Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 3/12/2008 5:17:00 PM

I HAVE USED M/U ALLEY TO INFORM MY SELF, SO I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE ELSE. I FIRST PURCHASED THE 03 SOFT SUNBEIGE. THIS COLOR IS GOOD FOR MED. SKIN TONES. I JUST WENT BACK AND GOT THE SHELL, THE LIGHTEST SHADE AND THIS ONE WORKS AS CLOSE AS I CAN COME WITH MY LIGHT BUT OLIVE SKIN TONE. THEY USE TO MAKE COLORS MORE BEIGE FOR US OLIVES. THEY DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE YOUR EITHER PINK OR YELLOW UNDERTONES (NOT). NOW YOU HAVE TO WALK AROUND WITH EITHER A ORANGE OR PINK DEMARKATION LINE, AND BELIEVE ME I SEE WOMEN DOING THIS. JUST LIKE MOST WOMEN I HAVE A LOT OF NATIVE AMERICAN AND SCOTTISH - IRISH GENTICS. MY SISTERS GOT THE DARK TAN LIKE SKIN: ME JUST THE OPPOSITE. I AM LIGHT BUT NOT FAIR, SO FOR YOU FAIR SKIN TONERS I HAVE EMAILED CORPORATE TO BRING IN MORE COLORS FOR REF: IN MAC I WOULD BE A NC 20 SO THEY SAY! CLOSE BUT TOO ORANGE FOR ME. JUST FOR REFERENCE THIS IS OIL FREE SO YOU WILL NEED TO GIVE IT A FEW MIN. TO DRY GOOD SO YOU GET THE TRUE COLOR. THIS IS A GREAT FOUNDATION WITH GOOD STAYING POWER FEELS LIKE YOU ARE WEARING NOTHING BUT COVERS REALLY WELL AND I HAVE A LOT OF REDNESS AND TONS OF FRECKLES AND IT EVENS EVERYTHING OUT. JUST FOR REF: I HAVE TRIED ON EVERY D/S AND DEPT STORE BRAND THIS IS THE BEST I HAVE FOUND. OH YEA THERE SKIN CARE IS GREAT TOO. I DO BELIEVE THAT ARDEN HAS BEEN AROUND FOR OVER A 100 YEARS SO WITH THAT SAID THEY MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT....

on 3/11/2008 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm BEGGING cosmetic companies to realize that people in general aren't tanning as much and they need to formulate some lighter colors! I agree with everything good that was said about this foundation, they just don't carry a light enough shade for my NW15 coloring. Not even close. So to sum up, great foundation, poor color selection. By the way, why can't the SA's ever just say that they don't have a color that will work for you. They send you home with something they know isn't going to work, and then act snooty when you have to return it. UGGHH!

on 3/11/2008 12:57:00 PM

As with everyone, I was sucked in at the EA counter for the upcoming GWP event. Since I was still looking for the perfect foundation being after two years of searching, I was glad to try EA new Intervene foundation. Hmmmm...I was very impressed with the application at the EA counter. I was given a sample and have been using it ever since. I have finally found the foundation I was searching for. It glides on so well with a matte finish all day long. Really....minimal to no touch up is required during the day. I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that I dont get any break outs from this product!!!!! Will update should my review changes on this product.UPDATE: I had to stop use for it made my pores seem large or maybe the foundation was not an exact match for me; therefore, it was settling in my pores. Eventhough I love the texture it was a bit too drying for me during the day. I feel as though my cheeks were extremely dry. As noted in on of the reviews, you will need to moistures very well prior to applying this foundation. I wish this was the one for my as previously mentioned....Hmm now I am on the search once again... Current trying the new stick my prescriptives....let's see how long it will last!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I just love this foundation! I am sooo happy I got this based on the reviews here. Today is just my second day of using but my face looks so pretty with EA Intervene! It looks smooth, healthy, and airbrushed! wow. I totally notice a difference. I don't use concealer with this. It is light and glides on beautifully. I've been applying it with a sponge and smooth out with my fingers esp. around the eye area, but I ordered a foundation brush and can hardly wait to use it. I have normal skin - dry during the winter and bought the Tan color. Just beautiful. Can't imagine getting anything else now! I set it with loose powder and the BE mineral veil. oh and the pump is great too! clean, sanitary, no hassle! and it has anti-aging benefits, spf, couldn't ask for more.

on 3/9/2008 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first review. I came upon this website as I have been searching for the perfect foundation for quite awhile now. I think I have found it!! I read the reviews on it and thought I would try it. I am so happy with Intervene. I have rosacea and thus need good coverage, but so many foundations that I tried didn't last. Intervene goes on nice, is easily blendable, covers my redness and LASTS ALL DAY!!! I am so happy!!

