Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.4

on 4/3/2009 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm just gonna echo what most of the reviews are. This stuff doesn't even stay on my face. Most of it goes out into the air. I use my powder brush to try to spread it around and cover more It doesn't seem like a fine powder that'll go on "sheer", it's just like...powder that comes out and once you run your brush over it, it comes off. I was so disappointed. I won't be buying this again.

on 3/31/2009 10:06:00 AM

I really like this product. I use it as my foundation and I think it gives good coverage. You need to moisturize your skin really well prior to using it otherwise it can look flakey. The color also matches really well to my skin tone.
I think I'll be repurchasing this.

on 2/11/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do not have bad acne or scars but my skin is a bit uneven. I use this alone and it does the job great. Looks very natural because it matched my skin color perfectly (olive). The only I suggest is exfoliate once in a while because I applied this on my face when my skin was horrible and you could see the lines.

on 2/11/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

on 11/25/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! It's looks very natural on my skin but be warned, it doesn't have much coverage, which I expected from "Mineral SHEERS". And if you apply too much it can definitely look CAKEY. I use my own kabuki brush (from Everyday Minerals, given by a friend who never used it) instead of the provided sponge. And I have to say.. OMG, it looks amazing. This product is worth a try, especially since it's not the most expensive product out there! I really like how it gives me a healthy looking glow, has SPF 20 and that it doesn't break me out.. unlike CG powders. :( Anyways, get get get this product.

I really really wanted to love this product, because i love neutrogena. i trust them, especially with the whole dermatologist reccomended thing they have going for them, but i don't like this. And having bought it in june and just reviewing it now says i gave it a fair chance. Ill start with packaging...i know its sanitary for the mirror and puff underneath but i prefer a mirror on top and its a bit bulky. the color selection wasn't bad. i have some yellow in me and i found a good color match. the coverage was light with a brush and heavy with the sponge, but to me really didnt cover anything, just kind of evened things out. which is fine for me but i do break out occasionally and would like something to cover it on its own, not need a whole seperate product. im in college i dont have time for a long routine in the morning. the main reason i dont like this is the way i looked while photographed wearing this. my skin looks off colored, greasy, and gross. so i will not repurchase

The thing I dislike about purchasing foundations/powders at the drugstore is that it's a guessing game. There are rarely, if ever, testers so it's pretty much a hit or miss kind of deal. I initially purchased this product in #40 Nude and ended up looking like a corpse. Therefore, I had to go back to Longs and exchange it for the next darker shade, #50 Soft Beige. I love it that most drugstore policies allow you to return used makeup products, although the sales people hate it and discourage it apparently because the makeup return process is a real hassle. I love the lightweight coverage, the fact that it's SPF 20, and that the color decently matches my skin tone. I dislike the fact that it's a little drying on the skin, making my face flaky in some places and the spongy applicator isn't the best so I replaced it with a compact powder puff instead. I'll probably finish the product, but I'm not sure if I'll purchase it again. As far as pressed powders go, I've found that L'Oreal's True Match has worked best for me.

on 7/5/2008 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I generally dislike loose mineral foundation because of the mess factor, and have longed for a pressed portable alternative. This is very nearly perfect for 12.99. The coverage is medium, but with a concealer or tinted moisturizer with spf underneath, it is enough. It applies evenly with the sponge, and there is no shine, no itch, no mess. So quick! I would not and do not rely on this for your only spf.

The colors are similar to their liquid makeup line, and as a BE medium beige, I wear the 50 in the winter and 60 in the summer.

6/09 I edited this to upgrade to 5 lippies--this has become my HG summer/mineral foundation. At Target they have a package with a free brush. The brush leaves a lot to be desired, but hey, it was free.

on 5/12/2008 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, i don't know what everybody else saw in this product. First of all, coverage: on the sheer side, but if applied with the sponge is medium. Lasting power: lasted about 5 hours but needed a few touch-ups. Overall appearence when wearing: natural beige was orange...applied it to my neck and it looked iffy. After 3 hours my skin looked oily...and it wasn't, this stuff just made it look very oily and weird. Price: $11! For a bad product....thankfully i can still return it! Quality: It didn't give me a rash, made my skin itch a little. Overall: Bad product, made my face look weird, and it was on the high side for a drugstore product.

on 4/28/2008 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I find this foundation to do everything that I need a mineral foundation to do, with none of the drawbacks of loose mineral powder (ie BE). The Neutrogena compact gives me full coverage (which I need) with the enclosed sponge applicator, used dry. The compact keeps the sponge seperate from the foundation powder, and includes a big mirror, which is nice; very portable without mess, too. The coverage is pretty matte, not shiny at all. Do use a good moisturizer underneath, and I use Smashbox primer as well. I work in a hot & sweaty enviroment, and this stays put all day. I don't know as my skin has dramatically improved since using this, but I'm really sensitive (L'Oreal Bare Minerals made me break out in an itchy rash) and the Neutrogena hasn't caused any problems; in fact, I can't even tell I'm wearing it. I've already repurchased once and will again.