Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

on 11/23/2008 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to find a cheaper brand of pressed mineral powder/foundation than Fresh Face Luster, which is why I bought Neutrogena. The bar was set incredibly high, because Fresh is amazing. Luminous finish, and it's long lasting, offering flawless though light coverage. But it's also $45 and within six weeks of using, I had used enough of the stuff that the center of the pan was already showing. Plus, it's not a good foundation for traveling, as the top and bottom aren't attached and the powder is very soft.

Which brings me to Neutrogena's Pressed Powder Foundation. The lightest color (classic ivory) was a good match and the powder feels velvety and finely milled. (I'm a MAC NC15 to 20, depending on the season.)

But the Neutrogena's not flattering on me. Not chalky, but it's flat and makes my skin look dull. And my skin isn't dull without makeup (I've been doing lactic acids peels, and they're been so helpful). In fact, my naked skin looks better than it does with the Neutrogena Powder, whereas the Fresh makes my skin look more luminous.

Maybe the Neutrogena might work as a touch up powder mid-day to blot shine, but it's not working for me as a foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Eww... it turned me orange! 'nuff said. I won't be buying again for that reason.

on 5/12/2008 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, i don't know what everybody else saw in this product. First of all, coverage: on the sheer side, but if applied with the sponge is medium. Lasting power: lasted about 5 hours but needed a few touch-ups. Overall appearence when wearing: natural beige was orange...applied it to my neck and it looked iffy. After 3 hours my skin looked oily...and it wasn't, this stuff just made it look very oily and weird. Price: $11! For a bad product....thankfully i can still return it! Quality: It didn't give me a rash, made my skin itch a little. Overall: Bad product, made my face look weird, and it was on the high side for a drugstore product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As with their bronzer, this powder is a life saver! Although the coverage is very sheer, if paired with a concealer, I'm ready to go. No need to worry about a foundation brush, packing is so much less time consuming because I just have to grab it! Totally portable and exceptional for touch ups for hot humid days, or even hotter nights out! Good for your skin (no breakouts or irritations and I've been using this for 2 months or so!) and holds up to the more expensive lines (Sheer Cover and Bare Escentuals), so go for it. A note: it does take some getting use to the brush... it goes on but very sheer so you will have to build up the coverage. Takes away shine... and with the small price tag, you can stash one in all your handbags! I will never ever go back to regular foundations again...