Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this! I bought the Clinique version of this and recently went back to the neutrogena powder foundation. The Neutrogena one is just better. It mimics my natural skin, makes it luminous and just perfects it effortlessly. And, it's way cheaper than Clinique! LOVE IT!
I am loyal to the Neutrogena mineral pressed powder foundation now after straying temporarily. :)

on 8/17/2011 1:03:00 PM

I have used Neutrogena SPF powder foundation for 8 years now, and I am so grateful!! I spend a lot of time out in the sun, and this powder stops me from getting sunburnt.

I miss Neutrogena healthy defense, which had SPF 30, but the SPF 20 has helped me from getting burnt in Orlando's summer, so apparently the difference is unimportant.

My face gets shiny and red very easily, and this powder perfectly evens out my complexion, while blending easily and not showing that obvious foundation line between jawline and neck.

The only flaw in this product is the packaging. The flip case has the powder on top, and then you have to open a lower case to access the mirror and application pad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't generally give products 5s, but this one deserves it. I've been using this powder for four years now, and haven't found anything that compares for my oily, yellow-toned fair complexion. I use Nude 40 (note: when I first started wearing MU I used shades 20 or 30, which were both too pale and pink >.< ) I can wear it on its own for light coverage, or use it to set my tinted moisturizer for medium coverage.
Note: when you first apply it, it will look chalky and makeup-y. After an hour or so it settles into my skin and looks flawless and really natural. This in itself is a small miracle, as I soak through most other powders in an hour.
IT DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT HALLELUJAH! :D lol
It won't cover acne pimples (I use MAC studio finish concealer in NC25 for that), but it does sheer out scars and cover up flat areas of redness and blotchiness so I don't need to use much concealer at all.
I'd really recommend this to anyone looking for a good basic makeup.

on 6/28/2011 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great powder foundation. I have oily skin, and have trouble with large pores on my nose. After washing my face, I start with the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer as my "base", and a few minutes later, I apply this powder foundation. My skin looks great! I also feel like my skin can breathe. My makeup lasts all day (even in the summer) and I only need to blot oil minimally through the day. Neutrogena products are made with SPF, and contain nutrients that are beneficial to the skin. Highly recommend!

on 6/19/2011 11:46:00 AM

i used this a few yrs ago but had trouble getting the right color then forgot about it. before it i had been using BE religiously then after physicians formula as a cheaper less skin irritating alternative to the BE.after many months of using PF i started getting unusually bad welts/pimples and cyctic like acne i changed everything cleansers , creams etc ...realized maybe it was the PF so got this in 40 nude one day and within 24 hours my skin started to clear up 3-4 days later almost completely clear ! true it is not as finely milled as BE or PF but what i suspect is the finer the particles the more pore clogging and absortion into the skin thus causing more potential reactions! this does look cakey for bout 15 mins then starts to melt into and blend with ur natural oil( make sure u moisturize immediately b4 applying 4 best results!) truly i can feel that my poes arent blocked and can breath my face actually feels cooloer and more comfortable...sort of soothed.EDIT looks too flat and think the mica or somthing wud cause breakouts i have moved on!

on 6/7/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Update: I loved this. NO lines, pores, separating with oils, great color, stays in place etc. They decided to take the sunblock out of it. Neutrogena's phone rep said it was a business decision. I need the addtional physical block over my chemical block mositurizer since I have melasma. Now I have no use for it. Hope I can find something comparable.

This I hated every mineral powder foundation I have ever tried especially with mica as an ingredient because it causes the shine, which only calls out lines and pores. I winced when I saw this had mica. Don't know how they got it to look matte but not powdery matte. It took a few minutes for it to meld into my skin. Used the pad for a more matte finish with no luminosity that accentuates pores and fine lines. I always return to liquid with a loose powder cover, but not this time.
Like : Titanium Dioxide based SPF to put over my chemical block;
Smooth matte finish no matter the hot temperature and humidity;
Fine lines; pores and wrinkles are not accentuated;
stays in place and doesn't transfer; not too powdery or drying; classic ivory looks neutral on my skin, not peachy or pinky; color does not oxidize; handles oil well; minimum t-zone shine after many, many hours; doesn't rise to the surface and separate; no clogged pores; light & breathable on the skin given I use a lighter moisturizer and not my heavy one; evens skin tone; light to medium coverage

Dislike: The mirror is on the bottom part of the compact so I have to flip back and forth constantly while applying.

on 5/30/2011 3:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this compact foundation. I've had this product for a while now just never did a review about it. It's very matte and as an acne victim I don't use it by itself and it's just not enough to be by itself. I would buy it again. I just haven't ran out because I don't use it much. My skin is always looking different every day. Sometimes my skin looks best with just a liquid foundation I set and sometimes it looks better with this matte powder foundation on. So it's not a daily product. However when I do use it I absolutely adore the way it goes on so smoothly all over my face balancing my liquid foundation out and overall giving me a flawless look. Keep this in stock Neutrogena!

on 5/8/2011 7:15:00 PM

Gives decent sheer coverage, but makes me look very cakey! Settles in dry patches, but does a fairly good job evening out skin color. Probably won't be purchasing again.

on 4/27/2011 1:30:00 AM

This is one of few makeup products I've ever entirely used up in my life. I love that it gives me just enough coverage to even out my skin tone without making me look cakey. Drawbacks: a little pricey, and poor packaging. The Neutrogena packaging for their mineral powders is dumb. I hate having to flip back and forth between the mirror and the powder pan. I also don't like deceptive packaging that is much bigger than the amount of product actually inside. Still, I'd buy this product again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Pros: great coverage. Non-irritating. Good colors for olive complexions like mine on the yellower end of the spectrum. Gives a soft-focus effect in indoor lighting.

Cons: looked cake-y and unnatural in bright sunlight. Not enough colors to choose from--I was in between shades. Doesn't wear that naturally; fades in patches and leaves skin oily. Worst of all, as the day wears on, leaves a grayish cast to my skin. It's a very odd effect because even though the tone of the foundation is golden, it looks ashy and smudged from certain angles.