Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

on 10/23/2013 1:38:00 PM

Update: this is beginning to sit in my lines more since i am getting more of them so imam using it a dusting powder rather than a foundation.just lightly with a powder brush and not heavily with the sponge.
I love this product. It goes on smooth and stays on a long time with a primer of course which I use with all my foundations even the pricey ones. It doesn't settle into my lines and doesn't change color as the day goes on. It has good coverage and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It has parabens which I wish it didn't, but overall I am very happy with it.

on 10/23/2013 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i got this in buff 30 and everything was a perfect match for my skintone which is pretty light since it is fall and the coverage was flawless and i loved it so much... but my allergies have been so bad and this product made my allergies worse than they already are so i put it in my drawer for now in hopes that my allergies get better and this product isnt making my allergies worse... but im 100% sure that i am allergic to an ingredient in this product :(

I have always been a big fan of Neutrogena products and just recently started using this foundation after returning my clinique perfectly real foundation (color was way too orange, and I even got color matched!) I'm using the color nude which is a tad light on my summer skin but looks fine with bronzer and doesn't look orange at all :) i have oily skin and this definitely holds up amazingly . I apply with the sponge it comes with then I dust a brush over my face just to get off any excess powder. Overall I am very satisfied !

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE Neutrogena powders! I stay away from anything that is not just a basic powder, i.e. spf, skin clearing treatments, age defying ingredients. I have super sensitive skin and I really cannot use a lot of the products out there however, I can always count on Neutrogena. I was looking for my usual Healthy Skin pressed powder which is another review but I decided to try the Mineral Pressed Powder. This one without spf is really hard to find which sucks because this is the one the I love. I use Classic Ivory 10, it's the lightest shade and it's a nice slightly neutral/warm shade. I have really cool, fair skin and it works well with my complexion. It covers the redness and any blemishes that I have and does not flake or make my dry skin look papery. After applying it, I usually gently pat the product down so that it looks a little more natural on my skin. I've used this one for about 3 months and I would definitely repurchase.

Since I just bought my 3rd compact of this I thought I should take a minute to review. I switched to mineral makeup after finally figuring out that my skin hates silicones and being tired of break outs all the time. My skin is sensitive and rosacea prone with redness in my nose and cheeks. This has improved my skin so much that I find myself using less and less as time goes on. I do use the lightest shade, 10, which is a good match, but I could see extremely fair girls having a rough time matching their color. I apply this over sunscreen with my Urban Decay optical blurring brush, as I'm not a fan of the sponge. If I need a little extra coverage I'll use a flat top brush. One coat over my entire face and a second coat over my red areas covers well. My skin tone appears even, but my freckles are still there, which is a nice natural look for me. It lasts all day, with a touch up over red areas in the evening. It doesn't dry out or irritate my face, and doesn't sink into pores or fine lines. No oxidation at all. I could see it looking powdery if you layer too much, but not a problem with light layers. The compact is bulky, and if you drop it the powder will shatter, unfortunately. It is more expensive than some, but I'll pay for a quality ds product. Walgreens and Meijer frequently put it on sale for bogo half off, so I stock up then. Overall I'm very happy with this and will continue to buy. EDIT 1/30/14: switched to Pur Minerals, as the light is a better shade for me. This was too yellow, and the Pur Minerals has better coverage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

After suffering from Perioral dermatitis due to a cyclopentasiloxane and silicone allergy in liquid makeups, I'm so happy to have found this makeup. It's affordable and easy to find. Matches my skin very well and covers well. It's sheer to medium but I would not build it up too much. This makeup is helping my face heal. The ingredients are very safe and I have had no reactions to it at all. No itchiness, no irritation. For me that is a bonus. I do think it is slightly drying but my skin is a little fragile and dry right now. Using a non silicone primer has helped it go on even smoother (Korres Anti-aging primer is a nice non-silicone one).

I would say that if you have very sensitive skin or need a quick powder to even out your skin for daily wear this is a excellent drugstore formulation (Which is rare to find). I do think the Maybelline mineral makeup is a better finish but it makes me a itch a bit, this one does not.
the finish is matte which is good for oily skin, I'm more dry so I use a Mineral illuminating on top and it looks great, natural and my skin can breathe!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this ! (This is coming from a "only high end makeup is good makeup" perspective) which is stupid because that's not always true. Anyways, I love this. I don't like wearing liquid foundation it feels too heavy and I don't need all the coverage. But this is amazing, it has a light barely-there feeling yet makes my skin look flawless. I actually stipple it on with the Urban Decay optical blurring brush and my skin ends up looking so smooth. I know this product has made a difference (I wear primers, concealer, and bronzer etc) because it wasn't until I started wearing it that I've been getting the most compliments ! Very affordable. The packaging is a bit too chunky to carry around, but I tuck it away in a vanity drawer. Its light feeling for the summer weather while still providing great coverage. Impressed! Will repurchase again and again.

on 4/27/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a really nice powder foundation for normal-to-dry skin. It doesn't settle, which is good, and has an SPF of 20, which is even better. (Though you shouldn't rely on powder alone for sun protection if you're going to be out for an extended time.) The color selection is poor, though: nothing for very light or very dark skin. I have shade #20 (Natural Ivory), and it's a pretty close match to MAC's Studio Fix Powder in NW20.

on 4/12/2013 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I apply this every morning to my T-zone over bare skin or liquid foundation/bb cream. Can't speak to it as a foundation, but as a setting/finishing powder it works great. It is invisible on the skin and does away with shine.

One lippie off because the compact broke.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Another Neutrogena product I have used for years. I like this as a cheap alternative to Clinique's Almost Powder foundation.

This is a nice light well blending powder that does not cake or creep into fine lines. It mattes the skin but never looks chalky.

The only complaint I have is I hate the packaging. I prefer the traditional clam shell type.

Otherwise this is a great light finishing powder for anyone with slightly dry to slightly oily skin. I would not use it as a foundation as the coverage is way to sheer. But it is a great powder with sunscreen which is very hard to find.