Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

on 6/19/2011 11:46:00 AM

i used this a few yrs ago but had trouble getting the right color then forgot about it. before it i had been using BE religiously then after physicians formula as a cheaper less skin irritating alternative to the BE.after many months of using PF i started getting unusually bad welts/pimples and cyctic like acne i changed everything cleansers , creams etc ...realized maybe it was the PF so got this in 40 nude one day and within 24 hours my skin started to clear up 3-4 days later almost completely clear ! true it is not as finely milled as BE or PF but what i suspect is the finer the particles the more pore clogging and absortion into the skin thus causing more potential reactions! this does look cakey for bout 15 mins then starts to melt into and blend with ur natural oil( make sure u moisturize immediately b4 applying 4 best results!) truly i can feel that my poes arent blocked and can breath my face actually feels cooloer and more comfortable...sort of soothed.EDIT looks too flat and think the mica or somthing wud cause breakouts i have moved on!

on 5/30/2011 3:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this compact foundation. I've had this product for a while now just never did a review about it. It's very matte and as an acne victim I don't use it by itself and it's just not enough to be by itself. I would buy it again. I just haven't ran out because I don't use it much. My skin is always looking different every day. Sometimes my skin looks best with just a liquid foundation I set and sometimes it looks better with this matte powder foundation on. So it's not a daily product. However when I do use it I absolutely adore the way it goes on so smoothly all over my face balancing my liquid foundation out and overall giving me a flawless look. Keep this in stock Neutrogena!

on 5/8/2011 7:15:00 PM

Gives decent sheer coverage, but makes me look very cakey! Settles in dry patches, but does a fairly good job evening out skin color. Probably won't be purchasing again.

on 4/15/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

light coverage, when used by itself. i think i'd rather use this over some liquid foundation as a setting powder. it doesn't last all day, by itself. neutrogena cosmetics never really help with my acne, it doesn't get worst or better. overall this foundation is okay, it's a bit overpriced for a drugstore powder foundation. but it IS by neutrogena, but it doesn't even help with acne.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

We were going great for a few days, and then the breakouts came. Also, I had to reapply a lot and it felt a little itchy and weird...but it looked so clean and nice. Bummer.

on 2/8/2011 7:37:00 PM

Amazing product,which I had some doubts being that is a *powder foundation.Love this.I doesn't give that powdery look & cakiness.Love this alot & will continue to buy this~

on 12/8/2010 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i got this about two yrs ago in an oprah gift bag. it was full sized and i still have plenty left because i only use it on one small area of my face. that said, it plays an important role in how i look imo; i have a really noticeable vein alongside one eye. its actually very greenish, and nothing but nothing covered it well before. i found that only mineral mu does, but i cannot tolerate it on the rest of my face, nor do i like the look of it elsewhere. cream concealers, liquid ones, graftobian foundation to dermablend, none covered the color of that darned vein!

this stuff doesn't totally either, however, for whatever reason, it covers it more than others and the texture next to my eye does not bring attention to the area, look odd there, plus it lasts all day. so for those who have a similar issue, this could really help. gonna stick with this instead, at least till i find something even better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product provides surprisingly good coverage for a powder compact foundation. It is sheer coverage, but it evens out skin tone really nicely. It also does a great job of minimizing pores on my moderately oily skin, giving a fresh and smooth appearance. My main challenge has been choosing the right color. The first time (over a year ago), I chose Natural Ivory 20, and didn't feel totally satisfied with the color. I next tried Classic Ivory 10, which worked much better for me because it is just as fair, but with a more flattering golden tone that balances out the redness in my neutral-to-pink - toned skin. Now, however, it is early autumn and I have a slight tan from summer. Classic Ivory is looking a little too pale, so I tried Nude 40 because Buff 30 looked too pink. I think Nude 40 may just be a little too deep and golden for me, though. I may need to look elsewhere to find a truly neutral fair-beige shade (neither too pink nor too yellow) that works with my skintone. Until then, I will try blending Classic Ivory and Nude when I want to use this beautifully-textured foundation.

on 8/11/2010 11:59:00 PM

I've used an entire compact of this before writing this review.

The Good: Had light to medium build-able coverage which is good for a powder foundation, has a smooth consistency, theres enough of it in the pan, comes with a decent sponge for emergency use, comes with a mirror, is easy to apply and is very handy in general. Doesn't break out skin, is very gentle and has an SPF.

The bad: Theres only a certain amount of coverage you can achieve, the amount of product visible is TOTALLY decieving because the bottom half is the sponge and mirror, if your skin is dry this will make it worse, has a tendency to dull skin, very few shades, not long lasting.

I would buy this again as possibly a powder to set foundation (if I had to) or if I found that a shade lighter worked better because the Buff 30 that I purchased was just a shade too dark and that only gets worse in certain lighting (I'm a fairly light neutral warm skinned asian mix). It's really handy if your skin is in good condition and you don't need too much coverage. In fact I guess I wish I could use something like this, but I prefer a medium coverage dewey neutral shade of foundation and this wasn't it. Kudos for the ease of use and one step application however.

THIS IS NOT A HEAVY FOUNDATION- IT IS VERY SHEER. I wanted a light foundation that wouldn't clog my pores, so I bought this and I really like it. It wasn't expensive at all and it comes with a sponge and mirror (I prefer using a Kabuki brush though). It doesn't cover redness (acne or acne scars) but it does give a nice glow to my skin. This foundation is also great for absorbing oil so my face never looked greasy!! For more information on this product, please visit my blog at http://glitterguide.blogspot.com