REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

This was a surprisingly good product that lived up to its good reputation on other beauty blogs.

PROS
Effective in helping to me to clear out gunky stubborn blackheads
My skin looks smoother and brighter after use
Pores look smaller after use
My moisturizer absorbs better after use
The packaging states that the product does not have a pile of 'baddies' like petrochemicals, silicones and pegs (what are pegs!?) in it (for those of you who care about such things)

CONS
I can't think of any which is sooooooo unusual. Consider me gob smacked!

on 2/4/2013 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Absolutely LOVE this product! This mask was recommended to me by a sales consultant and i was a little bit skeptical about it at the beginning. However, after the 1st try i could really see the difference - my skin was practically glowing!!! I use it at least once a week in conjunction with other products.
My mum has also started using this mask and everytime she uses it i can see the difference in her skin tone right away!
Would highly recommend to anyone with acne prone and dull skin :)

on 1/30/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The first 3 times I tried the mask I was really angry. I washed my face, left it on for 15 mins and nothing happened. Nothing at all. Then I watched MissBudgetBeauty's masks video, where she says she leaves the product on for hours. So I left it for for +1 hour the last two times I've used this and I finally get it. This is actually a really great mask, and the difference is noticeable immediately and lasts for at least a few days.

The mask comes out as a thick gel, a really thick orange gel and smells like some sort of super sweet synthetic orange/apricot candy or odd marmalade or something. I don't mind the smell, but I don't love it either. Many people complained about the texture being sticky so I use an old damp synthetic foundation brush instead of fingers. It spreads easily with the brush and there's no mess to worry about. The gel sits on the face and you just look shiny, like your face as been glazed lol. DH was thrilled not to have me walking around with opaque grey/green/white goop on my face for once.

The mask doesn't dry on the face, but it didn't drip or slide around either. I didn't notice any sort of tingle when I first put the mask on, in fact it was on my face for about 35 minutes before I began to feel a light tingling. And it is more like ticklish sensation of bubbles forming on the skin than the sort of stinging I often get with clay masks. It was odd but not off putting at all, it just sort of felt 'active', which I like.

I place a warm soaked cloth on the skin for 30 seconds and then the mask wipes away easily. It washes clean leaving no residue. My skin looked immediately brighter and felt extremely smooth and plump (this is the first product to one-up my Clarisonic in this respect) - not tight or stripped like I was expecting. The next two days I woke up with particularly radiant and silkier skin than I can ever remember. Putting on foundation and moisturizer is noticeably easier and more pleasant. I stop noticing the difference after 4 days. I have only been using the +1 hour application for about 10 days, so I'm not sure if it actually helps with radiance and clarity long term. I will update if I notice anything.

I still have some hyper-pigmentation but my skin does over-all look much brighter and plump and clear. This didn't make a difference to existing blemishes but by perfecting the rest of the skin they were less noticeable and I haven't gotten any new ones so it may be a helpful preventative. I will update if it keeps new blemishes away long term.

I am really enjoying this mask now that I've used the longer application time and would happily re-purchase. It is pricey, but it works and is gentle and pleasant to use with lasting results. This is the best AHA product that I've ever used. I wasn't expecting something 'natural' to work so well. I'm really impressed with this product and definitely recommend it. i took off one lippie because £30 is just so expensive and the bottom of the bottle is frosted instead of opaque so I'm concerned about the longevity of the active ingredients. Otherwise the product is near perfect - though I do wish I didn't have to leave it one for sooooo long in order to see results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have a large sample of this product, and have used it three times. Every occasion, it's made my skin red and blotchy, and has caused red, pus-filled spots and whiteheads to develop. It makes my skin marginally brighter, but it's nothing an aspirin mask couldn't have done for better. This is strong stuff - it must be purging my skin, like AHAs tend to do, and in addition, there's something in it which is irritating to my skin. Not a fan at all, and in the bin it's now going. I much prefer BHAs, which I find a whole lot more gentle and effective.

on 12/22/2012 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I bought a set that includes this product because I've been hearing so many good things about it. I've used it at least once a week for about 1-2 month now and maybe have one more use out of my 15 ml tube. I have to say for the type of product this is, which is a mild chemical exfoliant, I prefer Dermalogica's gentle exfoliant.

