Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product so badly because I have tried other mineral makeups in the past and they just didn't work for me, but I thought Neutrogena would have nailed it. What a waste of time. This one just did not work for me. First of all, it took me forever to get some powder on the brush so at first I assumed the the powder was super sheer, but then I shook it very vigorously and like other reviewers, I banged it on the counter and then I could see the powder coming out in a small circular area right in the middle of the brush. I applied it and I couldn't get even coverage, it doesn't work well over moisturizer. So if I want to use it, I have to dust my usual loose powder over my entire face and then apply this minerlal powder. The brush is akward and it's too square, it should have been round. On top of this it makes my pores look huge and my skin looks better bare! This doesn't make me glow or look radiant, it just looks matte and cakey and chalky and just plain wack. I will not buy this again. I am sticking with liquid foundation, it makes my skin look so much better.

I recently tried Physician's Formula mineral powder and was not impressed. Very chalky looking. So when I saw this product, I just had to go out and try it.

I'm not completely thrilled with it. First off, the plastic piece that slides up and down, broke off and now the powder pours out. I tried reattaching it but it won't stay in. Also, the brush leaves little black bristles across my skin. Like a typical, cheaply made brush.

The coverage isn't great. And I realize it is a sheer but it doesn't seem to even out my sensitive skin either. It actually seems to have irritated it, Making me look older. And I think the powder is actually quite obvious, especially in sunlight. My covergirl powder worked better for half the price.