Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

We were going great for a few days, and then the breakouts came. Also, I had to reapply a lot and it felt a little itchy and weird...but it looked so clean and nice. Bummer.

on 12/8/2010 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i got this about two yrs ago in an oprah gift bag. it was full sized and i still have plenty left because i only use it on one small area of my face. that said, it plays an important role in how i look imo; i have a really noticeable vein alongside one eye. its actually very greenish, and nothing but nothing covered it well before. i found that only mineral mu does, but i cannot tolerate it on the rest of my face, nor do i like the look of it elsewhere. cream concealers, liquid ones, graftobian foundation to dermablend, none covered the color of that darned vein!

this stuff doesn't totally either, however, for whatever reason, it covers it more than others and the texture next to my eye does not bring attention to the area, look odd there, plus it lasts all day. so for those who have a similar issue, this could really help. gonna stick with this instead, at least till i find something even better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Summertime is a time when my skin will not agree with a liquid foundation (my usual/previous foundation medium) as I think most are the same.
So I went looking for a good powder foundation and read the reviews on the Mineral Sheers foundations.
Neutrogena has always been pretty good and my skin agrees; haven't had any problems with their products so far.

I was afraid that my skin would turn out flaky with using powders, but oddly that's what was happening with the liquids I was using... they were way prominent and things were overall icky.

Anyway I had gotten Natural Ivory for myself. It was a pretty good match and actually a little darker than I expected... usually a little lighter is best with foundations. But this was ok... so if you think that it will go on extra light and powdery looking just because it is a powder, don't worry about it with these Mineral Sheers powders; the color you see is reliable.

It comes with a sponge under the actual foundation lid. I found that the sponge allowed for more coverage but it felt kind of weird so I opted for my own kabuki brush. I just wanted something light (Accutane, thank you) but that gave my skin a freshness and consistent evenness throughout. This definitely gave me that. I do have some deep pores from previous acne problems on the sides of my face but this masks any redness and such. I also kinda got over thinking about them.
I love looking at myself before and after I apply this because it makes you look 100% better and fresher!

I would recommend this to anyone wanting something light, not likely to cause any bad reactions, and that makes you look more fresh, awake, smooth, and even. If you have issues with flakyness I doubt it would be this product... you need to exfoliate your skin regularly

on 7/31/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I would really like this except the color is all wrong. I use the exact same color (Classic Ivory) in the healthy skin foundation with no problem but this is so YELLOW! I'm fair and very cool toned. So this looks unnatural on me; you can tell something's on my face and it gives me a rather sickly look.

I marked "would not buy again" for this reason but if they had a pinker version, I would buy it. I like the coverage. I think the people complaining about the coverage were wanted full coverage but what do you expect from something titled "Sheer"??? I'm trying to get away from liquid foundations because I'm become convinced my skin can't handle them but this worked well for me as a finishing powder while I was wearing them.

So, pink-toned PPP's in search of a light/medium coverage, drugstore, mineral powder for sensitive skin, head to Physician's Formula (although their LIQUID stuff seems to be more yellow toned). If you're yellow-toned this will work for you.

on 5/9/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product: Neutrogena Mineral Sheers, Powder Foundation, SPF 20, Natural Ivory 20, was my first attempt at using a mineral/powder foundation.

The product felt thick and powdery when applied and looked cakey reminiscent of all of the excess foundation and powder applications from the 80's. However, within about an hour, it appeared more natural. With time, the moisture from my skin must have started to mesh with the powder making it less powder-like on my face.

My skin becomes more dry this time of year from lots of bicycling so it's likely that I shouldn't be using this type of product at all during the warmer months. However, I do need good coverage--freckles, sun spots, etc., and this product delivered. (My largest concern with one of my current favorite liquid foundations is lack of coverage.) And, I need stronger sun protection this time of year--layering SPF 20 foundation on top of a sun-shielding moisturizer usually works well without the drawback of feeling too heavy like when using a single, higher SPF product.

I also decided that Natural Ivory 20 is too light for my skin. It appeared okay in the store when I held my hand up against the color-selector swatches on the store display--my hands are more tan than my face, but after getting it home, opening it up and applying it, it's definitely way too light (which could also be part of the problem with the cakey appearance.)

A real life problem that this product solved was the ability to travel. I'm constantly looking for sample-size products and powder forms because getting all of my liquids, gels, and creams through airport security is a real burden. Because I travel weekly, I am always on the look out for more travel-friendly alternatives. This product is a powder that replaces something that is normally a liquid, and as such, it frees up some extra "baggie" space for other liquid products.

I considered trying a darker shade, but have since decided to find another liquid product instead as my skin continues to become more dry as my time spent outdoors increases exponentially with the rising temps.

My overall impression of this product is that it's a great price, nice packaging and may work well for someone with oilier skin. It delivered good coverage and the thick powdery appearance decreased given a little wear time even on dry skin. I did not experience any increase in acne or other skin issues.

Bonus points: it went through airport security without needing to be "baggied" along with all of my other liquid products.

Cautions: if you have skin that tends to be on the drier side, you may want to reconsider; and find a store that will let you sample it first because the display color-selector didn't work well in my case.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I'm going through a mineral makeup phase at the moment and I've always been a sucker for Neutrogina's foundations, so I thought, why not give this a try?

I found the product was quite good, but really not brilliant. It isn't the best mineral foundation I've ever used by a long shot. I found it a tad cakey-it didn't sink in as well as most other powder foundations tend to do, and I thought that the particles of the powder weren't as tiny as some of the other powders I've tried, so it wasn't very natural looking and it didn't buff in as well as it could have with my kabuki.

Plus I have very fair skin (NW15) which is prone to redness, and the foundation didn't really help to conceal the redness, which was a pity. I would have had to have put on a lot of product to tone down the slight redness, which I wasn't prepared to do because it was just about bordering on being too dark for me (I bought Classic Ivory).

I must admit, the packaging is great though-there's a little sponge and a small mirror inside, which is handy.

Overall, it's an okay product-but I wouldn't buy it again.

I've been using this product off and on for a while. I keep coming back to it because I do notice my skin is smoother when I use this. The summer where I live is extremely Hot and Humid and this doesn't clog my pores or make my face burn or feel like I have a ton of make up on. It's great, you can build up the amount of coverage you need. I highly recommend this product, I just wish more came in the container.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My only regret is that I resisted trying mineral powder makeup for so long! I bought BE's loose powder and Neutrogena's powder foundation, and I LOVE the Neutrogena. I get compliments every time I wear it. And best of all, it covers the redness of my rosacea. I'm sold.

on 3/26/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like this product. It dries out my skin and settles into my fine lines. I guess it would be good for touch ups throughout the day, but that's about it.

on 1/11/2009 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is my daily foundation. It does lack staying power, but for me this is overcome by the stuff not breaking me out. It's more important that the skin under the foundation looks good. In other words the effect really lasts because I'm not embarrassed by what I see when I don't have it on. the other thing is I can really get this on quickly and run out of the house. I do feel the light is too light and the next color is too dark, so I mix a bit. Ideally I'd love to find a tinted moisturizer to use under this which would probably be the perfect combo.