Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

on 11/29/2006 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wasn't so impressed by this makeup. It has a great package but the brush is hard to wash since it's attached to the powder in a sense and that just made me break out really bad. I did like the way it looked but it was hard to get it to come out of the brush and hard to draw enough powder to get good even coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Well, this gets a '3' for being average with both advantages and disadvantages.

Pros: packaging slim and compact; not particularly messy (I love the coverage of the loose mineral powders like bare escentuals, but I can not deal daily with the mess in the bathroom every time I used it, even when I tried to tap the brush into the waste basket); very easy to apply; sheer so the shade easily blends with skin; keeps my skin relatively shine free throughout the day, somewhat evens tone.

Cons: packaging cheaply made (brilliant design, awful execution--this is my 2nd, and both cracked and the caps chipped and the sliding part broke off on my first); if you're looking for actual coverage, this won't provide it (I use for the mattifying and even-ing effect, rather than for coverage); sometimes the powder doesn't want to come out of the brush without much shaking; the brush could be softer, though its not terribly stiff or hard either.

Overall, I would buy again for the convenience, but I'm hoping that either another company puts mineral powder in the same type of design (better made) or that Neutrogena hears the complaints and ramps up the quality of both the case and the powder so that it provides a tad more coverage.

on 10/12/2006 4:13:00 PM

This is decent. I wanted to try this when it first came out, because I always heard mineral makeup was better for you. So I bought it for $14. And then when I tried to use it, it would not come out to save my life! Finally, after like 15 minutes, it started to come out, but you could hardly even tell if it was! I still really can't tell when I use it if it is doing anything for my face or not. It just doesn't show up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well first i loved the fact that it didnt make me breakout! and second it went on very even! the only thing that i would change about it is the coverage it was a very sheer coverage but beside that I LOVED IT! :) hope this reveiw helps :)