REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

I stumbled upon a natural, organic salon looking for suggestions on where to get a facial. The owner was on site, and her complexion flawless. She said one must repeatedly do treatments at home to maintain a wonderful outcome, and introduced me to REN Glycolactic. I LOVE it! The treatment goes on like a thick, sort of goopy citrus jelly. Smells great, and feels refreshing. I leave mine on between 30- 35 minutes, though you can drop it to even 10 minutes for sensitive skin. My dark splotches lightened with two uses, I felt immediate improvement of overall skin texture immediately, and my glow was to die for! I use it twice/ week, and my pre-treatment is the REN Micro Scrub Exfoliator, while the follow-up is the REN Radiance Perfection Serum. My skin has never looked better...

on 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a sample tube and really felt like it was doing something. I did feel some tingling but it was not too much. Will invest in a full size to see if it really does what it says.

on 8/22/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this from a sample at sephora after making a purchase and her only sales pitch was "beyonce uses it"...uh yeah, but what does it do? Anyway, it has a very thick marmalade texture. Applies easily and didn't cause any tingling or sensations to my skin. After leaving it on for 10 minutes and rinsing off my skin felt VERY soft...almost dolphin like and a tad brighter in complexion. I like it, but not enough to purchase for the price.

on 7/27/2014 10:25:00 PM

I first got a sample from Sephora and fell in love with it. I feel there are very few products that even with one use you can tell a difference but this is def one of them. This is the best exfoliator I have ever used, I would even go as far as to say it's better than micro. Your skin will glow. It's amazing.

I have bought this mask twice now and will continue to use it as part of my arsenal for acne prone skin. Although it does not necessarily prevent big flare ups - which are usually down to lifestyle choices for me - it really does help heal bigger spots and is great for the aftermath of a break out. Generally I don't get major break outs, just really easily clogged pores. This definitely helps to reduce the amount of clogs, even just using it religiously once a week. I see that there are lots of people saying to use it 2-3 times a week which I may start doing, just been scared of aggravating my skin. As far as chemical exfoliators go this has got to be the best one I've ever tried and is the only one that comes close to a professional glycolic peel. The only time it stings is when you have an active break out and it will only sting in those spots which is just proof it is working. I'd also use this over a manual exfoliator any day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am quite disappointed with this product, considering how much it cost ($66CND + HST at Sephora). I have not used many AHA-based products on my acne-prone skin, so I thought I would start with a somewhat gentler product and this had good reviews and was accessible. I apply 2 pumps to give a thin layer on my face, neck, and chest once a week after showering. The poster below who compared the product to marmalade was spot-on - this mask has an unusual and not unpleasant gel texture and smells like citrus.

It's true, this has not caused any irritation for me, even applied to my more sensitive neck and left on for longer than the recommended 10 minutes. I do not feel any burning, but I do feel some gentle flushing where I've applied the mask, and it does not leave me with any redness on removal. I'm only using this once per week, but I seem to be going through it very quickly, much faster than my other face masks, of which I use similar amounts. The bag-within-a-tube packaging is very cool and hygienic, but it also looks like you're getting more product than you actually are.

After using this product consistently for a month, I have noticed just about zero change in the condition of my skin. I was not expecting dramatic results, but I thought that some of my post-acne scarring might have lightened (I do wear a high-PPD sunblock daily) and my skin texture might have evened out somewhat, but no such luck. My skin feels a little softer after using this mask, but that is not enough for me to justify repurchasing. I see better results from a homemade yogurt mask, and considering the minimal results and considerable expense of this mask, I would not recommend this mask to others.

on 4/24/2014 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I received a sample of this product from Sephora, tried it, and loved it! It's a great way to exfoliate and reveal fresh skin without using microbeads or gritty scrubs. The thick orange gel smells like a burst of fresh oranges. After smoothing it all over the face, you wait 10 minutes, then wash off with the muslin cloth that is provided. During those ten minutes, I can feel my face tingle a bit, but there's no uncomfortable burning. As soon as it's washed off, my face looks bright, clean, fresh and very soft. Fine lines seem to be less harsh or wiped away. The bottle directs users to use this product weekly. I'm hoping that with consistent use, my melasma (hyper-pigmentation that is hereditary) will lighten up. The price is moderately pricey, but I purchased it during a time when Sephora was offering a promotional discount.

According to the label on the bottle, Ren skincare is against animal testing. Their products contain no parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance, synthetic colours, TEA, DEA, glycols, silicones, pegs, et al.

on 3/28/2014 10:23:00 AM

I quite like this mask. The texture is rather off-putting - very sticky and slightly jelly-like - a little like spreading pineapple jam on your face. It's quite tingly on application, and leaves my not particularly sensitive skin rather red, but has only mild exfoliating properties. I look mildly glowy afterwards, but overall the product just feels a bit too bracing to give a nice pampering experience.

on 3/11/2014 11:57:00 PM

I love this mask! Brightens the skin and the Alpha Hydroxy Acids really helped smooth my skin and helped heal any acne.
It feels a little weird putting it on, it feels like honey and doesn't dry. My boyfriend calls me "grease face" when its on because I look so sticky...
The only reason I would not buy this again is that I have graduated to using a higher concentration of glycolic acid treatments with better results. - and the price is a bit steep.

on 3/9/2014 4:18:00 AM

This didn't do anything for me. After some research on the REN site, I learned that this mask has only 6.5% glycolic acid. I don't think that's enough for my heavily exfoliated, acne-prone skin. For context: I use Peter Thomas Roth's Unwrinkle Peel Pads, which have a 20% complex of glycolic and many other acids, every other night for 45 minutes or more without irritation. This REN mask is just too weak for my skin type.

As mentioned in previous reviews, this also has the consistency of thin orange marmalade and smells like it, too. I couldn't help but thinking that I was feeding my skin sugar instead of helping it renew cells. Not a clean feeling.