it tends to color darker than it's suppose to be, almost black 90% of the time..or the roots are lighter and the ends darker. This color actually did what it was suppose to do. I used the medium brown and I got a nice medium brown color.

The conditioner is also very nice it works well and smells great and you get a LARGE tube of it to last you one treatment for 6 weeks. I had no problem with the product other than the comb applicator. It just seems too mess to use unless you want hair color splattered on your walls and sink.

on 11/11/2008 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Well I saw the ads for this product on television, the internet and in every magazine known to man. With so much advertising I had to assume that this was the next big thing for hair colour. I hmm'ed and haw'd over if I really wanted to spend the advertised price for one container of hair dye. Actually two as my hair is thick and long. So all together my hair colour would be costing me $35. I might as well book an appointment and wait for my stylist to colour my hair. But the ads claimed this was similar to that of salon quaility hair and deliver results that were similar.
Finally I caved and redeemed some points at my favourite drugstore and got a "buy one get one" deal. Away I went with my new "miracle" hair dye colour number 5, medium brown.
Putting it together was simple enough. Typical hair dye smell.
The comb applicator was useless though. Didn't so much for my "new experience" for hair colour.
Well after I was done it was time to let it set. Well those ten minutes were agonizing. Wow did it burn the scalp or what! I could only imagine what going blonde would do! Ouch!
Finally my ten minutes was up and I rinised my colour. The conditioner wasn't too much of a difference compared to the other hair dye conditioners I have used. Nothing special in that department.
After finishing up the process I couldn't help but feel dissapointed. My hair felt horrible! Not soft and beautiful. It was rough and dried out! I figured let me style it first and see what happens.
I did my usual routine and still was dissapointed. My hair still felt like straw. Yay.
Two good things did come out of this dye though. The colour matched the swatch on the box and it did take ten minutes. Other then that. No glossy colour, no softness, nothing special.
Great.
For some this is a great product but for me it's nothing special. I'll stick with my Natural Instincts for now.

on 10/16/2008 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use Medium Brown (#5) every time I want to return to my "roots." I finally learned my lesson after having hair that was too dark for years and chose a color that was lighter than what I thought I needed. Medium Brown worked quite perfectly on my naturally dark brown hair. At first, after washing it out, my hair looked black and I was a little wary. But finally after a couple of days the color relaxed to a rich dark brown that is just gorgeous. And it's so silky and shiny--not coarse, like my hair usually is when I use Natural Instincts. The only complaint I have is that after a few weeks the color really starts to fade away, which shouldn't happen so soon with a permanent color. But other than that, this product is great. I actually like having hair with no highlights again!

on 10/6/2008 9:48:00 PM

I used Nice'n Easy Perfect 10 in Jet Black. It was quite a random purchase for me, I was planning to buy my favorite Exellence but fell for the big pretty box of this dye...and I'm very pleased with the results. Its been more than a week since I dyed my hair and the color still looks very fresh (even though I washed my hair almost every day and with Excellence it would already turn dark brown on me). I didn't use the applicator just because I don't like any applicators in general, its way better imho to color hair with the brush which you can get in any beauty supply, and one bottle was just enough for my shoulder length hair. The smell of the dye didn't irritate me at all, compared to the ones I used before it was actually pretty good. The only thing I disliked is that my hair did feel very dry right after I washed off the product, but that problem was solved by the conditioner. And let me tell you, the conditioner is amazing in all the ways possible and the smell is terrific!!! Will definitely buy again.