Finally I have my HG foundation for my new older skin. I tried a sample first because at that point was pretty happy with my Maybelline foundation until I suspected it was giving me the oilies or at least something is, still undecided what it is for sure but I wanted to try it out of curiosity because it was a top pick. Of course the assistant talked me into the wrong color as always and I a very fair redhead walked away with the soft cream shade, well despite looking orange I coud see the quality of the foundation and went back armed with a pen on a sunny day. I picked up all the lightest shades and put all of them on my jaw with the number written underneath (yes, I drew on myself) and walked off outside much to the surprise of the assistant whom I politely ignored as she told me they all looked good and checked it out in the sunshine. I then bought some in the soft shell shade, this is supposed to be neutral/pink but in the sunlight it didn't look any less yellow than the soft sunbeige just lighter. Needless to say it is a pretty good match with a little bit of wiggle room for summer. This stuff is amazing, it sinks into the skin in a very surprising way without losing coverage and I have never seen that before in a foundation. Initially when you look at the consistency of the makeup you could suspect it to be heavy but not so and it because sinks into the skin, it never and I mean never settles into any lines or creases. It is oil free without being flat or drying and gives a subtle glow and to top it all off, it stays in place all day. How on earth they have pulled this off is beyond me but I suppose eventually the foundation with everything was bound to arrive. Its not cheap but its not expensive either especially considering its performance and I nearly forgot to say, you need very little to acheive the flawless effect, I would pay more if I had to and even though I had decided to try and go drugstore for money reasons this is beyond tempting. Its marketed for mature skins as an anti- aging foundation for normal skin but I think this could work for any age and skin type less perhaps an exceptionally dry skin.

EDIT:I have a sinking feeling that after a few weeks of wear that this is drying my skin out and is isn't wearing as well as I thought it would. I might have to keep it for going out or special occaisons as I am OK for half a day or so, I don't think I can wear this everyday. I am heartbroken because I really thought this was my HG but this doesn't detract from how wonderful I think this foundation is although I am irritated just like the person who posted a few up that there never seems to be a good enough choice for the fairer skin. I can getaway with softshell but I could stand to go a bit lighter but that said this will be perfect after a month or two of sun.

I am really loving this foundation. My skin looked really good at the end of the day. It gives my skin a nice flawless look. The only trouble I am having is getting the right color since I live in California and they have taken most of the Elizabeth Arden cosmetic counters out of nearly every dept. store In Orange County. I talked to the corporate office and they said there wasn't much of a market here for this line here. I found this very strange. I hope I get the right color and it is not too much of a hassle exchanging this from ElizabethArden.com.

LOVE IT! I have tried about six other foundations before reading the reviews and deciding to try Intervene. I am so glad I did! I would say that is a medium coverage. I wear it in soft shell and as long as I blend it matches me perfectly. I am light with a lot of gold undertones and had problems finding a good match with the coverage I wanted. Interevene leaves my skin feeling smooth as well and although when first applied it looks like it might be to heavy it blends very well. It is a little pricey compared to drugstore brands but well worth it. Also I was able to work an eight hour shift as a cashier and didnt need to reapply at all. Great product

on 3/4/2008 9:38:00 AM

I bought this hoping for a great foundation. I was so disappointed. The color was fine, but I had a problem with it lasting through the day. I have had much better luck with EL Resilience Cream Foundation in the compact. Excellent buildable coverage that lasted all day for me. Wished this worked better for me

on 3/3/2008 4:50:00 PM

Pretty amazing so far. I am a tuff customer to please when it comes to makeup. I have alot of coverage issues and dry skin. Not a good combo. I like a natural look with out alot of work to look it(if that makes sense,at my age this happens). I wake up at 4am to go to work. Makeup and the environment I work in is a great testing ground. By the time I left work I checked it out in the sunlight. I was impressed how it held up. I was actually afraid to look (so many disappointments). By the time I got home I looked at it closer expecting of course creppy looking dryness under my eyes. No fading or movement!
I was even more impressed how my other make-up stayed on! I don't feel this on my skin either. This is 03 SB. I am right on with my color. I always wore darker shade because of hypopigmentation issues.This really scares me that I like it this much. I will have to update to confirm this possible HG find. I don't want to jinx this. By the reviews of everyone else its a good find.UPDATE: I had to stop using because it was to matte for my dry skin. But I envy those that can wear it,it is very long lasting and the color stays true.