Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been wanting to try this product since I'm only 13 and I don't want something that makes me look like I actually am wearing foundation. This definitely gets the job done, but I don't know about the staying power... we're heading into fall and I'm wearing jackets all the time and sometimes during tests my head would be resting against my sleeve and when I look at it, I could see the foundation on the sleeve. That's basically the only con. But I'm probably only going to wear this in the winter because the shade is just a little too light for my skin tone and I don't think it'll stay on... Overall, I do recommend this product if you're looking to cover up redness or uneven skin tones.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm an NC42 in MAC studio fix powder and for Neutrogena Mineral Sheers powder foundation I use the shade Honey Beige. First of all, this foundation has been very good to my skin. I have pretty sensitive skin and I haven't had a bad reaction to it. It's light-medium coverage. I prefer natural coverage where it doesn't look like I have completely flawless skin so this is great for me. I just use this to even out my skin tone. If you are looking for full-coverage, I do not recommend this because you will most likely be disappointed. It is also mess-free since it's in a compact, which is a big plus and great for on the go/traveling. I also don't recommend it to people with dry skin because it can accentuate the dry-ness.

on 4/15/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

coverage: very light
Ideal for oily skin, because it will dry out dry skin (i have combo skin and this made the skin in my nose get flaky)
makes skin matte and has spf20 in it
overall I reallly like it its great for my oily skin since it was flaking me out a little
i put a good amount of moisturizer on to leave my skin feeling a bit oily..and then put the mineral powder on ..my skin feels smooth and shine free but moisturized...hope this helps

i use a kabuki brush to put it on ..i like it better that the sponge that it comes with..

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I actually really like this product. I have tried every single powder foundation known to man lol (Kanebo, Dior, Chanel, Nars, Estee Lauder, Benefit, Shiseido, etc.) and when my Benefit powder randomly broke, I decided to try a drugstore foundation in a pinch. Well, my first thought was that I was shocked by the amount of coverage it gave for a sheer foundation. While for some people it was not enough coverage, I also wear Estee Lauder Double Matte foundation underneath because I have such oily skin. I also find that it looks soo much more amazing when applied with a brush, as other posters have noted. The compact looks cheap, but hey, its not that expensive for a powder foundation, at least not in comparison to what i usually buy. I would definitely buy this again, and I also love that it has not made my skin break out. Two thumbs up!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this product. I had been using MAC studio fix for a few years and I switched to this because the studio fix made me totally break out and my face looked like an oil spill by the end of the day. I tried this and the coverage was pretty much like MACs (which was the only reason i kept using studio fix). It does not oxidize (get darker) as the day goes on, like studio fix did. And the price is not that bad ($12ish). I love the sponge it comes with. The coverage is very buildable. Usually i'll apply this, then do all my eye makeup and such then put another layer of this on at the very end of my makeup routine and it looks pretty darn flawless! the only thing that is unfortunate is that it does come off fairly easily. Don't touch or wipe your face if you want this to still be on. But other then that, it was great for my skin, really helped me clear up, and did a lot better with my oily skin compared to the mac. I also have dry skin, i just exfoliate every 4 or so days and this looks great.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the shade in sand, and it is a perfect close match to my skin. The coverage is great and it doesn't look chalky on my skintone. The compact is very easy to slip into my bag and contains spf 20, which is very good, since I get red if I don't wear sufficient sunscreen. It doesn't break me out and layers well under my Oil of Olay moisturizer with spf 15. Compact is a bit cheap, but it at least contains a mirror and application sponge. It is way better at absorbing oil than my Mac mineralize powder and is much cheaper as well. Will repurchase again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation made my skin oily. It caused breakouts and comes off easily and feels cakey.

on 7/23/2009 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The best mineral foundation you will find in a drugstore, handsdown!!

on 7/23/2009 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this!! Just as good as other High End brands but half the price. Covers well and looks very natural. Gives a nice glow to my skin. Best mineral powder you will ever find in a drugstore. Will continue to use this over and over.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this powder foundation in Soft Beige 20. It comes in a compact with the powder on top, a mirror that swings up on the underside of the powder, and a sponge applicator in the bottom. The hinges of the container are very thin, and one hinge of the middle powder/mirror section was already broken when I opened the package. I bought this product because I wanted something that would provide medium coverage and remove shine without the heaviness and mess of liquid foundation or loose powder foundation. Unfortunately, this doesn't provide enough coverage, and because it is a powder, it emphasizes my dry spots and flakes and is too matte if applied with the sponge applicator that it comes with. It looks much better when buffed lightly with a powder brush. I use it mainly for touchups throughout the day to combat shine and oiliness. Occasionally, it will look nice and give my skin a glow if I have enough moisturizer on and buff it in correctly, but the results are just too fickle for me. Also, my face tends to get greasier over the course of the day, and this powder just rubs right off. I end up loosing all of the limited amount of coverage that it provides after only a few hours. It just doesn't last if used as a foundation.

Pros: SPF 20, good shade selection
Cons: goes on too matte and dry, better as a powder than foundation, poor lasting power

Bottom line: It may be worth a repurchase for a powder only if I ever finish using it. I like the Revlon ColorStay powder much, much better because it is silkier and gives a nice finish over Revlon ColorStay foundation.