The texture is a thick, orange gel and smells fruity. I'll apply it after cleansing and wait 10 to 15 minutes before washing it off. I have not noticed any amazing results nor glowing skin. I'm just glad i did not purchase the full size.

on 10/28/2012 12:42:00 PM

This mask is a 5-star HG product that delivers. After using only two sample packets of this I took the plunge and bought the full-size 50ml for $55. Yes it is expensive but absolutely worth it.
The packaging is excellent, it is a pump-dispenser bottle with a little plug attachment for the opening so it's extra-hygenic. One pump dispenses the EXACT amount you need for one application. And the bottle is see-through so you can see how much product you have remaining. No complaints about the packaging at all!
To use this mask you just smooth it over your clean face, wait about 15min or so and rinse off. It stays moist and will not dry out on your skin. More often than not, there is a tingling-stinging which is very mild. I actually like it as it makes me feel like the product is working. And it yields beautiful results every single time I use it! This is an exfoliating mask that eliminates any flakiness or dullness and imparts the most amazing glow. My skin is immediately softer, smoother, and brighter. These are results I saw after the very first use. Truthfully, I was hooked after just one sample packet. This mask is AMAZING.
Because it is so expensive I only use this when I feel like I want to pamper myself or if my skin is looking dull and needs a little something "extra". I always follow it up with my richest moisturizing cream and then go to bed (your skin cells regenerate while you're sleeping). I always want to maximize the effect of this product and get the most out of it.
I am a bit of a skincare junkie and I've tried countless masks, and this one is my hands-down favorite. Will re-purchase again and again!

on 10/10/2012 4:39:00 PM

This really didn't work for me. Even though I tested it on the inside of my elbow, my face went red and blotchy. I tried it alongside the invisible pores mask as it was working so well. Luckily it was only a tester. Given everyone else's rave reviews, maybe it's great for people who don't have sensitive skin. Love the ethos and packing across the entire Ren range.

At first I like its texture and consistency, mostly while applying it. Seconds later though, it felt too greasy on my oily/combination skin - this truly feels like spreading marmelade on your face.
It does smell nice, but its scent does not linger too long. I left it act for about 20 minutes (they recommend 10) and felt no tingling, just a little bit of warmth around my nostrils when I was breathing in and out. I wiped it away using a warm muslin cloth. Did not do much.

I find that this mask is in the same group as the Elemis Papaya Enzyme peel mask, and the Elemis one is by far superior to this one, as far as texture and results go. It even smells better, in my opionion, and it does tingle a wee bit (even though I do not really have sensitive skin), whilst when using the Ren Glycolactic I felt nothing move. The Elemis Enzyme Peel leaves the skin smoother and softer and it does feel like it's doing more as far as the unclogging pores business is concerned.

I tested it using a sample that was generously given to me by a friend (contained enough for 3 applications) and I would not purchase. I do appreciate the pretty packaging, but the actual product does way too little and costs a fair amount of money. There's better options out there.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I came across this particular product when I purchased a set of the small size REN products. I should say that at first I did not like it much. Its texture was a bit unusual and I had itchy sensation when I used it. But I decided to carry on using it once a week and to my surprise I noticed good improvements in my skin condition. My skinís texture is uneven because of the acne and I also tend to have some dark spots. This mask is one of the best products to fight these issues. Now that my face has got used to it I donít have any irritations or itchiness. My skin tone has improved significantly and now this mask is my must have procedure every week. However I think it could be a bit too strong for people with sensitive skin.

on 8/12/2012 1:34:00 PM

I do no get the love for this product. The consistency is like a combination of honey and orange marmalade. Disgusting. At 10 minutes it was burning. After removing it I was blotchy and red. Horrible.