REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 9/14/2013 6:48:00 AM

Ren provide fantastic sample sizes. I was given a 15 ml sample and have used the product twice to date, I think this might become my Sunday night mask , preparing my skin for the week ahead :) I throw in another treatment mid week dependent on how my skin is behaving and what season we are in! So you are meant to use this once a week , I apply a layer of the gel with my fingers and I do experience a mild tingle ,I leave it on for about 20 mins. I remove with a damp cloth and then pop on a serum ( EL at the moment ) This hasn't disappointed, on both occasions my skin has been left feeling soft and fresh looking , I have notice when applying my product's the next morning they go on really well and I look brighter . As I said this was a sample and I think I might have another 2 sessions left maybe 3 . I will definitely repurchase this and will be really keen to see the results after prolonged use.

on 9/3/2013 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is by far my favourite mask! I have dry skin that is also sensitive, and this makes my skin feel so good. It does not break me out. The mask doesn't dry my skin out like some of the clay masks I've tried. My skin always feels like a baby's bottom the next morning, I apply it at night normally before a big event. I am so lucky I have found this. I'm not sure how it would work on oily skin, but for my dry skin ladies try this out! A little goes a long way. It is expensive but you get your moneys worth.

I can't live without this. It's expensive but I need this to unclog my pores. I use it once a week.

on 8/29/2013 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Over all a rubbish product. It did nothing. Total waste of money.

It says the following on the package: Skin looks brighter, healthier, more radiant. Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Combats congestion, blackheads and blemishes.

The product does none of the above and actually helps with congestion

The quality of this product does not justify the price. I do not mind spending money on skin care that works but this was simply a waste!!

on 8/29/2013 3:21:00 AM

Sencillamente una delicia...deja la piel muy bien! creo que tiene una gran calidad -precio

on 8/28/2013 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is a lifesaver.
I have dry-normal skin. I exfoliate twice weekly. Cleanse twice daily. Moisturize twice a day. And occasionally wear CC cream (I like a natural makeup free look). I never broke out in my teens but three months ago my forehead started breaking out in the most stubborn acne ever. They stayed for weeks and the scars wouldn't fade away. I tried everything from natural treatments to benzoyl peroxide and NOTHING worked. I kept getting fresh breakouts.

So I said enough is enough went on MUA and did the most extensive research I've ever done in my life. This is what I ended up with. I went to Sephora and was recommended this product (research+recommendation= HAS to work yes?) YES. IT WORKED. I've been using it a month. All the scars have faded away and no new breakouts in sight. My skin is back to normal and is radiant and glowing like it's meant to be. This is a chemical peel so it burns. I leave it on for the 10 mins like it says and the results take place overnight. So the next morning is when you would see if it worked. Your skin should be incredibly soft and glowing.

It's not a peel I would use for normal or dry skin (unless it's going through a rough time like mine did). But if you have trouble with blemishes I would def recommend it. It's pricey but was well worth it for me.

Update: the scars and blemishes from the awful skin-breakout phase (described above) were definitely completely cured through this mask. But then I noticed the mask didn't give me the same results after two months of regular use. My skin didn't look as glowing and fresh after as it used to before when I first started using this. So I stopped using it every week. Then I started getting the worst breakouts again. I've kept the blemishes at bay now through double cleansing and a clay mask but there are stubborn scars again. I am planning to use this again to see if it does anything to the scars. I notice I breakout after using this mask and it's making me think that my skin is vulnerable to impurities right after. Or it might be because I moisturize with rosehip seed oil. I will try to pair this with an oil free moisturizer and update again.

Update 2: I paired this with a cream - La Roche Posay cicaplast baume b5. Expected amazing results because of the rave reviews for that product. The scars did not diminish and my skin got congested. Threw out the cream and went back to grape seed oil. No difference.

2 days ago I paired this with Ren Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil. The results are amazing. The Glycolactic mask is now as potent as I found it the first time I used it. The congestion has gone away, the scars are fading and the redness has disappeared. I have high hopes for this combination and I'm glad I don't have to throw this mask away.

on 8/21/2013 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this mask. It makes my skin feel spa-smooth. It seemed gentle enough for me, but my skin isn't sensitive to begin with. I wouldn't repurchase due to the cost.

This is an alright product. It may be due to the fact that I use potent exfoliators (Exfolikate, BR P50, Alpha H Liquid Gold, Dr. Sebagh Exfoliating Mask), but this just doesn't really do it for me. My skin doesn't look or feel much different after I use it, and I think it's a little bit overhyped. I think this is a a great product for people who need more gentle exfoliation; but I can't justify spending $55 for an ounce of product if it doesn't WOW me and I feel like I can't live without it. I won't miss this when I use it up.

Also, note on the packaging: while I love the idea of it being very hygenic, I am worried that the pump is going to clog up and I won't have an easy way to access the remaining product.

Personally, I prefer the Dr. Sebagh Deep Exfoliating Mask, which I have purchased and would repurchase as the more aggressive version of this mask. My skin feels really refined after using that, so between the two, that is the clear winner for me.

on 7/21/2013 8:48:00 AM

I cannot believe the quality of this product. I got a deluxe sample size to try before I committed, but I am happy that I purchased the full-sized product. This is the most non-irritating exfoliating mask that I have ever used. It smells a little bit like spoiled fruit, but the smell is not so terrible that you cannot use the mask. The texture is balm-like, but it spreads out really easily on your face. The results are incredible. As soon as I was the mask off I can feel a difference in my skin. It is smoother and softer for a couple days afterward. In addition, the texture looks more refined. I did not want to spend so much money on a product, but I was so impressed with it that I just could not resist. I will definitely repurchase.

on 7/19/2013 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this product & the Ren line overall. It is a gentle but powerful exfoliator and I love that it's so natural. I used to use Dr Brandt's Microderabrasion In A Jar but this is so much more gentle than that scrub. It also exfoliates much more evenly than I could myself with that product.

How I use this: Cleanse my skin thoroughly then apply ~1 teaspoon over my face and leave it on for as long as possible (i.e. at least 3 hours to sometimes overnight for 7-8 hours). I use this once a week.

Results: My skin looks incredibly bright and clear. It is SUPER soft and smooth- my skin just drinks up my skincare products afterwards. I wouldn't recommend using this more than once a week because even though it is gentle, it is still a strong exfoliating product.