Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

I have always been a big fan of Neutrogena products and just recently started using this foundation after returning my clinique perfectly real foundation (color was way too orange, and I even got color matched!) I'm using the color nude which is a tad light on my summer skin but looks fine with bronzer and doesn't look orange at all :) i have oily skin and this definitely holds up amazingly . I apply with the sponge it comes with then I dust a brush over my face just to get off any excess powder. Overall I am very satisfied !

on 4/27/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a really nice powder foundation for normal-to-dry skin. It doesn't settle, which is good, and has an SPF of 20, which is even better. (Though you shouldn't rely on powder alone for sun protection if you're going to be out for an extended time.) The color selection is poor, though: nothing for very light or very dark skin. I have shade #20 (Natural Ivory), and it's a pretty close match to MAC's Studio Fix Powder in NW20.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Another Neutrogena product I have used for years. I like this as a cheap alternative to Clinique's Almost Powder foundation.

This is a nice light well blending powder that does not cake or creep into fine lines. It mattes the skin but never looks chalky.

The only complaint I have is I hate the packaging. I prefer the traditional clam shell type.

Otherwise this is a great light finishing powder for anyone with slightly dry to slightly oily skin. I would not use it as a foundation as the coverage is way to sheer. But it is a great powder with sunscreen which is very hard to find.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $7-$10 US Dollars, which is a good price for DS foundations.
COVERAGE: Light-Medium, I find it to be quite buildable.
FINISH: Semi-matte with a slight sheen that most mineral makeups give. I find the finish very natural and quite lovely :)
TEXTURE: Soft, seems finely milled.
SCENT: None
SPF: Yes, 20
LASTING POWER: This lasts all day on me. I have never had a problem with it breaking down, or getting excessively oily. It will fade slightly as the day goes on, but not to the point where it is completely gone.
SHADES: I usually get this in "Nude". They really need more shades in this foundation, the darkest shade is not NEARLY deep enough.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope, has a very gently formula, as it claims.
PACKAGING: I dont like the packaging. I wish they would skip the bulky compact packaging and put more product in instead, because I find that I run out it in less than a month.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes, when I have better skin I dont need to use as much to get the coverage I want.
FINAL VERDICT: This is a really great DS mineral makeup. Try it out!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to say this is an average powder that is sheer to medium buildable coverage. I intentionally bought this powder due to the SPF so that I can apply this over my face when I needed to reapply sunscreen. This powder is okay. If youre wearing sunglasses or glasses, it will definitely make it noticeable that youre wearing makeup, it leaves marks and indentations in the makeup... Overall it leaves a beautiful natural sheer finish that I like for staying out all day without any touchups.

on 12/13/2012 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Not a huge fan of this powder, it is too powdery, which obviously... it's a powder! But I have found powders, like the Milani Multitask powder (my current fav) which look much more natural. Especially considering how light the coverage is, this foundation looks WAY too fake. So yea... this just really wasn't a good powder for me :(

on 12/4/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and have yet to find a foundation that has "all day" coverage. This mineral foundation though does really well for sheer to medium coverage even with having to blot from oily skin during the day. Also is one that did not cause any breakouts or disturbances with my skin. I would definitly buy it again.

on 11/12/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Awesome Powder!
-I have the shade Natural Beige (I am a NC-30). I use it over the MAC prolong-wear concealer. Buff it into my face with an ELF powder brush.

Pros:
-love the way it blends into the skin
-very durable packaging
-nice mirror underneath
-shade matches great
-light to medium coverage depending on how much you pack on...layerable.
-lasts a pretty long time considering I have super oily skin...about 5hrs. I use the Urban Decay-deslick makeup setting spray before and after applying.

Cons:
-its about $10, but I wish it was a bit cheaper. but hey! it works great so I guess its worth it.
-powder pad that it comes with is useless (but so are most pads that come with other powders).
-can be cakey if you use too much, but if you continue to buff it out, it begins to look even.

on 8/21/2012 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this product. When used in combination with liquid makeup (I use smashbox's hd currently) it really allows it to last all day. Helps cover up any blemishes, and looks great. I'm new to using a powder finish, but if it's not broke don't fix it. I'll be repurchasing!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a really big Neutrogena fan. My skin is combination and I dont mean oily T-zone dry cheeks. Its oily and dry at the same time. But, I hate liquid foundations because of the heavy coverage and cakey finish they give me. I have never tried a powder, but hearing about how minerals are awesome, I thought I would give this a try. I'll review it in sections:
Packaging: I like it pretty well if you drop it, it won't break. But I personally have to kinda try to open it up. The mirror is so handy and a nice size. The sponge is pretty useless, so I gave that to my mom (Who likes them) and put some Mac eyeshadows that I always use in there. Perfect!
Coverage: Well, it does say "sheers" so I don't know what you're doing even looking this up if you want medium-heavy coverage. It can be a sheer coverage, but it's so buildable and goes up to medium without cakey. It gives the coverage that III need which is to hide my redness and oiliness - which it does nicely!
To wrap it up: It's a lovely product if you want to use it as a setting powder, or don't have too much acne and just want even, airbrushed, poreless, looking skin. The only reason I took a lippie off is because of the very matte finish, I prefer a bit of shine but my bronzer fixes that!