Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.4

on 4/11/2008 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The color was beautiful on my skin. However. The brush was rough, the entire thing was messy, the cap always came off in my purse, and the product made my skin break-out! Happy having finally found the perfect shade-- this product made me very thoroughly disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just bought this Neutrogena compact at Walgreens. I thought it was pretty expensive for a drugstore brand but I looked at it and thought, "well at least they give you a lot of product." I was wrong. The powder itself only reaches halfway down the compact. The rest of it at the bottom is a place to hold a round applicator sponge. And there is also a mirror. I rarely have a problem with the packaging of powder comapcts. I mean, what's there to complain about anyway? But for this one, I worrying that it's going to break on me because it feels so light and flimsy! By the way, I think Neutrogena should make more shades because after careful debating, I finally picked up "Nude" and now I think it might be a bit too light for me. I hate bad drugstore lighting. Maybe I should learn to carry a handheld mirror with me when I shop for foundations. Now that I'm done complaining about the packaging and the color, the powder itself is pretty good. Honestly, I don't really know what made me buy this because I never wear powder foundations. I don't like my face to be matte, so I always wear liquid foundation that gives me a bit of a glow. I guess it was all the hype about the new " mineral makeup" craze that's taking over. This pressed powder is good if you want a sheer, natural looking foundation without any shimmer or glitter in it.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm reviewing Honey Beige. As with many Neutrogena products this is one you'll buy again and again. Superb color and quality for the price. Drugstore brands have finally moved away from the pinky, orangey shades of the past towards more yellow based colors. I'd guess that a swipe of this will be great for a little summer color when you don't want to wear much foundation.

on 1/25/2008 9:34:00 AM

This is the worst foundation I have ever tried. It left my face shiny and muddy.

I JUST BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT TODAY. I WANTED TO REPLACE MY MAC STUDIO FIX FOR SOMETHING CHEAPER AND THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT. I USE C4 IN MAC STUDIO FIX AND I BOUGHT THE NATURAL BEIGE AND IT IS A GREAT MATCH. I WILL DEFINITELY BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN THE COVERAGE WAS BUILDABLE AND IT FELT COMFORTABLE AND NOT HEAVY LIKE STUDIO FIX ALSO IT DID NOT BREAK ME OUT LIKE STUDIO FIX. I RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT. GREAT COVERAGE AND THE PRICE IS JUST RIGHT AND EASY TO BUY YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO A DEPARTMENT STORE AND BE HELPED BY SNOBBY SALES PEOPLE.

on 1/6/2008 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst mineral foundation I have ever tried and I've tried alot! The powder goes on unevenly.......it does not even go on as good as a powder compact....just awful do not waste your money like I just did!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LIKE THIS PRODUCT, ITS SHEER BUT ENOUGH COVERAGE FOR ME. IT ALSO DOESNT BREAK MY SKIN OUT. THE PACKAGING WAS A GREAT IDEA GONE BAD BUT NOT HORRIBLE. I LIKE NOT HAVING IT ALL IN ONE SHOP BECAUSE ITS CONVEINT. THE CAP DOES BREAK EASILY AND THE BRUSH DOES GET A LIL ROUGH AND SOMETIMES I HAVE TO PICK "HAIRS" OFF WHEN IM DONE APPLYING BUT FOR THE PRODUCT AND PRICE ITS A GOOD DEAL IF YOU CAN TOLERATE THE PACKAGING. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL UPGRADE THAT PROBLEM. USUALLY I PURCHASE THESE WHEN THEY ARE BUY 1 GET 1 FREE...OR BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF

on 9/24/2007 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have good and bad comments. I'll start off with the bad: poor packagine bc the cap breaks off eventually and the powder doesn't come out as i'd expect it to. not much comes out unless you shake it alot. the brush gets rough too.
good comment of the product: the actual powder is nice bc it doesn't make me look ashy. (i'm mixed: black and filipino, so i have medium dark color with an olivy/orange(?) undertone) its enough coverage for me since i don't have terrible skin. i've repurchased many times.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

this is a great alternative to liquid or creme foundation, for example in the summertime. if you are looking for full flawless coverage you may want to try something else, i've found that bare essentuals might give you that extra coverage.. i've used them for 3+ years now and just recently switched to the mineral sheers, as i was seeking something similar and less pricey (as loyal as i was in the fan following, i was growing tired of having to repurchase not only the foundation but the warmth, mineral veil, etc..) this offers pretty good staying power for the most part but after awhile you might need to touch up around the t-zones if you've got combo/oily skin like me. what i love most about this product is how easy it is to find your color match. they make it very simple to pick between fair to light, light to medium, medium to tan...if you happen to pick one thats too light for your face i recommend a dusting of the physician's formula mineral bronzer over it. i've repurchased this item a few times already.

on 5/18/2007 2:11:00 AM

It pretty much lives up to its name because it is quite “sheer.” I have Neutral to Medium, but probably could use the Medium to Tan. My skin is looking way less than perfect these days so I usually need at least medium coverage, but this product is perfect for travel. And it at least slightly de-shines my face, while imparting a pretty noticeably glowy luminosity. I guess it does ever so slightly even out my skin tone and smoothes out my blemishes, but not by much. The product design seems to be quite nifty, but as others have reported – can be a pain in the arse and then some. I think this is an all right drugstore product that I may possibly swap for, but I don’t think I would repurchase it on my own just because I do need that extra coverage!